Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen! Although be quite the thing for a possible major snow event to go wrong!

gemnh-0-108.png?12

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

But no-one will be able to say anything with any high confidence about Saturday ... probably until Saturday !

...or possibly til Sunday :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

i would tend to agree, things seemed so certain for a lot of us to have some snow fun and at short range - and it all came to nothin very suddenly. but hey, thats the fun of the weather! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

A surprise snow shower at 0610hr when I left for work in Leven. It settled on all surfaces. The snow was heavier in Leven with big fluffy flakes. Depth on my board at 09hr, a mere 3mm.

We've had further, mainly light, snow showers throughout today with small snow pellets at times. Mind you, the snow started as rain in Buckhaven at 1045hr. There is noticeably more snow towards the east Neuk, and in the Wemyss and Kirkcaldy areas.

Edited by snow1975

Posted

Some of you have mentioned Feburary 1996? IF it's the event I think it was, it seemed if I remember to start off possibly with a flash of lightning/rumble of thunder. Eventually turned into a full scale major league blizzard (it was a saturday) Didn't seem to stop for hours on end!

There might have been a Saturday snowfall but the initial falls were mid-week as I was a 4th year secondary school pupil on work experience and both my 'workplace' and school were closed for a few days - a happy memory!

Posted

I'm totally confused. Much talk on other parts of the forum about fronts potentially not penetrating as far north-east as such northern outposts as Peterborough!

Posted

I'm totally confused. Much talk on other parts of the forum about fronts potentially not penetrating as far north-east as such northern outposts as Peterborough!

That's where most Londoners start getting altitude sickness.tease.gif

Radar had a wee blip over Falkirk but nothing fell from what I can see, bl00dy cold though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

We've all been stung this winter. None of us should be getting too excited ... yet !

Is it too early to get excited about the prospects for the snow starved ayrshire folk during fri - sunday..?

Posted

Sun tried to bravely shine through the Fog around 1:30pm this afternoon - advantage of height that I even saw this (village still shrouded!), but apart from that been a freezing fog day all day.. nothing to see here ... (literally!)

I've no idea what's happening up here this weekend and beyond have read so many different views that my heids deitered.. smile.png

PS: Hey Cheggars, BFT's random post of the day makes my wee adventure look tame eh tease.gif

Edited by Snooz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Basically...no one knows yet for sure if any snow would stall at Lands End or John O'Groats ! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

That's where most Londoners start getting altitude sickness.tease.gif

Radar had a wee blip over Falkirk but nothing fell from what I can see, bl00dy cold though.

A lamppost watch confirmed wee snaw fell for approx 10 mins. The snaw was that wee it looked like drizzle, so I guess it was snizzle pardon.gif

Posted

Almost a perfect winter dusk out there: calm, clear with not a cloud in the sky, a bright crescent moon and the temperature already below freezing - it's these sort of evening scenes that we all love winter for. Temperature at Aboyne already down to -6C and somewhere should go below -10C tonight. There might be some rain for the far western parts of the country with a band of rain making progress across Ireland. Got to say that I'm really excited about this weekend and the mention of March 2006 brings back fine memories - the biggest snowfall I can remember here with about a foot of snow on the ground. It's still all to play for but I can't help but feel that with this set-up, there could be many bites at the cherry for big snowfalls. If we maintain excellent charts for the weekend, then hopefully the Met office will upgrade their warnings and include Scotland - possibly, some parts of the UK could see a red warning. Looking beyond the weekend and we keep the cold surface and upper temperatures so next week should be a period to keep an eye on.

Posted

Sat image taken today showing a snowy Scotland,

aye, that just confirms the pain for some of us lol. great to see so many areas getting it. if i have no snow by monday my toys may make their first appearance of the year though.

Posted

Came home to find a thin cover of lying snow here following this afternoon's snow showers - so a first day with lying snow in over two years!

Where's that champagne?search.gif

Current temp -0.1c.

Edited by Hawesy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

This will make fine viewing on the Radar and Satellite. ECM Blob machine.

post-7292-0-35326600-1358274157_thumb.gipost-7292-0-24366200-1358274163_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Some very cold temperatures across Alba @6pm

Aboyne -7.1C

Aviemore -6.1C

Dyce -5.7C

Lossiemouth -3.4C

Loch Glascarnoch -3.3C

You missed fort SS.

-4.5 C and headin doon quick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Aboyne -7.1C

Aviemore -6.1C

Dyce -5.7C

Lossiemouth -3.4C

Loch Glascarnoch -3.3C

and Inbhir Nis ;)

-4'C, cold start to the evening!

Posted

Aboyne -7.1C

Aviemore -6.1C

Dyce -5.7C

Lossiemouth -3.4C

Loch Glascarnoch -3.3C

Braemar at -8.2C. Not to mention Fort SS and Inbhir Nis!