Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The 12z has Saturdays low is further south with really only areas south of London getting PPN.

As some have said over on the MOD thread, any further southward shifts in tomorrow's charts, Saturdays rain/snow affecting the channel, and coastal areas. :-(

I think Im much to far north for Saturday, hopefully Sunday will see snow showers

Edited by Dexter29

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

I gotta feeling im going to end up with egg on my face....put on FB that we will get snow this weekend....GFS say no.....

Joy

Posted

Quieter on Sunday during the day then towards the end of the evening, here we go again:

84_20.gif

90_20.gif

Posted

Bought the N/W radar extra dont let me down weather -.-

Last time I did that in December it all went wrong...scared I'll jinx it all if I buy right now :D Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow evening...

Posted

I gotta feeling im going to end up with egg on my face....put on FB that we will get snow this weekend....GFS say no.....

Joy

Some definite signs over past couple of runs of Saturday rain/snow line to be moved further and further south.

12z = London barely gets any ppn

Posted

if you think the credibility of the latest GFS can be stretched this far, take a look a this from later in the run:

114_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

netweather extra radar bought YAY!

That's it, you've jinxed it now!

Posted

Bought the N/W radar extra dont let me down weather -.-

Last time I did that in December it all went wrong...scared I'll jinx it all if I buy right now :D Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow evening...

netweather extra radar bought YAY!

Like Dan and I said...jinxed :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

This 12z is much better. We keep the cold, snow conducive uppers over us out to 144 :)

Monday night looks good for snow too

TBH I think we are going to get a good load of snow from Saturday afternoon through to Tuesday..As ever you lucky people on the east coast will feed of the snow showers..Hopefully we get some thames streamers ;)

Like Dan and I said...jinxed biggrin.png

Nah..Im lucky.. ;) Lucky Lukey they call me.. Sounds a bit gay 0.0

What did I say..The model thread is all high again...

Posted

Glad I didn't jinx things I went out and bought a snow shovel from Tesco last night. Coast on those maps what does the red squiggle mean? I have looked on the guide you posted yesterday but I couldn't find it.

Posted

Looking at the evolution of the NAE charts from the last 5 runs I still do not think the modelling of this weekends low pressure is set in stone yet. There have been significant changes to the modelling on every run - which is to be expected as it comes into the shorter range, but there is also too much change for any confidence and we will have to rely on the Met Fax charts for the reality - so I would not worry too much about precipitation even at this range... I still feel the low may track more easterly than the southerly direction currently modelled

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

TBH I think we are going to get a good load of snow from Saturday afternoon through to Tuesday..As ever you lucky people on the east coast will feed of the snow showers..Hopefully we get some thames streamers ;)

Extremely optimistic as ever Mr Surrey :p

My best case scenario would be 1-3cm on Sat eve followed by a few snow showers on sunday. And chances of anything heavier confined to Monday night. Imby.

As for streamers? No chance.

Not being negative just realistic, hope I'm wrong!

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

Not being negative but the posts suggesting - "loads of snow" "get the shovels ready" for this weekend, this isn't really true.

Latest NAE has the PPN further south, south of London looks good to pick up at least 3cm of snow perhaps 5cm on high ground Saturday but this could obviously all change for good or better.

Don't shoot the messenger, just keeping it real with what current models are showing!

Heavy snow showing up for SE early next week, but that's here nor there at the moment.

Ps... Actually thinking about it, 3cm for this part of the world is pretty good going.... Lol

Edited by Dexter29

Posted

Actually the fact that we have got something showing in the relatively near future rather than grey dross and rain of previous weeks I think we all have the right to get a little bit excited about some of the white stuff.

Posted

I never said get the shovels ready for the weekend, I am talking about next week.

Oh ok sorry I thought you meant this weekend.

Never say the word 'shovels' unless its within 36hr timeframe ;-)

But yes the UKMO shows high snowfall early next week - we shall see!

This is so much better than that boring mild wet dross we just had to endure. Exciting times ahead hopefully

Posted

OK, not best suited geographically to the biggest potential in our region, but as it's the closest available so gives an idea. The GFS Free-Atmosphere shows the best chance to be Sunday night there, look at how the 500-1000 hgt line drops

MU_London_avn.png