Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Ew the anticipation will it,wont it,Diazepam ,booze,noose,etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

A nice cool start to today in west MK, no frost this morning which is a shame - had a nice grass frost at midnight.

Same here Grinzz, and nice to see someone else from Milton Keynes on here good.gif

Morning, is it just me that can no longer view everyone's locations? Sorry if this has already been mentioned - to me it's one of the most crucial tools when on here knowing who has snow the closest to me etc.

The members locations are switched off at the moment to save resources; it maybe a good idea for everyone to add their location to their signature as there will no doubt be loads of posts reporting snowfall in the next few days and it’s nice to know where everyone is located.

......for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save !

I think it’s probably worth getting the Netweather Radar now for the weekend if any of you haven’t got it; it’s going to be the best way to keep an eye on this system as it evolves through Saturday. …..

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Same here Grinzz, and nice to see someone else from Milton Keynes on here good.gif

The members locations are switched off at the moment to save resources; it maybe a good idea for everyone to add their location to their signature as there will no doubt be loads of posts reporting snowfall in the next few days and it’s nice to know where everyone is located.

......for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save !

I think it’s probably worth getting the Netweather Radar now for the weekend if any of you haven’t got it; it’s going to be the best way to keep an eye on this system as it evolves through Saturday. …..

http://www.netweathe...tion=radar;sess=

I got the radar last month,but because of my log in problems couldnt get it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've just looked at the GFS ensemble run for maximum temperatures in London. After the mildish blip on 18th, there's still a lot of potential for cold weather here to my eyes, even ignoring the potential event in 2 to 5 days time.

post-11059-0-11668500-1357823406_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Matthew Hugo â€@MattHugo81

Latest UKMO 6 to 15 day fcst whilst highlighting uncertainty most certainly reads as though it based on the EC ENS & not the GFS ENS really

Twitter from Matt about an hour ago

Not surprising as the Meto dont put too much faith in the GFS from what i understand

Posted

I can't see anyone's location, have I done something to change the settings or is it the same for everybody?

It's ok Anita, they have removed them for now to save bandwdth while it's so busy on here good.gif

Posted

I can't see anyone's location, have I done something to change the settings or is it the same for everybody?

same for everyone mate.

freeing up room on server for all the posts in mod thred lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

You're right mate.

Showing warnings for snow alsmot everywhere EXCEPT south east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Thanks to those who replied back to me about this, I've added a temporary signature for operation white stuff!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

always worrying when the bbc put their "trusted" snow graphics on us a couple of days before the event.....

but fwiw....

post-15445-0-68555000-1357824903_thumb.j

post-15445-0-72139700-1357825020_thumb.j

pretty much inline with the snow risk map from matt hugo i posted earlier.

post-15445-0-76055100-1357825195_thumb.p

ecm not having any of it.

Of course it will change but for now thats how its looking.

by tomorrow we will be in nae range so should get a better idea

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

Switched off currently due to high numbers on the forum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

trying to sign up to NW Extra not having it :/

Hi Luke,

Mention it in here

see if Paul or one of the reds can help you !

It's the same for everybody, the members locations are switched off at the moment to save resources; it maybe a good idea for everyone to add their location to their signature as there hopefully will be loads of posts reporting snowfall in the next few days and it’s nice to know where everyone is located.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

That's sleet

Not imby! smile.png

Anyway u can't take those graphics too literally. But the theme is rain pushing up from sw with snow on n and ne edge as it hits the colder air and later on saturday night as the cold air digs further we should/could see more of that rain turning to snow

Edited by Suburban Streamer