Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all,

Quite wet out there! 3.2c. Chances of convective snow for the east coast (of Scotland!) looking reduced this morning - wouldn't be surprised to see the warnings for tomorrow and Wednesday removed come lunchtime.

Never mind, let's see what this evening brings! :-)

Posted

Fars the snaw?

Its winter after aw,

I hiv ma beets on,

Wolly mits an a,

So come on wither,

fars the effin snaw?

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Latest BBC forecast is pretty uninspiring for here. Snow risk for later today is pretty much gone and little more than a few flurries on Tues and Wed. Currently light rain. As usual the reality, despite the models a few days ago, has been sadly predictable.

I am more disappointed that the intense cold has not materialised. Not been a hard frost yet and daytimes are 1-2c and 4c today hardly inspiring. I think my snow chances this week are gone. Will have to wait till next weekend. I am not going to get excited as I have been disappointed at least 3 times this winter with the 5-10 day forecasts.

Posted

Moderate to heavy snow now and accumulating at quite a rate. There was no lying snow at 7am and now everything is white (including the roads).

Posted

Fars the snaw?

Its winter after aw,

I hiv ma beets on,

Wolly mits an a,

So come on wither,

fars the effin snaw?

Canna be far awa noo Kerwin, the rate it's accumulating here is impressive as Ravelin and Howham says, about 2"/4cm in the last hour! at 4:30am it was still freezing but very foggy, and it didn't start until an hour ago.. weird but pretty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Disappointing today's Snow forecast has downgrade along with Tuesday its seems down south are geting all the snow sad.png Friday/Sat looks promising but no getting my hopes up.

Edited by Allyw12

Posted

Colder weather moving in today. It's interesting if you watch how quick the band of rain sleet and snow that moved through last night has now hit a brick wall. If you look at the met office radar and play 7am then 7.30am you will see the 2 different area masses meeting in the north east of Scotland. The temperature for me has been dropping steadily for the last 2 hours - from 2.9c to 1.1c/0.4c. The cold spell is just beginning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Cold air in west lothian this morning clear skies. Glad Aberdeen and shires getting snaw, did not like the idea of becoming a complete jinx!

00z models maintain the cold theme, UKMO pick of the bunch, with hints of ECM on board, just need the yank to join in the undercut and easterly fun !

Posted

Well the front has cleared here as quick as it came, radar is showing some purple/blue echoes over Ellon so they must be in for some too? - wonder if it will stall over Aberdeen when it hits whatever that is that's been sitting there for the last few hours

it came at just the wrong time for school buses/rush hour, was falling so fast that there are now reports of lots of stranded vehicles and school buses having to turn back

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/closures/default.aspx

Cold air in west lothian this morning clear skies. Glad Aberdeen and shires getting snaw, did not like the idea of becoming a complete jinx!

00z models maintain the cold theme, UKMO pick of the bunch, with hints of ECM on board, just need the yank to join in the undercut and easterly fun !

it's cos you left and took your mobile shield with you! )

Posted

well the snow is lying on the ground and roads here in aberdeen city and those out banchory direction are getting plastered with white stuff according to one of the guys in my work who travels in from there!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry, cool and sunny

That is the snow stopped here. We had a good 5 - 6 cms fall in about two hours. Still very overcast.