Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

5-10 a little optimistic, just looks light and patchy, may just manage 2cms if we are lucky

its not out of possibility though, we know things can change don't we! i reckon in the western parts of the midlands 2-5cm is definitely possible still.

Posted

Light snow here (Ludlow area), and a slight covering from overnight. Seems to have gotten a bit heavier in the last 10 minutes, and radar shows precipitation beefing up! Maybe the snow will come early? Temp currently -2.0C.

Posted

NAE better for the Midlands - First shift eas after 3 NAE runs.

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

But it is very light for those of us north and east of Birmingham, a little bit further north east would be nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah still mainly light, I mean bbc still gives us snow, just light, still I think I am too far East in this region for decent falls, I would say I'm NE of this region

Posted

The latest NAE looks pretty good IMBY (Worcs) and generally good for the majoirty of the W Mids I'd say!

Keep the faith...

Posted

Still decent possibilities for the region away from North Shrops and North/Mid Staffs, although probably mainly light snow for much of the day, based on current projections although obviously the trend is likely to be to take it further SW as the todays models go on.

Posted

Still decent possibilities for the region away from North Shrops and North/Mid Staffs, although probably mainly light snow for much of the day, based on current projections although obviously the trend is likely to be to take it further SW as the todays models go on.

Yeah we are too far NE, will be SW of this region likely to get it, 12Z fearing a misery, we will not see even a flurry

Posted

Why more likely to go further SW ?

Posted

Nice dusting of snow this morning, keep watch of the snow over Wales later, it will fragment as the day goes but as tommorows front brews it will get pushed north east later this afternoon.

As for tommorow...radar watch.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Easing off a bit now,just the odd flake swirling about- but we have managed snow lying at 0900 for only the 4th time since the end of Dec 10 :-)

A nice start to what could be a good couple of days...

Looking at the radar most of Wales is covered in precip, and with the wind direction we could be getting this light snow for some time.

Posted

still very light snow falling here, this coming event really reminds me of 13th Jan 2010, the front was forecast to stay to the west of me, and I ended up with moderate snow all day and around 8cms, but not expecting that tomorrow

Posted

Why more likely to go further SW ?

The models are picking up on this little low forming in the Irish Sea, as that meets the block to the Eat it can’t go any further East, so pivots and you get the wrap around of the system heading back S and W.

I recall a similar situation in the mid-eighties, low pressure was expected to track across the far South and bring snow to CSE and then the South East. ITN even posted a reporter to stay outside in Central London all night to wait for the chaos to ensue. But it never came, the system pivoted and NI-Wales-Bristol copped it.