Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Violence doesn't usually result in sexual favours... Nice words, wine and the promise of favours returned are better, though how that might apply to atmospheric variables is anyone's guess.

Oh dear Hairy Celt I see your mind is wandering again - lets hope the snow comes soon to relieve your frustration (my Freudian analysis of your post!) crazy.gif

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Booked for a week in June. blum.gif

See you there darlingtease.gifair_kiss.gif

Oh dear Hairy Celt I see your mind is wandering again - lets hope the snow comes soon to relieve your frustration (my Freudian analysis of your post!) crazy.gif

whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Ok, we have an upgrade at 0 hours - slightly less warmth out in the Atlantic, slightly more cold at the 950 level over us:

13011318_1318.gif

13011318_1318.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Ok so my mums in the middle of a blizzard. N its lying on the ground.

Oh aye, shes in wolverhampton.

N HATES the snaw!

Wasted on her lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

So, I look at the online list to gauge a feeling if the snaw is still topic of conversation, and the first username I see is this

clap.gif

Bit nippy around the gorbals?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Well another weekend over so from the white stuff back to the green stuff (Methadone) all week in Dundee. Nitey nite all and thanks for all the craic. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

1-2" o snaw. T falling. 0.1 C now. Gonnae aw freeze up....diablo.gif

-0.1 now....

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Looking good for the Borders, Perthshire, Dundee, north Fife, Angus and anywhere with a bit of higher ground tomorrow morning:

13011409_2_1318.gif

Cold coming back at us fast:

13011412_2_1318.gif

Backedge snowfall for the east coast is something to keep an eye on:

13011418_2_1318.gif

Where it stall it will be very intense, and prolonged, with perhaps 20cm of precipitation in a 6 hour period, so if the uppers hold this could give really significant snowfall totals. Currently the sweet spot is about eastern Edinburgh-East Lothian-Lauder-Berwick, but that could change.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

1-2" o snaw. T falling. 0.1 C now. Gonnae aw freeze up....diablo.gif

-0.1 now....

Aye, 0C here too, puddles are freezing nicely, should be good for some wintry roads in the morning...blink.pngsmile.png

Posted

I'm still on 1c....waiting and watching for the drop so ma snaw will freeze aggressive.gif

Posted

After this, easterly winds set for the evening across the central belt with cold uppers pushing in, although on this run a shortwave feature develops to the north bringing a further snowfall risk here:

13011421_1318.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

After this, easterly winds set for the evening across the central belt with cold uppers pushing in, although on this run a shortwave feature develops to the north bringing a further snowfall risk here:

13011421_1318.gif

Could we say the 18z is a tiny upgrade?

Posted

Could we say the 18z is a tiny upgrade?

On the ground it'd be quite a significant upgrade, and Tuesday looks very promising too:

13011515_1318.gif

13011512_1318.gif

13011509_1318.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Friday looks good for the west on the 18z GFS but Friday is a long way away and no doubt will change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Looking good for the Borders, Perthshire, Dundee, north Fife, Angus and anywhere with a bit of higher ground tomorrow morning:

13011409_2_1318.gif

13011412_2_1318.gif

13011418_2_1318.gif

Where it stall it will be very intense, and prolonged, with perhaps 20cm of precipitation in a 6 hour period, so if the uppers hold this could give really significant snowfall totals. Currently the sweet spot is about eastern Edinburgh-East Lothian-Lauder-Berwick, but that could change.

I'm not happy told everyone nae chance of snow tomorrow lol

back on the snow train next stop east coast

edit nae idea what i typed but it was not what showed...must of been swear words changed by filter

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

13011409_2_1318.gif

13011412_2_1318.gif

13011418_2_1318.gif

If Only LS - that would be amazing- except DH may be stranded and i wont get to my evening meeting (what a shame!) Eyes will be strained tmrw with all the chart updates and looking out the office window. Look forward to you keeping me posted if all stays the same :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I know its an age away but dont think in my limited time of model watching have seen such cold air to the west....is this unusual or do i just spend to much time looking east normally in winter.... can anyone shed light?

ECM0-192.GIF?13-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just had to prize open a frozen bin lid so deffinetly dropped in temperature here. Let hope that east coast snow on the chart for tomorrow can come inland in Aberdeenshire a bit and give us at least a covering to make the place look more wintery.

Ravelin

Posted

NMM better looking too, has sleet and snow for many from the first band where earlier it was mostly rain (post-9298-0-56105000-1358117128_thumb.pn) while it also gives some significant snowfall potential from two bands, one around 6pm affecting areas further west and a second at 9pm with a similar trajectory to the 23rd December 2009 snowfall. This is then followed by more snow for Dundee, Fife and the Lothians in particular in the early hours of Tuesday.

If you want to see the phenomenon that's causing this sudden upgrade look at the radar: a dry, frosty evening which no model picked up on beforehand.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

it also gives some significant snowfall potential from two bands, one around 6pm affecting areas further west and a second at 9pm with a similar trajectory to the 23rd December 2009 snowfall.

I find that pleasantly surprising!

Posted

Well its just below 0 now but all we've had is an icing sugar dusting earlier in the day. Lookinga t the charts due to start snowing properly around 3am... but don't quite believe it!