Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

For me the 18z is another downgrade. the band isnt as heavy over the Central and East Midlands and doesn't even make it as far as Lincoln. Another 50 miles West in the shift and its game over for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

For me the 18z is another downgrade. the band isnt as heavy over the Central and East Midlands and doesn't even make it as far as Lincoln. Another 50 miles West in the shift and its game over for me.

But you know Andy that the models can be wrong by miles, right up to the last minute!

Chin up chap - I've got a good feeling about this one :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

There are more runs to come yet that could shift either way. A few weeks ago we would have been in heaven at the thought it might even snow! I'm keeping the faith..

Posted

NAE just about offers the 2-5cms for leics. Gfs is further west with the precip though. The 18z no gaps is even worse than that. Overall its the trend that's worrying and that over last couple of runs has been to move it south west if its continued even more people will miss out. Personally it was ideal if it stalled somewer just shy of the east coast that way the entire UK would av been blanketed.

Posted

This sort of situation will obviously always favour the west

Your more common situation for snow seems the favour the east, as that's where the cold comes from! This is finally looking amazing here and I don't care if down the road has more aslong as we have lots! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

NAE just about offers the 2-5cms for leics. Gfs is further west with the precip though. The 18z no gaps is even worse than that. Overall its the trend that's worrying and that over last couple of runs has been to move it south west if its continued even more people will miss out. Personally it was ideal if it stalled somewer just shy of the east coast that way the entire UK would av been blanketed.

Really is looking like front could stall abit futher west if the next runs in the morning show the westwards movement i think we all should be worried i do rekon the models are just comming to grips to how strong this cold block is

Posted

Really is looking like front could stall abit futher west if the next runs in the morning show the westwards movement i think we all should be worried i do rekon the models are just comming to grips to how strong this cold block is

When you say models where are these ? I am desperate here. If I don't get any snow I will be swinging from a lamppost never mind watching them all night.

Posted

Things can change . Dont forgot its still a day away from the event . Best bet it to wait until 6pm tommorow .

Posted

To be honest, I wasn't even expecting another front so quickly after Monday (which we did pretty well out of - despite the back edge rain, most on grass/roofs remains here) so anything we do get here will be a great bonus. I'm certainly not pessimistic for once :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Right if you want a little break from the worrying and want a weather related laugh... check out our forecast uplaoded for the South West Region tonight uploaded on the BBC Weather website here!

Not only is it a forecast for the Channel Islands Instead, it shows David Braine, our legendary forecaster, preparing for his forecast, whistling as he enters the set, putting his mic on, sorting his jacket out then watch the end too as you get to see him walk off with a little 'RIGHT' mentioned too though nothing bad when I say that!

Just a completely unedited forecast which shows the behind the scenes a bit! It would also seem I can only have a TV forecast for Jersey etc now. laugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640413

laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Think ill leave this for tonight then come on tommorow evening, dont want to get this mixed up with important things but it keeps distracting me!

good idea, prepare for the doommongers latching onto any hope it wont snow!

Posted

Netweather forecast tomorrow has light showers in the early hours tomorrow? anyone explain?

Posted

A bit of fun where's the best place to go sledging in west mids ?

has to be the lickey hills!

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

A bit of fun where's the best place to go sledging in west mids ?

Sedgley Beacon good.gif or clee hill

Posted

Or Clee Hill near Ludlow

didn't think of clee hill to be honest

beast of a hill

Posted

East & West Midlands kept separate (62 votes [56.88%])

One Midlands thread (47 votes [43.12%])

Split threads it is then!

post-13544-0-78649700-1358377470.gif

Bish