Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Could be a good set-up for a Thames streamer!

Hence my post earlier when I said BOOOOOOOOOM!

-12C Uppers and an East North Easterly could be a return of the fabled Thundersnow with the North Sea at SST's of 7c that will create carnage with showers pushing into the London area and areas South of the Thames!

Posted

Faversham midkent looking good for snow if those faxes hold true...... Please..... Im moving house to glossop derbyshire in march.....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

Where's John and yamkin tonight

Can't go to sleep till I get their thoughts

##

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

we will see snow from saturday night

more heavier stuff sunday pm onwards

Posted

Apart from watching all the models this past week seeing every thing fall in to place at long last.The bbc forecasts bit by bit geared up the potential over the past few days.Apart from there favourite.The uncertainty about this forecast,you new something was brewing.Some snow in the mix for sat to cover themselves.Then we may get the odd shower on the coast,next coastal fringes and now were up to snow showers sun.Maybe tomorrow ,sunday will be convection snowyahoo.gif

Edited by snowblues

Posted

Netweather hi-res NMM model shows rain up to the M4 corridor initially on Saturday which turns to sleet by 18Z. We'll need to see the next run to see what happens after that (I'm not getting up at 5am though!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

TO NOTE AND IMPORTANT

SEE THE LOW PRESSURE TO OUR SOUTH EAST

ACCORDING TO FAX CHART THAT WILL HIT US LATE TUESDAY

HEAVY SNOW AND DISRUPTION IF THIS CONTINUES ITS TRACK

we still continue under 528 dam air

John, that is just ramping GOLD. Well done sir, keep up the good work!!!

Posted

If wind is in the right direction areas of se will be inundated.... North sea snow machine..... Likes of us lake effect snow very possible with -8-12c upper ait and 8-10c sea temps..... Thunder snow?

Posted

Hence my post earlier when I said BOOOOOOOOOM!

-12C Uppers and an East North Easterly could be a return of the fabled Thundersnow with the North Sea at SST's of 7c that will create carnage with showers pushing into the London area and areas South of the Thames!

The ENE Thames streamer is the most annoying thing for someone who lives in North London. blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

John, do you think the front clearing tuesday morning will swing back into southeastern parts for tuesday evening?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thanks John ! I can have sweet dreams now

Bit uncertain if mum should risk drive from Somme , france to me Tuesday and return weds

And bit uncertain if going to a funeral in charging tues pm is likely

That aside I'm so excited !!!

Oh also I always seem to miss the bounty on Thames streamers but I think there is another type of streamer I do well from but can't recall the phrase

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Kent, but especially East Kent always does well in this type of set-up (if either the ECM or GFS varifies).

Still remember during the 1980's when parts of East Kent were cut off for days with huge snow-drifts.

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Thames steamers thunder snow!!! Im actually getting really really excited for once whoop woop my huskies are gonna love it :))))

Posted

The ENE Thames streamer is the most annoying thing for someone who lives in North London. blum.gif

Yeah I know................But

The interesting thing about the Tuesday into Wednesday event that John posted further back was a front coming back into the SE From La France, this would be on South Easterlies favouring the Northern Side of the Thames, share and share alike I say!

From the looks of whats going on there will be so many chances over the next 5-7 days starting Saturday I dont think many will miss out, for instance you are better placed for the Monday night event coming down from the NW, Whereas coastal areas might miss out as the precip goes down the spine of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Good Luck with the snow! Want to know where will be better for Snow this weekend the south (Aylesbury) or The Peak District? If anyone could help me out i would be greatful smile.png

Edited by OldGreggsTundraBoy

Posted

My location missed out last year I think when we had a thames streamer, hastings and eastbourne were battered but just few miles along the coast here we had literally one flurry that did nothing. I'm not sure what it was though, think it may have been a more NNE flow though, anyone remember it?

Posted

Thanks John ! I can have sweet dreams now

Bit uncertain if mum should risk drive from Somme , france to me Tuesday and return weds

And bit uncertain if going to a funeral in charging tues pm is likely

That aside I'm so excited !!!

Oh also I always seem to miss the bounty on Thames streamers but I think there is another type of streamer I do well from but can't recall the phrase

The NNE Kent Clipper or Kent Slapper!

Posted

Newbie -will the south east on the coast see any white fluffy stuff. Thank you :-)

Posted

I recall a streamer hitting further up the estuary with the action missing us at Herne Bayfool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Netweather hi-res NMM model shows rain up to the M4 corridor initially on Saturday which turns to sleet by 18Z. We'll need to see the next run to see what happens after that (I'm not getting up at 5am though!)

Thank you for putting your location and altitude. It's a big help… especially when the snow starts to fall.

Posted

PPVO89.gif?31415

the low sat to our south east will first of all set off continuous showers for the south east

we may see a streamer set up thames and kent as wind could be variable with this

when and if the low goes over the south east

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

could anyone help me change my avatar pic please I'm now using iPad and cannot upload a new pic but would like this one set now:

snowday5212005.jpg

Thank you x

Posted

Thames steamers thunder snow!!! Im actually getting really really excited for once whoop woop my huskies are gonna love it smile.png)))

I don't think my Jack Russel and my cat will pull a sledgeacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Well in my many years on Netweather, I have to say this week has been the most exciting bar none! Models flip flopping all over the place and at this moment all is now looking good again. However, as a quick word of warning, I remember all too well the 2005 easterly debacle, when it disappeared less than 72 hours out. All we should worry about now is to get the cold here then start worrying about the snowfall. Not trying to 'outramp' JP or Rampkin, but I think there's about a 50/50 chance of a very significant winter event just around the corner. Here's hoping.