Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 15/01/13 18z------>

A.J

Posted

Did somebody say no showers from the East. Think you might want to check the radar! Looks like we're about to get a hammering! smile.png

Looks great for your part of the coast matey, It looks like the bottom edge might just scrape here.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Can't help but get excited about the latest news 24 forecast 15 minutes ago!! Woo

any chance you know the link acute.gif

Posted

that is wierd .... the whole lot as far as i can see hasnt moved in any direction its just sat still... looks like its going to pep up , i wonder if it has antthing to do with the approaching front

It's quite a large conversion zone that's set up across the spine of the country, I wouldn't expect much from it as it isn't that active but is nice to see snow falling tonight out of the blue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

has anyone got an update for the front coming in from the west for tom in sheff area?the current unexpected area of snow looks to be fizzling out

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

The main course is on its way and we're still on the starter. Its not stopped here since this afternoon and its picked up again after an hour of lighter falls. -1.8C

Posted

The main course is on its way and we're still on the starter. Its not stopped here since this afternoon and its picked up again after an hour of lighter falls. -1.8C

i thought we were missing out on the main band ie earlier forecast???

Posted
Posted · Hidden by reef, January 17, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by reef, January 17, 2013 - No reason given

Oooooh Coming down quite heavy now! Looks set in for a while too!

This from Lewis (UKWF)

** Heavy snow alert **

An area of precipitation is heading in to parts of Yorkshire and the NE of England.

The southern flank is where the lightest precipitation is which will move in to Hull.

Further North heavy snow is expected for a time with accumulations of 2-5cm.

The organised area of precipitation will affect Hull right up to North of Whitby.

The precipitation is very light across Hull and southern parts of East Yorkshire.

The precipitation should get further inland, but there is uncertainty as to how far.

Posted

Has Pal Hudson been watching the radar? And tom patchy snow fizzling. Talk about underplaying it

Posted

Has Pal Hudson been watching the radar? And tom patchy snow fizzling. Talk about underplaying it

To be honest I don't bother watching his forecasts anymore as they are usually wrong and he has had egg on his face more times than ian brown..

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

What I thought was notable on the radar from Paul Hudson's forecast on look North was the fact that the showers currently on the East Coast were not even there.

Could the current forecasts be underplaying the show showers tomorrow?

The UK forecast looked very good here though in Hull with snow showers really pepping up later in the afternoon and lasting into the early hours of Saturday.

Edited by Quicksilver1989

Posted

the front from the west fizzling out app as it moves west.majority of the heavy snow stays west of birmingham on the latest bbc national weather

Posted

its been snowing lightly in sheff since four oclock but my point was that the main front app isnt going to reach anywhere near yorkshire or lincolnshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well going by the latest forecast West Yorkshire n leeds where I am miss the snow. Prolonged snow north east again as per usual and nothing really to get excited sbout there :(

Posted

the front from the west fizzling out app as it moves west.majority of the heavy snow stays west of birmingham on the latest bbc national weather

Well weve already dot 2cm in Bingley and the east of the region will defo benefit from the shower activity in the next few days and i fully expect most of the region to have 6 to 12 cm at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Well going by the latest forecast West Yorkshire n leeds where I am miss the snow. Prolonged snow north east again as per usual and nothing really to get excited sbout there sad.png

we will get our fair share of snow as the week progresses good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

i have a question ? would the aproaching front kill off the convection snowfall over the spine of england at moment or would it simply ride over the top of it ?

Posted

If you look at the mo radar look at the very east in the north sea at the activity getting going!

Posted

Well going by the latest forecast West Yorkshire n leeds where I am miss the snow. Prolonged snow north east again as per usual and nothing really to get excited sbout there sad.png

Jesus Christ.... make ya mind up!

One minute your saying how great it's looking, the next it's looking bad, good, bad, good, bad,good,bad,good,bad....... I really hope for everyone's sanity you get your snow tommorow rolleyes.gif