Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

hmm it seems the potential for serious amount of snow starts next week. TBH this weekend just looks like a starter - don't expect anything amazing, maybe just enough to make some snowballs and put them in the freezer for the big snowball fights next week.

Monday night into tuesday looks the most likely with this been in quite a few runs now (mainly ECM) with a low sweeping down the country. Also remember we are pretty far east so nothing really looks marginal after this weekend good.gif

Edited by BarnetBlizzard

Posted

hmm it seems the potential for serious amount of snow starts next week. TBH this weekend just looks like a starter - don't expect anything amazing, maybe just make some snowballs and put them in the freezer for the big snowball fights next week.

Monday night into tuesday looks the most likely with this been in quite a few runs now (mainly ECM) with a low sweeping down the country. Also remember we are pretty far east so nothing really looks marginal after this weekend good.gif

Absolutely. With the ECM promising channel lows (hopefully) we are in the prime position for the white stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Hi everyone!!........... NOW am I allowed to get excited?......Please!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Where do you live Leigh?

I live in Thurrock. Near Lakeside Shopping centre.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

It has to snow now. I've just (maybe foolishly) told my 5 & 3 year old boys that's its going to snow. PLEASE make it snow, or I'm going to be the worst dad come Sunday ⛄⛄⛄⛄

You and me both

Looking at the mods this eve , the southeast looks looks like being in plum position for most of next week ,just hope temps stay low enough,!clapping.gif

Posted

I live in Thurrock. Near Lakeside Shopping centre.

According to Essexweather on twitter: the precip won't reach Essex Saturday and they say it will stay dry... Boo! :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

If the ppn reaches London it will snow

Yes.

I've told family and friends that we're likely to see snow on Saturday, so expect it to downgrade dramatically now.

Can everyone please put their location in their signature, makes answering questions a lot easier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Dan - im in Canterbury, will i see any snow on saturday night?

If things remain as they are and we don't see a shift Southwards, yes

Posted

I wouldn't get to excited if you live say 20 miles north of the m4 just yet ! Cold will be in place but will the PPN reach , fingers crossed lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Our very own Ian Fergusson's excellent forecast it is here (on the right hand side!) http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654675

As he says "a lot to pray play for " good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss x lol

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Posted

Dan - im in Canterbury, will i see any snow on saturday night?

I know you weren't asking me but yes. kent seems to be the best place to be for saturday. Not only has it got moderate precipitation (much lighter further north) but it should stay as snow for most of the duration of the event (it's gunna start or stay as rain further west).

Edited by BarnetBlizzard

Posted

According to Essexweather on twitter: the precip won't reach Essex Saturday and they say it will stay dry... Boo! :-(

This is my worry as well

The latest rain to snow band seems to elongate from the SW Midlands and Wales through the London area and slips away Southwards, Essex, Kent, Suffolk and Norfolk could actually stay dry Saturday, on the up side those 4 counties should be peppered with Snow Showers on Sunday and Monday!

Swings and Roundabouts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Well as we`re pretty close by dan,up for a snowball fight next week as don`t look like work will be on the cards. :rofl.gif

Posted

Alex on bbc look east was siting on the fence still and not committing herself

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes.

I've told family and friends that we're likely to see snow on Saturday, so expect it to downgrade dramatically now.

Can everyone please put their location in their signature, makes answering questions a lot easier

It had better… I've said I'd visit some people I don't like very much next week with the proviso that if it's snowy, I might not make it. Save me, great weather goddess! Save me from having to trek into Cambridge.

Posted

Alex on bbc look east was siting on the fence still and not committing herself

That forecast was in complete contrast to the forecast I saw on the national news 30 minutes earlier. Probably the forecast for Norwich!

Extremely conservative and blase for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

What is net weather trying to do to me,i always like the will it snow,and its been saying 90% chance of snow for me on sunday then it dropped earlier to 70% now its saying nothing for Sunday,What is going on unsure.png

Posted

I know you weren't asking me but yes. kent seems to be the best place to be for saturday. Not only has it got moderate precipitation (much lighter further north) but it should stay as snow for most of the duration of the event (it's gunna start or stay as rain further west).

Thanks, exciting next week, do you think the 18Z GFS will continue the backtrack? ECM is unreal tonight, way to extreme but would be good if it happened