Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just a quickie - Dont feed the trolls and they will quickly find other places to Inhabit!

Thinon all I have seen is posts from you trying to get a reaction, thankfully nobody is biting.........yet.

Can you please explain to us meteorologically speaking why you think it will be all sleet ?? I would like you to tell us why the evaporative cooling process will not occur overnight into Sunday morning.

I await your response and some charts to back up your way of thinking please!

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

As has been said earlier, interesting that the Met Office 15 day is more bullish in terms of cold and snow potential throughout next week. I may be wrong but I'm sure this was only updated a short while ago which suggests they're becoming more confident in the ECM/UKMO solutions. Still plenty of time for a backtrack though!

Posted

Looking forward to Sunday when the winds veer more easterly/north easterly should blow snow showers ashore in eastern coastal districts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Whatever happens on the 12z with regards to next week it will be apt to start looking at some serious details for this weekend shortly. Seems like a long, long wait we've all had to get to that point but at long last it is nearly here!

Hooray!

Posted

How are we looking this afternoon then? Still on for the weekend I hope.

It is a bit chilly here today and we had a lovely frost this morning. Which is more like it, now it feels like Winter.

Looking forward to updates on the trends and to posts from Coast, John and Ben as the day progresses. :)

Posted

MetO's latest bulletin to Croydon Council is to expect potential snow during Saturday/Sunday and possibly into next week cold.gifcold.gif

Posted

Jeez it's taken ages to catch up on everything today. You finish reading MAD thread then catch up on here then by the time you go back to MAD thread there are another 10 pages to read through. How can I put someone on ignore?

Posted

How are we looking this afternoon then? Still on for the weekend I hope.

It is a bit chilly here today and we had a lovely frost this morning. Which is more like it, now it feels like Winter.

Looking forward to updates on the trends and to posts from Coast, John and Ben as the day progresses. smile.png

Hello Chilly, much more seasonal I agree. Like you, keeping a very close eye on the technical and knowledgeable posts on here, and also those from Coast!!biggrin.png (That's me banned......)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Just a quickie - Dont feed the trolls and they will quickly find other places to Inhabit!

Thinon all I have seen is posts from you trying to get a reaction, thankfully nobody is biting.........yet.

Can you please explain to us meteorologically speaking why you think it will be all sleet ?? I would like you to tell us why the evaporative cooling process will not occur overnight into Sunday morning.

Yep thats right ,we are one big family on here,and everyone is welcome to join,as long as they BEHAVE

Posted

Are you questioning my meteorological credentials? Tut tut. We'll definitely be returning to this soon enough.

'Troll' is a bit harsh for someone with 102 posts in 8 years lazy.gif but thanks for the feed anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

MetO's latest bulletin to Croydon Council is to expect potential snow during Saturday/Sunday and possibly into next week cold.gifcold.gif

Yes you go Yamkin

Posted

It wouldn't be snowy time without Yamkin good.gif . 5c here after a low of 3c overnight. A work colleague just north of Brighton says it feels much colder down there - anyone from that neck of the woods?

Posted

Are you questioning my meteorological credentials? Tut tut. We'll definitely be returning to this soon enough.

'Troll' is a bit harsh for someone with 102 posts in 8 years lazy.gif but thanks for the feed anyway.

Just a very very good memory

Would love some charts from you though, 850's etc, surely not a lot to ask if you are that good at Meteorology to back up these doom and gloom posts.

We have our eyes and ears on you matey! Like we did a few years ago!

Posted

It wouldn't be snowy time without Yamkin good.gif . 5c here after a low of 3c overnight. A work colleague just north of Brighton says it feels much colder down there - anyone from that neck of the woods?

I am currently and it is a bit cooler here as expected. I don't think the cold coming in is an issue, it's where that pesky snow lands that's still open to question!

Posted

Everything will be fine

Rain on Saturday, turning to Sleet and then a period of Snow into Sunday!

Even Thinon agrees with this surely ?? tease.gifacute.gifacute.gif

Posted

Meto website have no snow symbols for my area - Epping Essex for Saturday now, this morning showed light snow for Saturday now it shows light rain.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the current Meto Snow warnings are for Wales and SW midlands and not us.

I can't access and charts at the moment but how is the PPN looking for our region Saturday?

Edited by Dexter29

Posted

Everything will be fine

Rain on Saturday, turning to Sleet and then a period of Snow into Sunday!

Would be good if the first Under 10s winter net practice on Sunday coincided with falling snow - cricket inside, snow outside, then home to a roaring fire and a glass or 2 of something suitably warming (and I don't mean Lemsip!)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please don't bring the model thread into this thread. We are all one very happy family in this thread. And Alison, Paul and every other forum mod put a lot of time and effort clearing the crap out of the model thread we don't want that here.

Chins up. Look to the sky and wait it out. We will get snow this winter (eventually)

Fear not my man...da da daaaaaaa...It's Captain Trollcrusher here.....any sign of that, and the dreaded Finger of Doom â„¢ will pay a short, sharp trip to 'Deleteland'....lol