Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well as we`re pretty close by dan,up for a snowball fight next week as don`t look like work will be on the cards. :rofl.gif

Not so sure we'd be able to have a snowball fight, as we'd all be knee deep in snow making it impossible to walk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Not so sure we'd be able to have a snowball fight, as we'd all be knee deep in snow making it impossible to walk!

Actually meant Dan-iel,lol

But a Netweather snowball fight sounds a good idea!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Yes its a good one, EA & the SE will be under feet of snow with that ECM!

Its just the start of the show I think, take a look at the ECM t-216 chart and the massive rush

of very cold air over the eastern sea board of the USA.

This should avect warm air up towards greenland and thats when the real fun and games will start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Testing Sig and urging peeps to hate the GFS and luv the ECM :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Hmm many are saying snow showers but Met show just a cloudy day they only mention snow showers in the text forecast for Sunday and Monday without display.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I think I'm going to start lamp post watching Saturday night now, instead of going to pub for a lads night out..... They would call me a sad soandso. But I know you guys on here understand 😃ðŸ‘⛄your all my best weather buddies. 😄😄😄

Edited by LeighD

Posted

Last year my wife said to me why do you keep looking out the window every 5 mins !

Just checking my van , there's been a few break ins lately , while staring at the lampost hahaha

Before the ECM rolled out I really did think that the ECM would get milder due to the GFS being ridiculously stubborn with its outputs at the moment, I was wrong...

The ECM model is STILL showing blizzard after blizzard next week, and what's more amazing is that it's getting closer and closer to this scenario. If the ECM did come off (which is vaguely backed by the UKMO and JMA) then a very dangerous or potentially catastrophic week will follow.

If I had to guess the snow depths, some favoured locations in the South may get up to 16-22 inches

who owns this on FB?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Hiya Dan,

The low to the west of us seems to be sinking fast. Any thoughts on that?

Jan

We should be JUST okay if the tracking stays the same, Northern extent at the moment looks to be somewhere around the Thames Estuary taking a blend of NAE, NMM, HIRLAM and GFS

Posted

Well, it's certainly getting colder. 2.6c here now and no stars visible. I', off to get the NW radar. I'll try not to jinx it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Before the ECM rolled out I really did think that the ECM would get milder due to the GFS being ridiculously stubborn with its outputs at the moment, I was wrong...

The ECM model is STILL showing blizzard after blizzard next week, and what's more amazing is that it's getting closer and closer to this scenario. If the ECM did come off (which is vaguely backed by the UKMO and JMA) then a very dangerous or potentially catastrophic week will follow.

If I had to guess the snow depths, some favoured locations in the South may get up to 16-22 inches

who owns this on FB?

I saw that on Facebook too! London and south east weather. Btw Surrey, love how huge your sig is!! Gonna make mine a bit bigger too..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I think people need to be very cautious about the week ahead.

There is a reason why the Meto et all are not forecasting snowmageddon yet ;-)

Comparing the various model runs next to each other as the week progresses a higher percentage are showing a mild incursion for the whole country by the end of the week at the moment and I believe that has increased over the last day or so.

Hopefully the ECM will be right but i'm still sticking with my T72 max reliability time frame, beyond that who knows but we can pray :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Evening everyone hope you are all well and ready like me, I'm in Gravesend Kent what are the chances of seeing some snow soon?? Thanks in advance

Posted

We should be JUST okay if the tracking stays the same, Northern extent at the moment looks to be somewhere around the Thames Estuary taking a blend of NAE, NMM, HIRLAM and GFS

Historically those lows seem to sink. Bit of a worry really