South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

So close but no cigar for me...

Oh, it's been and gone then, I must have been asleep all weekend? acute.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

still trawling through the posts since this morning but acc to the nw 7 day forecast we have lost the snow here on Sat/sun. Just showing some sleet in the early hours sat morning then showing snow now for tues instead. Would prefer over the weekend as not got to worry about drive to work.

I will await the next change pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Guys the NW forecast uses the GFS ...i think. but there are many other models that still forecast snow so dont PANIC yet lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Guys the NW forecast uses the GFS ...i think. but there are many other models that still forecast snow so dont PANIC yet lol

ah thanks for that rolleyes.gif

I will keep reading and refrain from panicking lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Surely the PPN being further South is better for us? It places the mild sector from the low further South too! It's currently looking like an all snow event for the North of our region, going by the GFS anyway.

(I'm not including East Anglia in the above, sorry, didn't realise the thread hadn't been split)

P.S. It might be helpful if everyone put their location in their signature, it'd be a big help when snow starts to fall if the location stuff hasn't been put back on

Edited by Daniel Smith

Posted

Upgrade alert !!!

5.57 news 24

Susan Powell

Showed PPN moving up as far as mid Wales across to St. Albans with it turning to snow around the m4 corridor then pushing southeast turning to snow as it does !

Sunday had snow showers all down eastern side of uk with her saying pushing far inland , then mention temperatures will not go above freezing all day Sunday and getting even colder next week

Posted

ECM looks great again tonight, shortwave moving SSE with a band of snow (after this weekend's possible snowfalls):

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2013011012/ECM1-96.GIF?10-0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2013011012/ECM1-120.GIF?10-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

I think it will snow, no charts to back it up, but i know, because for the 1st time in my entire life i dont want it too (well i do, but i really DON'T need it!) as my wife is due to have our ankle biter on the 12th of Feb, and i might be starting a new job, (if my second interview went well today), at the end of Jan, so there you go, it's nailed on! lol

Posted

I think it will snow, no charts to back it up, but i know, because for the 1st time in my entire life i dont want it too (well i do, but i really DON'T need it!) as my wife is due to have our ankle biter on the 12th of Feb, and i might be starting a new job, (if my second interview went well today), at the end of Jan, so there you go, it's nailed on! lol

Good luck with the impending job and baby! Is it your first?

Posted

Somebody suggested putting locations into our signatures.............. brilliant idea, if only I could figure out how to do it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Go to profile, then edit my profile (top right hand corner) then click on signature in the panel on the left of the screen...hope that helps.

Posted

Somebody suggested putting locations into our signatures.............. brilliant idea, if only I could figure out how to do it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks smile.png

Click on your profile, then 'my settings' and signature is on the bar on the left, type in your changes and then click 'save changes'. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Good luck with the impending job and baby! Is it your first?

no i have had a few jobs, lol...........................rofl.gif

I have an 11 year old son, from my last relationship, shame i never get to spend snow days with him as i can never get to his home when the weather gets snowy, it's my wife's first, cant wait for it to be here now, i say it, as we dont know the sex yet :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

I have just donned my tin hat and ventured into the model thread, fully expecting to find low flying toys and spat out dummies. Actually I found quite a positive vibe bar a few doomers.

No change short term in fact maybe a slight upgrade for the 12z ECM and it is a beauty tonight for the midterm and before everybody jumps on me I know its all FI but still, great potential.

Fingers crossed it doesn't decide to jump ship to the GFS camp.

Posted

Click on your profile, then 'my settings' and signature is on the bar on the left, type in your changes and then click 'save changes'. smile.png

What happened to being able to put your location on the left of the page under username?

Anyway back on track is there really any chance of snow in Eastbourne this weekend???

Posted

no i have had a few jobs, lol...........................rofl.gif

I have an 11 year old son, from my last relationship, shame i never get to spend snow days with him as i can never get to his home when the weather gets snowy, it's my wife's first, cant wait for it to be here now, i say it, as we dont know the sex yet :)

Exciting times! My partner and I both had children from a previous relationship and when we had our little boy we didn't find out the sex either...so much more exciting! Good luck on both job and baby :)