Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Light snow shower here before 07.00. Temp. +0.2C/-0.3C. Lowest -0.8C overnight.

East Angus/Fife should be getting a dusting going by the radar.

Yep settled on our roads even here and now white - should imagine it will be very slippy out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Good morining, Oooo some snow here :)

Just looking at 00z is it me but is this low get delayed by 24hrs each run, as was thurs then Friday now Sat ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

An overnight fall has given us another covering but not to any depth. Looking quite misty and cold outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Mair pics of snaw.

Canny wait tae tear it up with the wintrac extremes.

wub.png

EDIT. obligatory addition. Just need another 0.5 m tae complete.

post-9421-0-81075600-1358237144_thumb.jp

post-9421-0-39002200-1358237167_thumb.jp

post-9421-0-57993800-1358237698_thumb.jp

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning. Nice to see that some up here already have snow. Nothing reached where I am yet but remaining optimistic! Popped into the model thread for a quick update and they are already at each others throats! Maybe because the snow prospects are better for the north now over the weekend? Anyway, too early to decipher as only in the middle of my first coffee!smile.png 0.4c/-0.3c/E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Morning. Nice to see that some up here already have snow. Nothing reached where I am yet but remaining optimistic! Popped into the model thread for a quick update and they are already at each others throats! Maybe because the snow prospects are better for the north now over the weekend? Anyway, too early to decipher as only in the middle of my first coffee!smile.png 0.4c/-0.3c/E

Yes, the most recent GFS is very much Scotland's run - almost as though it was hand-drawn by Alex Salmond himself!

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

Earlier snow now just sleet in St Andrews with no cover in the town. Still calling it a snow lying day for the half centimetre I awoke to in Crail!

Posted

Cold and clear here with a covering of frozen snow. Currently -1c, calm and expect frost to ly all day. Falling this morning now down to -3c at 9.45am

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Proverbial damp squib here in Leith. From an IMBY perspective would be happier if it just settled down to 2-3 days of cold, clear nights and frost, then hope for the best at the end of the week.

Posted

0.5c here and light heavy snaw which is sticking quickly. 'Tis awfy dark too.

Edited by Poots

Posted

Stuck on a bus heading into Aberdeen. Traffic is a nightmare. A wee dusting of snow overnight. Temp at 1c according to my phone.

Snow overnight even down in Kelso, only a thin covering but winter has arrived. Right, who is next on the list to get some snow...I can wait a while to get that 0.5m which SS is on about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

We had snaw overnight......... all 4 flakes, although it may have just been the flakes that landed up by Mondy and blew over in a gentle breeze.

Must figure out how to de-activate this snowshield Cheggers, am in the same boat as you.Bah Snowbug ! Going to make up for it by drooling over charts instead!

Magic to see heaps of pictures and some new snow lingo arriving on the board, I think we need a scale similar to the Beaufort scale to describe snow intensity. Will also get my 4 yr old in on the descriptions should some of this morning charts come off over the weekend.

LS - great work on the frontal synoptics, brilliant precision,testament to the fact that reading on here is as up to date as you will get anywhere online for Scotland snow chances.

Posted

Must figure out how to de-activate this snowshield Cheggers, am in the same boat as you.Bah Snowbug ! Going to make up for it by drooling over charts instead!

Magic to see heaps of pictures and some new snow lingo arriving on the board, I think we need a scale similar to the Beaufort scale to describe snow intensity. Will also get my 4 yr old in on the descriptions should some of this morning charts come off over the weekend.

LS - great work on the frontal synoptics, brilliant precision,testament to the fact that reading on here is as up to date as you will get anywhere online for Scotland snow chances.

Well is the charts currently verify, that storm coming in should kill it once and for all hopefully.

uksnowrisk.png

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Looks like there's been a wee top up of snow but hard to tell (still not very much on the ground mind) :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

A wee covering of snow here overnight, T 0.5C, D -0.6C

Edit: and now lightly snowing

Edited by Calum

Posted

Light fresh covering snow here this am, - freezing fog.. canna see ooot!!

Weather Station gone off again, but app thingy says -2C.. and I can confirm it's baltic.. time to catch up with next batch now that now-casting is done for up here, have a good one kilties