Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 12th January 2013>

Jane Louise

Are signatures showing up for anyone else?

As all will be aware, the forum is rather busy at the moment, and as a result extra such as signatures have been turned off to reduce strain on the servers and hopefully keep the forum running smoothly.

Posted

No they aren't for me either.... I modified mine a couple of days ago and it's not showing

Actually - after posting this mine is showing! Doh! Sorry... Have you checked your settings?

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm on my iPod, so consequently on the mobile site?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

I think Cornwall needs its own regional thread.

Somewhere where us( haven't got a chance of snow in a million years club ) can drown our sorrows

Time for me to close my laptop and pretend none of this cold spell is happening.

I bet it won't just be the "West of the Tamar" folk who miss out.

But, there will probably be "The No Snow Club" to join, where the snowless can drown their sorrows together.

I bet there will be quite a few members. We are all in it together at the moment (where have I heard that recently?!) and there might be some sort of consolation in being the longest serving member? An award or something, letters after one's name?smile.png

Posted

Rain on radar moving north, wonder if this may turn to snow

Posted

I think Cornwall needs its own regional thread.

Somewhere where us( haven't got a chance of snow in a million years club ) can drown our sorrows

Time for me to close my laptop and pretend none of this cold spell is happening.

There's always here if you feel like a bit of a rage! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ok peeps every now and there are snow flakes blowing in the ray. Along with some sleet and rain. They were right... Wintry mix! It is very sporadic mind...

Posted

Yeah occasionally a big blob catches your eye.... No as I write more ones looking white ....and it could be just that I am just standing withouty coat it feeks colder..

Taking more clothes off won't make it snow! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

I gotta admit i'm losing hop on Monday now with met office warnings affording us. Everything just seems to far east and with Temps of 6c won't get you anywhere. Good chance of a covering in the morning before a slush fest (wet snow at best) Central + Eastern event all over it...

Posted

As all will be aware, the forum is rather busy at the moment, and as a result extra such as signatures have been turned off to reduce strain on the servers and hopefully keep the forum running smoothly.

Oh okay, thanks :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Taking more clothes off won't make it snow! rofl.gif

.... Really? I thought we all had to do that as part of a snow dance? :-D

Posted

Yeah occasionally a big blob catches your eye.... No as I write more ones looking white ....and it could be just that I am just standing withouty coat it feeks colder..

The same with me, although no snow mixed in, as you say... Will have to have a check of the temp, may help clear up my confusion!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

#uksnowmap - snow in RG and GU postcodes and right across north Kent.

4.2C and DP 3.8. 16mm of rain so far today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ok peeps every now and there are snow flakes blowing in the ray. Along with some sleet and rain. They were right... Wintry mix! It is very sporadic mind...

CONFIRMED. A snow day in Central Southern england. g010.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Are signatures showing up for anyone else?

No they aren't for me either.... I modified mine a couple of days ago and it's not showing

The member’s locations have been temporarily switched off to save resources on the servers if you haven’t already done so please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

Posted

I gotta admit i'm losing hop on Monday now with met office warnings affording us. Everything just seems to far east and with Temps of 6c won't get you anywhere. Good chance of a covering in the morning before a slush fest (wet snow at best) Central + Eastern event all over it...

This event monday reminds me of the event back in febuary were the east kept snow while it slowly turned to sleet and rain in are region.

But don't write it off yet could get short term upgrades or downgrades.

Posted

I sort of am aswell, but what you've got to remember is that there is plenty of time for change! :D

The member’s locations have been temporarily switched off to save resources on the servers if you haven’t already done so please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

I'm not sure the signatures are even showing up though are they?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Down to an AT of 2.7c now, the odd sleety flake blowing in the wind.

DP 1.9c and the wind has backed towards the ENE now.

NEWBURY, BERKSHIRE

Posted

This event monday reminds me of the event back in febuary were the east kept snow while it slowly turned to sleet and rain in are region.

But don't write it off yet could get short term upgrades or downgrades.

If I'm remembering the right event, the met got it completely wrong for me, even at about an hour out, just emphasising how much it can change! They forecasted cloud for me all day, and it turned out to be snow nearly all day (none of it settled, but that's not the point) :D

Posted

If I'm remembering the right event, the met got it completely wrong for me, even at about an hour out, just emphasising how much it can change! They forecasted cloud for me all day, and it turned out to be snow nearly all day (none of it settled, but that's not the point) biggrin.png

Yes exactly same for here it lasted alot longer and had a good 3-4cm before it turned to rain so im hopeing for the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

I sort of am aswell, but what you've got to remember is that there is plenty of time for change! biggrin.png

I'm not sure the signatures are even showing up though are they?

One positive i guess is there still a chance of 5cm on Mendips tomorrow night however no warnings out for it (yet)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A look through the model output this morning and we have another, potentially more encouraging event, Monday night into Tuesday. After the rain/snow clears away Monday, we will have a dry period, then later on, as the FAX chart shows below;

post-12721-0-02404500-1357997420_thumb.j

There is a wrap around occlusion sat to the NW of Scotland, south of Iceland at this timeframe. As the main band of PPN clears to the SE, colder air starts to dig back west as shown by the models below;

post-12721-0-68357500-1357997691_thumb.jpost-12721-0-93975500-1357997709_thumb.j

post-12721-0-78739100-1357997736_thumb.jpost-12721-0-53024300-1357997745_thumb.j

This could provide a period of moderately heavy snowfall for us all. The UKMO would produce some significant snowfall, the GFS makes a little less of the feature but still would give this;

post-12721-0-21668800-1357997836_thumb.jpost-12721-0-65627300-1357997844_thumb.j

With this possible event, there is a much larger margin for error currently as the cold air is well embedded by then.

This could be our one to watch if Mondays event doesn't come up trumps. Plenty of good potential next week.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Down to an AT of 2.7c now, the odd sleety flake blowing in the wind.

DP 1.9c and the wind has backed towards the ENE now.

NEWBURY, BERKSHIRE

The Weather outlook..." The answer my friend is blowing in the wind"

Posted

Currently overcast here in Stroud, 5.2c humidity is down to 68 and falling DP -0.2c.

Would/could sleet/snow fall with a DP below 0 even though the temp is 5+? Sorry if this is a silly question I'm still learning

Thanks

Posted

Rain on radar moving north, wonder if this may turn to snow