Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The latest NMM doesn't even show this feature! Shows how looking at the radar is the best thing to do.

Needless to say, the latest NMM chart shows the front being much more progressive! Still, this snowfall is an unexpected surprise, so happy days!

It does on my computer but in the wrong place. It shows it breaking up by 23:00. I haven't seen a forecast since 06:15 and this wasn't mentioned then so a pleasant surprise.

Posted

Paul Hudsons forecast will be interesting tonight,

Will he have uptodate charts? and not the ones he used at lunchtime?

Moderate to heavy snow n barnsley!

Edited by LeeSnowFan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

Calendar news still saying yorkshire on amber warning ? i really have no idea what to expect tomorrow haha

Edited by stevied

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Right on the front edge of this unexpected band here but looking in detail at the radar it is moving painfully slowly NE. I wonder, as others have, whether the main band will catch this one up? Doesn't matter really I guess. It will snow I feel but what is really interesting is how windy it will get. At the end of the day it is this that will determmine the severity of the weather.

It's all looking good and it looks pretty certain now that the low is going to slide and probably the one after this. This will mean the cold will last longer and be more severe in the medium to long term. The tightening isobars will also give us a taste of 'The Beast' but at the moment I have now idea how strong the wind will be here or how beastly it will turn out be be. That said, it is coming........

Posted

I'm intrigued. This band seems to not have the capacity to move east. I'm thinking this may be the zone wherevtge front stalls. Heavy snow in Rotherham. Mr Hudson egg on face time... A few light flurries. I noticed on twitter earlier he said his forecast still stands...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Calendar news still saying yorkshire on amber warning ? i really have no idea what to expect tomorrow haha

Also just said beast from the east throughout next week.

We could be under some very deep snow by this time next week around here.

Posted

Also just said beast from the east throughout next week.

We could be under some very deep snow by this time next week around here.

lets hope so ! .... paul hudson tweeted yorkshire to get 1-3 cm tonight

Posted

The heavier stuff seems to be going West

Quite light here at the moment

Moving east slghtly again

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

This was a shock for the region wasn't it. It looks like you guys in the west will get a decent covering this evening. I have checked the radar and the front seems to have stalled, I can't see it moving towards the coast if im being honest but the met forecast mentions snow becoming confined to the coast tonight so who knows,

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well seems to hit brick wall lol not got to lincoln yet !!cray.gif

Edited by Marie Coles

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Met Office say fog here until 9pm then light snow showers (as i look out the window at the heavy snow thats been falling for the past couple of hours)

Posted
  • Location: Dalton/Thrybergh - Rotherham - South Yorkshire. Check my profile for assistance with legal solutions, family support and academic solutions.
  • Weather Preferences: Live to see snow. Hate summer, LOVE winter
  • Location: Dalton/Thrybergh - Rotherham - South Yorkshire. Check my profile for assistance with legal solutions, family support and academic solutions.

I'm sat in my house in Rotherham watching the snow which has been falling and settling for 3 hours. I'm not really up on charts etc, I just love weather, but I'm confused as to why Jon Mitchell on calendar weather has just said theres no snow tonight, when its been snowing here for 3 hours. Very confused. Anybody?

Posted

I'm sat in my house in Rotherham watching the snow which has been falling and settling for 3 hours. I'm not really up on charts etc, I just love weather, but I'm confused as to why Jon Mitchell on calendar weather has just said theres no snow tonight, when its been snowing here for 3 hours. Very confused. Anybody?

I thought the same !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well looks like we're out of the main stuff tomorrow until later on in the day. We may get more from this band who knows.

They use old data not like the BBC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

johm Mitchell said snow flurries petering out lol.... just checked the radar and lo and behold some nice echoes heading our way from the midlands... is something developing

Posted

Paul Hudson â€@Hudsonweather

Important forecast on Leeds @BBCLookNorth and Hull @looknorthBBC on expected snow next 48 hours. BBC1 6.30pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Paul Hudson â€@Hudsonweather

Important forecast on Leeds @BBCLookNorth and Hull @looknorthBBC on expected snow next 48 hours. BBC1 6.30pm

ooh could someone update as will be at wok until after 8pm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

johm Mitchell said snow flurries petering out lol.... just checked the radar and lo and behold some nice echoes heading our way from the midlands... is something developing

I think he'd already had prepared his forecast and didn't want any extra work.

Paul Hudson will give a more up to date forecast.

Posted

Well like i said this entrenched weather will always suprise.Well ive got to blow me own trumpet lol

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

As i've missed it does anybody know if its on Iplayer.

As for the mystery snowfall now the radar shows movement ever so lightly NNW (really backs up Steve's point about it being a convergence zone) which if true means we have the better part of 200 miles of snowfall to come (Leeds's snowfall is coming roughly from Nottingham. Already a good cm down so i'd wager 2-5cm is about right.