Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted

I think the rule will be tommorow, the further west you are the better, although 20 miles from the east coast you might get decent accumulations from snow showers off the north sea.

that puts barnsley in a good location as we are more south west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well we've got a couple of cm's from this 'squeeze' of the air that loitered over the SW already so anything else is just going to add to that (no melt until it starts to settle kinda thing) so I'm thinking this mornings revisions might prove a tad shy of the reality on the ground (around here at least?).

Somehow I think the orange MetO will be back over us by the a,m. ?

Looking at the meteosat images of the system coming in I'd hazard a guess at it being a little bit perkier than the mid day view of things?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Heavier snow fringing the South of our region during tomorrow afternoon according to latest NAE, but showers beginning to move inland off the coast;

13011818_1718.gif

Heavier snow / snow showers moving inland tomorrow evening;

13011900_1718.gif

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

For some reason I can't attach my expected snowfall totals map, but I would say anywhere west of the A1 should get 3-7cm and at the very west of our region, places like settle/halifax/skipton I would expect 5-10cm. Highest totals ~ snake pass/pennines 10-15cm.

TYhis will undoubtably change overnight though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Well we've got a couple of cm's from this 'squeeze' of the air that loitered over the SW already so anything else is just going to add to that (no melt until it starts to settle kinda thing) so I'm thinking this mornings revisions might prove a tad shy of the reality on the ground (around here at least?).

Somehow I think the orange MetO will be back over us by the a,m. ?

Looking at the meteosat images of the system coming in I'd hazard a guess at it being a little bit perkier than the mid day view of things?

Agreed G-W, I think there are going to be some last minute 'revisions' to the forecasts................

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Heavier snow inbound for Leeds and Bradford looking at the radar.

Posted

Latest bbc news 24 forecast is quality!

Forget about the band from the south west, it just has numerous snow showers blowing in across the whole region all the way until saturday night :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I do love the forecast just posted. Maybe the metoffice should start using paint too. Brilliant

Posted

Forget about the band from the south west, it just has numerous snow showers blowing in across the whole region all the way until saturday night smile.png

I'm not sure we can call them showers looking at them (too widespread). It looks to me like we get a similar feature to the one we have now.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

she's gone, I just hope she's ok. I've told her to keep in contact as she has to go out to Darfield too! wacko.png

my height measurement is probably in need of adjustment as it's a few years old and I can't even remember where I got it. I'm about the same height as you - I'm near sam's on the other side of the road good.gif

Ha, small world, you're just down the road. I know Sams very well, he cooks my tea most nights biggrin.png

I've used google to check the altitude and the few sources i viewed were all roughly 230m, i dont know how accurate the altimeter on the GPS is

but i hope its spot on cus its a Garmin and cost me a bloody fortune.

Hope the OH gets home safe and sound, its a bit of trek to Hoyland and Darfield in this weather, especially at night. The gritters are out in full force

though so unless we have a whiteout the roads should be clear (apart from Hoylandswain Hill which seems to be a snow magnet and has the beating of most of us at some point)

Posted

Just looks the same to me, although can only see the 9:30 radar image and not the 9:45 one.

If you zoom in over the last hour the greens are approaching again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Forget about the band from the south west, it just has numerous snow showers blowing in across the whole region all the way until saturday night :)

But they won't get to the Pennines will they

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

prectypeuktopo.pngsunday 9pm

prectypeuktopo.pngsunday midnight

prectypeuktopo.pngsunday 3am

notice east gets haevy snowfall throughout.... no work monday lads hahah

lol. last chart is monday 3am ahem !

Edited by bryan629

Posted

In a quite strong easterly wind they can easily reach the pennines, there's no high ground to stop them coming through. It's the guys west of the pennines that would have reason to be worried :p

If you zoom in over the last hour the greens are approaching again.

See what ya mean and the snow outside has increased from very light to light.

Posted

Course they will,watch the radar all day tom mate.

Posted

In a quite strong easterly wind they can easily reach the pennines, there's no high ground to stop them coming through. It's the guys west of the pennines that would have reason to be worried blum.gif

See what ya mean and the snow outside has increased from very light to light.

It will be interesting to see whether fronts over the west Midlands can beat shower/troughs over the north east given that in December 2010 Northumberland had over 1 meter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Main front catching the other up!! 150 miles between them. maybe a little less

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Just looks the same to me, although can only see the 9:30 radar image and not the 9:45 one.

that is wierd .... the whole lot as far as i can see hasnt moved in any direction its just sat still... looks like its going to pep up , i wonder if it has antthing to do with the approaching front

Posted

Did somebody say no showers from the East. Think you might want to check the radar! Looks like we're about to get a hammering! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Can't help but get excited about the latest news 24 forecast 15 minutes ago!! Woo

sorry i missed it ?????