Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

More or less stopped with odd burst but no complaints!

Posted

Light snow coming down again here now. Anyone else reporting snow?

As stated a few days ago. We have the cold in place. Almost everything that falls is going to be snow.

Enjoy the little surprise bits of snow as much as the main events.

Lets drop the charts and differing opinions and see what happens here. I am sure it won't disappoint sometime in the next week.

It may be W Yorks gets hammered next week instead. What will be will be good.gif

Not being funny but but posted this mid morning.

Low and behold we get 5 hours of unexpected snow today and still falling.

I repeat. Once the cold is in place...................

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted

Any chance this band of snow now will move over scunny. Only had the odd flake blowing in the breeze

You have had more than here mate lol. I think it is pretty unlikely the band will move further east unfortunatly. Better luck tomorrow and over the weekend hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am sure it will, todays snow in the west was from a very weak feature that developed, tomorrows snow is coming from a much more active front. How far east is gets is open to debate but both ITV and BBC have the snow covering our entire region by tomorrow evening. I also believe due to the strength of the SE wind snow showers could easily develop over the North Sea and spread quite far in land too.

Been watching the models etc looks like i should see some snow late afternoon onwards, bit of a downgrade from yesterdays forecast but all may change again tomorrow and usually does.

Posted

Yes - feeling very frustrated. And also pesismistic about the next day or two. At least what is on the ground isn't going anywhere fast.sorry.gif

Yes very true and it has been an excellent week, with snow on the ground and very cold temps and it looks like 2 ice days in a row.Any snow we get will most likely come from the east, but the PPN charts ive looked at on the GFS and a few of the other models don't look that great.

Posted

Been watching the models etc looks like i should see some snow late afternoon onwards, bit of a downgrade from yesterdays forecast but all may change again tomorrow and usually does.

radio lincolnshire was on about the snow stalling over us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

You have had more than here mate lol. I think it is pretty unlikely the band will move further east unfortunatly. Better luck tomorrow and over the weekend hopefully.

Think we will not get much with the west low but may get something from North Sea through Saturday n Sunday. Met n bbc forecast totally changed with a vastly reduced period of snow here in scunny. But anything could happen from now until Sunday so positive thinking lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

You should do ok, use to always get good snow in Lincoln growing up there as a kid.

Keep posting updates, i'm supposed to be over there at my dads this weekend.

I hoping so will be keeping look out on radar etc good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Snow showers will not develop off the North Sea this weekend. Forecasters have made this clear so it's either this band tomorrow or nothing I'm afraid.

Posted

nothing here at the moment just hope tomorrow delivers

i feel your pain, lol, i still think tomorrow and saturday are also going to be non events, just my gut feeling, as soon as i heard paul hunson say patchy light snow then that to me said it will miss here altogether, we will see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Maz we will send it your way

blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Snow showers will not develop off the North Sea this weekend. Forecasters have made this clear so it's either this band tomorrow or nothing I'm afraid.

Oh okay. When would they if at all ever!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

They are Vastly underestimating the shower potential, even their own model shows a trough in the N Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

lol, ok like they made it clear that this snow tonight was definitely on the cards blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

I'm not an expert but that seems an inaccurate statement to me!

Which forecasters have suggested this?

Lots of snow showers 'should' pack into Yorkshire on the strengthening Easterly wind this weekend.

Posted

Any chance this band of snow now will move over scunny. Only had the odd flake blowing in the breeze

I'm not looking at the radar anymore tonightrofl.gif

Posted

i feel your pain, lol, i still think tomorrow and saturday are also going to be non events, just my gut feeling, as soon as i heard paul hunson say patchy light snow then that to me said it will miss here altogether, we will see

some will get more than others i think we will get some lets just see what develops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

They are Vastly underestimating the shower potential, even their own model shows a trough in the N Sea.

I'm not an expert but that seems an inaccurate statement to me!

Which forecasters have suggested this?

Lots of snow showers 'should' pack into Yorkshire on the strengthening Easterly wind this weekend.

Easily.... north sea becomes a snow making machine...stiff easterly ...low uppers equals convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

John Mitchell Paul Hudson jay wyn bbc and mo forecasts! The presence of the high too close so showers v.unlikely. Lets see who wins out.. :)

But fantastic surprise tonight! Nae did show this. More pleeeease. X

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
Posted (edited) · Hidden by reef, January 17, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by reef, January 17, 2013 - No reason given

Your either a troll or very pessimistic, the potential at the moment is huge with snow falling at the moment, at what point will you be happy ?

And the forecasters did not even mention tonights event so i wouldnt take much notice of them at the moment, use your window

Edited by CasMan
Posted

This is clearly not true, the cold uppers and strong wind WILL aid convection. The east of the region will recieve beefy snow showers from tom late morn right through to sun and blowing in land tom night sat.