Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Please please don't follow the BBC forecast .They are usually out of date. And with all the information you have at your hands with charts, graphs ETC. You could make your own forecast smile.png

im actually going by the ones on news 24 etc.. i know the recorded ones are not to go by but the ones with an actual weather presenter live or in studio

Posted

I think major investment is needed on weather technology, seriously! This isn't a moan by the way, because I genuinely believe the GFS will start to gradually make some sense of the amount of cold coming very soon and thus fall in too line with the UKMO & ECM for that matter, although it would seem on 1 run that it's falling in line with the backtracked GFS on it's 4 consecutive runs now.

i agree. I bet the solution would be to throw more money at the models though. I have a limited understanding but personally believe this wouldn't make that much difference. What appears to be missing is data. They're having to forecast current conditions before they even start to run the models, that can't be good. Might give myself a little project to see how different those initial conditions are for each model

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Matt hugo's snow risk map for Sat night into sun morning...

post-15445-0-25351800-1357815957_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Its horrid in the Mod thread.....

My NW forecast for hatfield has now gone from snow for 24 hours with 90% chance to snow for a few hours with 60% chance....BOO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Its horrid in the Mod thread.....

My NW forecast for hatfield has now gone from snow for 24 hours with 90% chance to snow for a few hours with 60% chance....BOO

Which is only a 40% chance of it not happening. rofl.gif I'm sure you don't need telling that you might as well wipe your backside on these predictions. They are only useful for trends. In saying that, they have been trending taht way for many a day now. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Matt hugo's snow risk map for Sat night into sun morning...

post-15445-0-25351800-1357815957_thumb.p

Now i like this one,yes plz rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Which is only a 40% chance of it not happening. rofl.gif I'm sure you don't need telling that you might as well wipe your backside on these predictions. They are only useful for trends. In saying that, they have been trending taht way for many a day now. acute.gif

Yea i know....but when snow is on the cards my petulant child side comes out. "I want snow and I want to know how much im gonna get and when Im gonna get it"

I know the NW charts take data from the GFS so I doubt we can nail on any details until tomorrow night, but still I wanna know lol tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

what forecasts

This one buy

Suburban Streamer

All good things come to those that wait smile.png

Snore lazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Peterborough snow risk has gone from 80% sat 90% sun and 90% mon to ZERO has the snow sheild been placed over us again ???

Posted

Hmmmmm

UK Outlook for Tuesday 15 Jan 2013 to Thursday 24 Jan 2013:

Sunny spells and wintry showers are expected to affect the UK on Tuesday and Wednesday. The showers are expected to be most frequent towards the east with snow likely to low levels, giving the risk of significant accumulations across some eastern counties. More prolonged rain, sleet and snow may spread into the southwest by Wednesday. It will be cold, locally very cold, with widespread overnight frost and ice. Thereafter, there is greater than average uncertainty, but central and western areas are likely to be mainly fine and dry although some rain and milder conditions may temporarily spread into the far west. Elsewhere, snow showers are expected and these spread further west at times. Generally cold with widespread frost, icy patches and freezing fog in places.

Updated: 1137 on Thu 10 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Posted

If this goes bang then we will all say the point of model watching is !!!!!

cannot remember a time like this

Coast your valuable input now. How likely do you think we are to a prolonged cold spell

Hmmmmm

UK Outlook for Tuesday 15 Jan 2013 to Thursday 24 Jan 2013:

Sunny spells and wintry showers are expected to affect the UK on Tuesday and Wednesday. The showers are expected to be most frequent towards the east with snow likely to low levels, giving the risk of significant accumulations across some eastern counties. More prolonged rain, sleet and snow may spread into the southwest by Wednesday. It will be cold, locally very cold, with widespread overnight frost and ice. Thereafter, there is greater than average uncertainty, but central and western areas are likely to be mainly fine and dry although some rain and milder conditions may temporarily spread into the far west. Elsewhere, snow showers are expected and these spread further west at times. Generally cold with widespread frost, icy patches and freezing fog in places.

Updated: 1137 on Thu 10 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Depending on how strong the easterly is I think the showers could push quite far inland...Thames streamers possible?