Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Spamming this, sorry! Last one!

6YRip.png

My prediction for Yorkshire and North Lincs- the further west, the best- but the NY Moors and most of the Pennines should see lots as well. Over 5cm widespread, and a lot of convection for the east.

This is for tomorrow. Expect Saturday and Sunday to be more fruitful for North Lincs and North Yorks/East Yorks.

Watch the MetO and BBC forecasts/warnings though- in intense situations like this, they are vital.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Love that! Same here! The model thread looking good? Try not to read it recently because u get your hopes up n then have them dashed lol so can be quite a stressful experience.

You're right there mate, i had a look last night and the pub run had caused devastation, had a quick look this morning and the 00z was restoring their optimism.

Looking pretty good in there at the min, not as many posts as usual though which is a bit strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Paul Hudson lives in yorkshire though, I'm sure he knows it better.

Posted

6YRip.png

My prediction for Yorkshire and North Lincs- the further west, the best- but the NY Moors and most of the Pennines should see lots as well. Over 5cm widespread, and a lot of convection for the east.

This is for tomorrow. Expect Saturday and Sunday to be more fruitful for North Lincs and North Yorks/East Yorks.

Watch the MetO and BBC forecasts/warnings though- in intense situations like this, they are vital.

I cant see what colour south yorkshire is? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

still snowing lighty here ,cant compain though ! tonights snow was a bonus

I cant read the models ,im just a weather lover

We all get frustrated when we dont get what we want ,but enjoy what we do get !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

6YRip.png

thats awful mate

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looked like S.Yorks will get hit from 12 till around 8 from that video.

Looks to me like it arrives between 12-3 and doesn't stop all day and evening.

Posted

6YRip.png

I like that very much simply because you have me in the purple zone ; ) drinks.gif

Posted

I cant see what colour south yorkshire is? lol

In the 5-15cm boundary, probably lower end, 5-10cm, with high ground more prone to 10-20cm (think high ground Sheffield is in a good position).

Posted

6YRip.png

Purple circle over Leeds, perfect biggrin.png

Edited by Snowy Liverpool

Posted

Paul Hudson lives in yorkshire though, I'm sure he knows it better.

His forecast had exactly the same graphic he just uses a crappy Yorkshire only angle really close so you couldn't see what was really happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

You're right there mate, i had a look last night and the pub run had caused devastation, had a quick look this morning and the 00z was restoring their optimism.

Looking pretty good in there at the min, not as many posts as usual though which is a bit strange.

they have all gone off sledging hahaha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

You can get arrested for that now...blum.gif

These days your more likely to be locked up in a bright orange boiler suit in Guantanamo Bay for committing an act of terror by snowball.

Posted

The 'purple' circle was for mainly Leeds-Bradford above 150m/200m, v hard to pinpoint on paint! I think parts of W Yorkshire (Huddersfield, Halifax, Bingley) are in for a really good time as well with over 10cm, potentially over 15cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

18z Nae high-res just rolling out now, first frame spot on with current radar, await the rest with anticipation

via relative heavy rain just hit west cornwall we have lift off..

Posted

The 'purple' circle was for mainly Leeds-Bradford above 150m/200m, v hard to pinpoint on paint! I think parts of W Yorkshire (Huddersfield, Halifax, Bingley) are in for a really good time as well with over 10cm, potentially over 15cm.

Sound good. ;)

Posted

they have all gone off sledging hahaha!

LoL Thats a good thought but the reality is they all actually miss the events they're looking for cus they're too busy analysing the models for the next one.

Spellcheck is showing that ANALYSING is wrong but if i add a Z it shows it as right. It looks even more wrong with a Z.

Posted

I'll be going to my parents on Sunday which is 184m (about a mile away it reaches 220m) so i'll be able to tell you exactly how much fell (currently 6cm from Sunday-Monday).

Posted

http://europa.buienr...nl/3daagse.aspx

this might cheer you up if you live in scunny blum.gif snow making it over to you tomorrow. also

shows at the end of the run (( sunday , a front moving up eastern england) , i wonder if we are in its sights

oh and a front comming in from the west.... talk about potential !

Edited by bryan629

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Latest NAE hot off the press shows light snow overnight persisting over South Western regions of Yorkshire;

13011806_1718.gif

Then staying in the South of the region during Friday morning;

13011812_1718.gif

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

I think the rule will be tommorow, the further west you are the better, although 20 miles from the east coast you might get decent accumulations from snow showers off the north sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

moderate snow falling again

Posted

Latest NAE hot off the press shows light snow overnight persisting over South Western regions of Yorkshire;

13011806_1718.gif

jees look at the width of that front...