Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 12th January 2013>

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Excellent, the more this lot increases in intensity, I believ the more mixing will go on and there will be a higher probability of SNOW for more of us.

Yeah definitely. If the intensity of these showers is still good along with the cold air undercutting, it should be enough to pull the isotherm down in those showers and produce snow.

Posted

These situations are always so knife edge. Would love to see some decent snow fall but will have to wait and see. METO showing it a possibility on Monday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Define BANES please.

Battleground areas North, East and South maybe? cc_confused.gif

BANES = Bath and north east somerset. kind of this area and towards bath which is all fairly elevated above 100m

The ppn just seems to not want to move northwards much at all and although temp is falling slowly I'm not sure we will have the ppn here when colder air is in place.

Temperature is falling though 2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Totally agree i've had nearly 40mm of rain so far today, with plenty more to come, far far more than any model predicted and a warning should have been put in place for it imho at 11.00 as it fairly obvious it was far more intense than they thought.

Holy poo, that is not good news with regard to flooding concerns. help.gif

I bet you're rubbing your hands though, at the prospects from the afternoon runs, aye Iceberg. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

BANES = Bath and north east somerset.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif Not quite what I suggested then.

2.2c now in Newbury, game on! good.gif

Posted

The amount of rain we have had has been ridiculous, if this was snow we would be digging outselves out of our front doors.

Sorry on phone and my nails are too long for the keys lol

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Holy poo, that is not good news with regard to flooding concerns. help.gif

I bet you're rubbing your hands at the prospects from the afternoon runs, aye Iceberg. drinks.gif

Yes, trying not to get too excited, rain is starting to become a problem now.....(wish it were snow though, but does show how much precip you can get from one of these slider lows for later in the week.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Don't know about buying sledge, If freezes tonlght could do with pair ice skates, Anyone got recording of Bolero, Bit of Torvill & Dean should entertain the sheep

Posted

The amount of rain we have had has been ridiculous, if this was snow we would be digging outselves out of our front doors.

It will be next week Daisy, you told your colleagues it would be don't forget!

I think there is every chance as this is going to be a prolonged period of cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Temperature- 4.3c here in East Oxford. Just bits and pieces of rain here, now and then. Perhaps it will turn sleety as the afternoon wears on..... Was a sleety mix at 2am here as the precipitation moved in, though we are quite hilly compared to the central oxford area...

Posted

Yes, trying not to get too excited, rain is starting to become a problem now.....(wish it were snow though, but does show how much precip you can get from one of these slider lows for later in the week.)

Indeed and that is why I am almost at the point of RAMPING myself. Time will tell of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

It does feel bitter out there... 4.3c and steadily falling. Not bad for west devon! Think the eluavation helps... Plenty of rain though.

P.S Princetown, Devon 369m asl

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

It will be next week Daisy, you told your colleagues it would be don't forget!

I think there is every chance as this is going to be a prolonged period of cold.

They are all giving me hell atm. She who laughs last laughs longest... so c'mon snow show your face

Posted

Temperature- 4.3c here in East Oxford. Just bits and pieces of rain here, now and then. Perhaps it will turn sleety as the afternoon wears on..... Was a sleety mix at 2am here as the precipitation moved in, though we are quite hilly compared to the central oxford area...

Intriguingly 30 miles south of you, I'm at 2.2c, so clearly those under the precipitation band need to get it to increase in intensity.

Complicated stuff, this weather malarkey.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

It's 3.5c in Petersfield in East Hampshire. Stopped raining now and feeling a little colder but nothing to write home about yet! I was supposed to be playing golf at 8am Sunday morning but have cried off because I think it will feel raw out there with a day time max of 2c (feeling like -4c). Worried about ice as well in terms of driving so will stay glued to the weather on here instead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I am wondering now if that ppn just manages to reach me it might be cold enough with evaporative cooling to fall as snow now 2.5c with drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Intriguingly 30 miles south of you, I'm at 2.2c, so clearly those under the precipitation band need to get it to increase in intensity.

Complicated stuff, this weather malarkey.

. GTLTW looking southish out of the window seems to be a lot darker than anywhere else. Wonder of this has some hail in it. ...?