Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted

John Mitchell Paul Hudson jay wyn bbc and mo forecasts! The presence of the high too close so showers v.unlikely. Lets see who wins out.. smile.png

But fantastic surprise tonight! Nae did show this. More pleeeease. X

You are probably right mate as apart from Tuesday, snow showers have been very hit and miss and most have stayed out at sea. I did watch Calendar weather though and he said snower showers throughout the whole weekend, Paul Hudson just mentioned snow fluffies. I think the radar might be more useful as has been the case for you guys in Yorkshire this evening.

Posted

You are probably right mate as apart from Tuesday, snow showers have been very hit and miss and most have stayed out at sea. I did watch Calendar weather though and he said snower showers throughout the whole weekend, Paul Hudson just mentioned snow fluffies. I think the radar might be more useful as has been the case for you guys in Yorkshire this evening.

depends what develops over the weekend which isnt forecasted at the moment

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Just had a look in the model thread, i didn't have to dodge flying toys and dummies but had to laugh at some still looking deep into FI when theres the possibility of

something very special only a few hours away..

Still coming down over here, that many gritters have gone up and down that they've resurfaced the road. I still feel the same rage at gritters that i use to have as a kid, only

difference now is i don't throw snowballs at their windscreens. whistling.gif

Posted

snow fluffies! - as long as it has snow in it it'll do me drinks.gif

Posted

Just had a look in the model thread, i didn't have to dodge flying toys and dummies but had to laugh at some still loo

king deep into FI when theres the possibility of

Still coming down over here, that many gritters have gone up and down that they've resurfaced the road. I still feel the same rage at gritters that i use to have as a kid, only

cheers mate i drive gritters in lincolnshire

Posted

Just had a look in the model thread, i didn't have to dodge flying toys and dummies but had to laugh at some still looking deep into FI when theres the possibility of

You can get arrested for that now...blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

difference now is i don't throw snowballs at their windscreens.

whistling.gif

Love that! Same here! The model thread looking good? Try not to read it recently because u get your hopes up n then have them dashed lol so can be quite a stressful experience.

Posted

snow fluffies! - as long as it has snow in it it'll do me drinks.gif

Hahahahahahahah, think I need to learn how to spell, especially since I'm a Primary Teacher lol. Fluffies=flurries acute.gif

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Almost stopped now as the activity fades away from the north west. Never really got going but lasted long enough to add another cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Not expecting too much (patchy light moderate snow), and whilst not gospel the gfs ppn chart pivots the front during sunday back up from the SE, giving the Eastern part of our region maybe all of us... a second bite if tomorrows fall is modest so i may get shot down but you guys to the west win tomorrow and the rest play catch up over the weekend good.gif

http://cdn.nwstatic....ctypeuktopo.png

so don't view tomorrow as the be all and end all

Edited by Imp81

Posted

Stop saying that! I ain't a troll. I am a weather lover and study it. I am just pointing out my opinion and the pretty much obvious/forecasts. I have in some points I'm wrong but we will see....

Lol. Ok then.

Posted

Who is Ian F?

Ian Ferguson - the South West version of Paul Hudson who frequently writes on the South West thread and Model Discussion - well respected and informative guy - could do well to follow him

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/news/newsid_7760000/7760862.stm

Again i say, the BBC are forecasting snow through most of tommorow. Skip to 1.20 for the national picture.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Watch the north sea produce showers tom and sat!!!!!!!!

Whilst many are better qualified to look than myself the ECM from what i can see :S has us in being fed nicely flow wise from the East so no coastal margins malarkey if they pop up they should drift inland , though i guess it depends on how tomorrows front pans out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
post-2839-0-35617700-1358454907_thumb.png belting low temperatures if this verified. good scatter on the precip too ... suggesting a NE on the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

cheers mate i drive gritters in lincolnshire

rofl.gif I'm in Lincoln as well this weekend ph34r.png

Posted

http://news.bbc.co.u...000/7760862.stm

Again i say, the BBC are forecasting snow through most of tommorow. Skip to 1.20 for the national picture.

Ian F is brilliant and his forecasts are always spot on! and as you say the picture he shows is completely different to what Paul Hudson showed, skip to 1 min 20 seconds to see the national picture and you will see all that snow heading our way early in the morning and right throughout the day! still all to play for!!

Posted

post-2839-0-35617700-1358454907_thumb.png belting low temperatures if this verified. good scatter on the precip too ... suggesting a NE on the way

Excellent ensembles.It looks like my snowcover should last quite a while yetclapping.gif

Posted

Matthew Hugoâ€@MattHugo81

The amalgamation of showers off the North Sea is definitely bringing an added difficulty to the fcsts but NE Eng at risk of heavy snow shrs

Hope this include our region as well as Tyneside.

Posted

Ian F is brilliant and his forecasts are always spot on! and as you say the picture he shows is completely different to what Paul Hudson showed, skip to 1 min 20 seconds to see the national picture and you will see all that snow heading our way early in the morning and right throughout the day! still all to play for!!

Looked like S.Yorks will get hit from 12 till around 8 from that video.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/news/newsid_7760000/7760862.stm

Skip ahead to 1.20 and you can see our region getting covered tommorow.

koolio thats a much better forecast than our own paul hudson am liking that :)