Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

East & West Midlands kept separate (62 votes [56.88%])

One Midlands thread (47 votes [43.12%])

Split threads it is then!

post-13544-0-78649700-1358377470.gif

Bish

pah, frustrating! oh, and gravelly hill, great views of the lovely motorways of the midlands :p

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think eventually the westward shift will see Birmingham as the east/west difference. Even here the front will weaken. Could end up being a non event here again. I'd put that at 50-50 split right now. Expect more west corrections tommorrow.

Posted

I think eventually the westward shift will see Birmingham as the east/west difference. Even here the front will weaken. Could end up being a non event here again. I'd put that at 50-50 split right now. Expect more west corrections tommorrow.

Yup have to agree although pains me to say as im 15 miles east of birmingham we really dont want anymore westward movements from now on

Posted

Cheers for the replys will have too see how bad it is might not be able to drive :) are we still getting anything from Monday's low ?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

Bbc and the met still showing heavy snow over all west mids for 6hrs on friday and light snow for sat but on net weather forecast showing hardly any ppn for eastetn parts of our region lets hope bbc nd met office are correct

Posted

time to get lampost watching met are now forecasting some light percipitation over night into the early morning...might have a dusting for thursday as a teaser...or maybe not

Posted

Bbc and the met still showing heavy snow over all west mids for 6hrs on friday and light snow for sat but on net weather forecast showing hardly any ppn for eastetn parts of our region lets hope bbc nd met office are correct

I also hope the bbc and met are right i see the mets update was 23.00 so thats whats keeping me interested.But im also worried by these shifts west which if they continue could well leave us with very little snow. This is only my opinion of course and based on my location (coventry)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I think there's sure going to be a lot of snowflake watching over the next few days, with a lot of teeth-chattering moments to go with it, especially in regards to how far East fronts to the West/South-West get. Please do not fail us snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

good morning fokes. So what chances for heavy snow on friday? From what ive been reading here there r downgrades? Can some1 tell me how acuret r the net weather's snow risk charts r? On there it has city and burra of brum 95percent snow today, tomorrow and 80percent for sat. Just a quicky guys as much as we all gona enjoy the snow and cold may we all take a min or 2 to look in on all of our elderly nabors and family.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Downgrade for friday on this mornings nae, south and westwards correction benefits Ireland but takes the heavier stuff away from the NW and mids. Still plenty of snow but unlikely to see mega amounts if nae is correct. Hope it changes.

West Midlands should still see its biggest snow of the year so far, about 5cm upto 10cm as a ruff guide, but as the front stalls and fizzes out there could still be some light snow Saturday and patchy snow Sunday. The fact that the front does not make progress new lessens the chance of less cold air pushing ne and so may help prolong wintery spell. The West Midlands therefore remains in a good spot for further spells of snow as fronts from the Sw push across us next week. Fingers crossed.

Posted

Hi hoghead, well it's snowing lightly in worcester now and it looks like a few more flurries are expected today.

Main band of snow will move in early hours of tomorrow and we should get around 9cm according to the nw forecasts.

Posted

Friday:

Windy with snow affecting all areas leading to some significant accumulations and the risk of disruption. Feeling bitterly cold in the wind. Maximum Temperature 0 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Further snow on Saturday, but becoming lighter and patchier. Sunday, mostly dry but cloudy after freezing fog lifts. More snow and strong winds on Monday. Cold and icy.

Issued at: 0400 on Thu 17 Jan 2013 For the west Midlands From the Met

#

Edited by At least it will be mild

Posted

Friday:

Windy with snow affecting all areas leading to some significant accumulations and the risk of disruption. Feeling bitterly cold in the wind. Maximum Temperature 0 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Further snow on Saturday, but becoming lighter and patchier. Sunday, mostly dry but cloudy after freezing fog lifts. More snow and strong winds on Monday. Cold and icy.

Issued at: 0400 on Thu 17 Jan 2013 For the west Midlands From the Met

#

This will be changed later according to what Matt Hugo has posted in other threads, the bulk of the PPN will remaining out West. As for Monday, any further systems look to miss the region, although there is no model consistency.

Posted

Let's hope things change but as usual big downgrades leave the west mids picking up the scraps leftover after other parts of the country have enjoyed the main course! Still at least shefali can stick to her usual 2-5cms on the forecast for tomorrow, I could see her visibly trembling at the prospect of having to say 15-20cms. Worcestershire looks best placed, still a chance of up to 10 cms here, malverns should do well plus western Cotswolds.

Posted

Let's hope things change but as usual big downgrades leave the west mids picking up the scraps leftover after other parts of the country have enjoyed the main course! Still at least shefali can stick to her usual 2-5cms on the forecast for tomorrow, I could see her visibly trembling at the prospect of having to say 15-20cms. Worcestershire looks best placed, still a chance of up to 10 cms here, malverns should do well plus western Cotswolds.

Be OK up on the Chase Gusty, wonder if the cafe will stay open

Posted

Think we're looking at 5-10cms here, whereas yesterday it was looking like 15cms at least, possibly more. Not too bad still but have worry it could yet downgrade further and we end up like the poor old NW this morning who are looking at next to nothing now.