Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Simon Keeling (Weatherschool) now tweeting Eastward shift on the charts now means Monday's event mostly rain in the west.... did not stipulate how far west etc.

http://www.weatherwe...irlamukpr42.gif

JK

I had a further read and there are people saying the eastward shift is good for us in the west - this model reading is fun - all interpretation, location - loves it.

Cold week coming up and little sign of it ending and hope that Andymusic's foot of snow end of week comes to fruition.

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted

GFS from last Sunday almost spot on for this Sunday!

Last Sunday output:post-2595-0-69459100-1358031731_thumb.pn

And actual: post-2595-0-71605700-1358031799_thumb.pn

For those who say the models 'have not got a clue'

yes but what did they say inbetween, lets be honest they been everywhere and with everything they have thrown out one of them was bound to match another.

looks like we going to get a nice sunny day today and sky news just showed snow north east wales and very far east wales but not getting down to the far south,it also showed some snow for far west wales but looked like showers.

Edited by welshwizard

Posted

Snowing in Belfast a good start to the day as far as Wales prospects are concerned.

That is good news Keith.

The 'projected' snow accumulations for the end of the week show us in a good light compared to some of the UK as well..... interesting.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75523-winter-model-discussion-120113-06z-onwards/page__st__700

JK

Posted

just had a look on rain radar and it looks like snow may start to be seen in north wales in the next hr, anyway we off out to rugby and its nice to say it be dry for a change.cracking day for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

morning all. Well it got down to minus 2.6 last night here which is low for us. Interesting to see on the met office overview for today they have actually gone so far as to say snow for the pembs coastal park before dusk today. very unusual

woody

Posted

morning all. Well it got down to minus 2.6 last night here which is low for us. Interesting to see on the met office overview for today they have actually gone so far as to say snow for the pembs coastal park before dusk today. very unusual

woody

I saw sky news and they have shown snow for far west. and far east as well,main band in the east but 2 blobs in west ha ha,good luck hope everyone be happy. Edited by welshwizard

Posted

just had a look on rain radar and it looks like snow may start to be seen in north wales in the next hr, anyway we off out to rugby and its nice to say it be dry for a change.cracking day for it.

Nothing in nw wales at the moment allthough v cold and leadend clouds above.

Precipitation shows to be overhead but nothing falling.

Posted

Nothing in nw wales at the moment allthough v cold and leadend clouds above.

Precipitation shows to be overhead but nothing falling.

fingers crossed it start soon,to me looking at Radar it seems to be coming south as it hits the cold air it seems to be coming more west and I think (probs not right) that west wales could have it over them later in the day. have a look guys on rain radar and it does seem to be coming our way into wales certainly more than they showed on tv early this morn.

Posted

Matt Hugo just tweeted snow area not including Wales today and tomorrow Wales and Ireland only going to be rain/sleet.

New this would not happen for us, just hope there is a shift to allow this not to be the case.

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted

That is good news Keith.

The 'projected' snow accumulations for the end of the week show us in a good light compared to some of the UK as well..... interesting.

http://forum.netweat...s/page__st__700

JK

We should see light snow tonight turning back to rain as the warm sector moves through then turning back to snow as cold front moves through ,then snow streamers around Tuesday ,then drying up as HP moves south Wednesday/Thursday Bloody cold though with -10 over rural spots with hopefully snow cover . Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Not even gonna look at next week,were supposed to have snow this week,they are saying snow next week,then by next week it will be rain,finding it really difficult to understand what went wrong. It is freezing outside,I suppose that's better than the mild mush of late

Posted

not that this really affect us but met warning upgrade http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted

Not even gonna look at next week,were supposed to have snow this week,they are saying snow next week,then by next week it will be rain,finding it really difficult to understand what went wrong. It is freezing outside,I suppose that's better than the mild mush of late

I suppose it is good to get the cold over us and hope we get some surprises. We might get trough development which can throw up these surprises and if it is cold it will most certainly fall as snow and stick around. Long range cold looking good but we need the precipitation to get the white gold!

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Hello and morning to you...

Right so here we go...rain or snow..what will it be...we can only wait and see, my gut is telling me snow....

If there isn't snow then there isn't, but eventually we will win! haha

Edited by Snowmadsam

Posted

Hello and morning to you...

Right so here we go...rain or snow..what will it be...we can only wait and see, my gut is telling me snow....

If there isn't snow then there isn't, but eventually we will win! haha

i don't mind waiting if we will win eventually,but its really painful,after all people were saying last week the best charts ever,we were gonna get a dumping,and here we are,still fingers crossed here's to eventually,hope she's worth it!

Posted

bbc weather forecast just said rain for most of wales tomorrow sorry.gif

It's actually really funny, some of the BBC forecasts show rain when in real life they were snow, an example:- November 2005 was a forecasted rain event, just wait and see :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Well it's gotta be some of the coldest rain ever if it is rain rather than snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

not that this really affect us but met warning upgrade http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

It does affect us. Wales is not part of the alert. Must be a Health Protection Agency thing that Public Health Wales haver signed up to.

I think you can take it as read that we will be affected by very cold weather too

Posted

Now snowing in Isle of Man ,Concerning rain tomorrow across the west UK remember 2010 the Met are more concerned about what"s happening around London and the S East because they are based there,so remember that forecasts in western UK will be vague .I remember weather warnings flying out for central and eastern nothing until later on for Wales ,the only met man to watch is ian fergesson forget the rest he"s based in S West.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

BBC weather showing some snow patches on monday evening..just as a pembs dangler may form as the wind direction is NNW, west wales COULD see something tomorrow.....

VERY light snow evident in South west Wales on the radar....clapping.gif

Edited by Snowmadsam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

BBC weather showing some snow patches on monday evening..just as a pembs dangler may form as the wind direction is NNW, west wales COULD see something tomorrow.....

VERY light snow evident in South west Wales on the radar....clapping.gif

Yes can confirm flurries in my area, scattered at the moment as it is only scattered precip ahead of this evenings front but its definately snow. Cant see any snow here tomorrow but potential for some off the N/Nwly later on tomorrow into tuesday