Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

met office for here is still showing snow, light in the early hours and then heavier tomorrow afternoon. That was updated at 8pm but have only just noticed it. So I presume this is just a starter with the rest still to come (whether that be snow, sleet or rain) tomorrow?

Posted

a few more reports seem to be appearing in the midlands thread. Some saying light/dandruff snow and some saying moderate and sticking so awaiting with baited breath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Crystal clear skies here, stars very bright as the air is so dry. Current temp is -2.3C and is dropping slowly. There is next to no ice forming, shows just how dry the air is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

met office for here is still showing snow, light in the early hours and then heavier tomorrow afternoon. That was updated at 8pm but have only just noticed it. So I presume this is just a starter with the rest still to come (whether that be snow, sleet or rain) tomorrow?

It was snowing hard the last time I passed through Radlett, HinH...Boxing Day 1962!good.gif

Posted

It was snowing hard the last time I passed through Radlett, HinH...Boxing Day 1962!good.gif

Last snow here just before christmas I was stuck in Stevenage, not so much due to the snow but due to the snow causing gridlock and got to Radlett 2 hours late for work and hardly anything there. Hoping they will get more this time round so we can get the kids in the school I work in out in it :)

Posted

Everyone here looking at that pathetic band over the mids is anything to shout about its not lol. Hopefully after we've all been sleep things will look a bit more interesting.

Edited by SnowTornado

is the event over sad.png omg no snow in wycombe

Erm, it's not even meant to have started in Wycombe yet? Tomorrow is the main event.. The question is whether in places like Aylesbury, Wycombe, etc, that it'll fall as rain/sleet/snow... Which is why I'm patiently waiting for the latest NAE!

Currently not great with dewpoints looking higher at 3am..

Edited by mituozo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice and Sunshine

You are still under the snow on the radar hopefully will reach the ground soon. Has passed over me now cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Erm, it's not even meant to have started in Wycombe yet? Tomorrow is the main event.. The question is whether in places like Aylesbury, Wycombe, etc, that it'll fall as rain/sleet/snow... Which is why I'm patiently waiting for the latest NAE!

Currently not great with dewpoints looking higher at 3am..

It was supposed to be Saturday, then changed to today, then overnight tonight then tomorrow ....... Ive heard it may now be Tuesday, lol ........ C'mon!

Edited by > mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Last snow here just before christmas I was stuck in Stevenage, not so much due to the snow but due to the snow causing gridlock and got to Radlett 2 hours late for work and hardly anything there. Hoping they will get more this time round so we can get the kids in the school I work in out in it smile.png

What school do the kids go to? Mine are at Fairfield in Radlett? I dont think the issue is getting them in, i think it will be picking them up.....

It was supposed to be Saturday, then changed to today, then overnight tonight then tomorrow ....... now Tuesday, lol ........ C'mon!

The first front (the one coming over tonight) has been forecasted as being weak for ages, and to fizzle out over us. The front coming over tomorrow was always forecasted to be more intense.

The main precip is likely to start in our neck of the woods tomorrow afternoon, and continue into the night depending on how fast the front moves, etc..

Anything then during the week is likely to be showery, before more potential on Friday, but that's too far away to even begin to think about right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Now we've cleared things up this about the blobby stuff and all found out about Anomalous propagation I think I'm going to go back to watching DOI - I'll be back before bedtime to see if we need a new thread for tomorrow !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

The PPN on the radar keeps fizzling out before anything gets over this area....

Posted

met office said there was meant to be snow now and there is none so there wont be any typical

I remember you from last winter, you was negative then!!

Posted

I think this is looking better from the NAE.

13011406_1318.gif

Two things of note for me from that

1) The energy in the thames estuary seems to join with the frontal energy (the stuff in the thames was actually there, but a little further east on the 12z, we all missed it!)

2) The precip in general looks a little better in terms of intensity to our west....this ties in nicely with thoughts I have of the front reaching the north sea, and throwing a pulse of energy S through the system. First subtle signs of that with the precip to the N of east anglia on the radar at present, though still a long way to go!

Im going to have to bid everyone a fond farewell shortly as i've been struck down with a pretty serious case of man flu...if I make it through the night, I will see you all tomorrow.

Good luck to all!

SK

Posted

I rather like the look of the PPN tomorrow midday onwards. What happens between then and say 9pm could be interesting if of course were lucky and its snow rather than rain.