Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looking across at senghenydd mountain - starting to dissappear with Snow I think - here we go winter has finally arrived in Pontypridd after having all these Noah's Ark type floods - AMAZING - and the next 4 - 5 weeks will see further nasty bouts of snow - blizzards and general ice and cold nastiness - until we all think we moved up to the artic and turned into lickle eskimos - AMAZING - so my predictions are coming true considering I was warning about this - oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh about 1 and a half to two weeks ago - I must have a crystal ball or something - maybe I could take over Derek's job or even Carol Kirkward's - Think I'd look nice in a skirt LOL

EDIT HERE COMES THE SNOW AGAIN - FALLING INTO MY BACKYARD - WELL FOOTBALL PITCH OF A BACKYARD - HERE WE GO FOLKS - SNOWING IN PONTYPRIDD - IT'S OFFICIAL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 2 - I'LL BE BACK ONCE THE SNOW GETS UP TO THE WINDOW SILL - BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Back in Cardiff now. Just a few sleety flakes here this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Temp down to 3C from 5C with heavier rain/sleet here in Cardiff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

1.0c snow. smiliz39.gifyahoo.gif

Posted

just started to snow here 4 miles from hay on wye 2 miles from glasbury on wye. large flakes turning to rain , 38 minutes from when mike o carroll posted it in llandrindod wells . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

The sudden temp decline has halted at 1.0c. If only it went a bit lower:P Gonna be icy out there tonight thats for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Had just written a whole post but closed the window by mistake mega_shok.gif

Yes the NAE 12z does weaken the precipitation signal, but an initial period of sleet/snow looks likely away from far W/SW coasts.

The lack of precipitation is one of the problems, i also believe another is the surface flow ahead of the front from the SW, mainly impacting the S/SW of our area causing an increase of dew points/temperatures.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Met Office warnings pulled westward into Wales for snow, but we will need to see how further runs handle precipitation amounts, timing of the frontal system, etc.

Posted

More sleet /snow pushing north out of Devon now could give a dusting over some parts of S East Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Afternoon, latest NAE suggests much weaker precip but colder so its a mixture, doesn't have much support from GFS or UKMO regarding weaker precip but it is a higher res model so must be noted. Monday night looks interesting to me as well and GFS 12z is a stunner, prolonging the cold with trough disruption and this would certainly give us some snowy days in Wales.

Posted

I find it amazing how people think that you can say i have 2cm by Tuesday night or 5cms by Wednesday how the hell can tell precipitation amounts 2 days in advance.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Temp down to 0.5C here in Cardiff, light rain starting to get dark now, so an expected temp drop should happen hopefully allowing it snow!

Posted

would that not be rain/sleet mix though??

As it stands, it's waaaaayyyy out in FI and is most likely never going to be that intense when/if it hits so if a more watered down version did make it, I would expect it to fall as snow, especially with the upper temps that we have. For that chart, we are under -8

Just taken from the model thread, for the next day: http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=153061

Edited by Daniel Miller

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

gfsnh-0-168.png?12

A message to all: Holy Sh*tballs. Dat GFS

That would bring heavy snow showers, but it's a long way off !!!

Posted

Snowing fairly heavily here - biggish flakes and sticking on car, grass etc (Tredegar 330m) :-D

Had just written a whole post but closed the window by mistake mega_shok.gif

Yes the NAE 12z does weaken the precipitation signal, but an initial period of sleet/snow looks likely away from far W/SW coasts.

The lack of precipitation is one of the problems, i also believe another is the surface flow ahead of the front from the SW, mainly impacting the S/SW of our area causing an increase of dew points/temperatures.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Met Office warnings pulled westward into Wales for snow, but we will need to see how further runs handle precipitation amounts, timing of the frontal system, etc.

Dewpoints, Temperatures and Thicknesses are lower on this 12Hz run NAE run compared to the 06Hz run. Generally by around 1c. As a result the Rain Snow line is further SW

However in contrast, the GFS and NMM massively increases the warm sector, and precipitation shortage not really an issue.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

If you are not following the model thread, i will post this here for you guys and gals.

These are the short ensembles for my area (Cardiff) im happy with 100% chance for snowfall lol!

post-17320-0-57495000-1358011889_thumb.g

Edited by Panayiotis