Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 16/01/13, 12z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Yes dave me and you shud get some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

My phone about to run out of battery - spent every spare min checking for signs of pear shaped normality! What a day of continual wonderful model watching, warnings, etc. Surely we're on the home stretch now. Just want Friday now so there's no chance for anything to go wrong...

Posted

My phone about to run out of battery - spent every spare min checking for signs of pear shaped normality! What a day of continual wonderful model watching, warnings, etc. Surely we're on the home stretch now. Just want Friday now so there's no chance for anything to go wrong...

I know the feeling!

Notable westward correction on 12z gfs and especially UKMO! This is good news as it also means it will be colder.

However, All great so far but I'd rather not see any more westward shifts from now on.

Karyo

Posted

Jesus, Snow Fan Man, your still here? Still on the ol' class B? Lol....

Haha, hadn't been on for years and not bothered to login when i had been watching late last year. Now i'm back to checking every day like the good 'ole days! Good to see you're still here mate, i remember us being up til late quite often chasing the festering snow showers.

Hope you're doing good :)

Posted

That stuff in the Irish Sea won't advance more than merseyside at the most.

Posted

Haha, hadn't been on for years and not bothered to login when i had been watching late last year. Now i'm back to checking every day like the good 'ole days! Good to see you're still here mate, i remember us being up til late quite often chasing the festering snow showers.

Hope you're doing good smile.png

Me neither to be honest mate, generally dont come on until winter time and rarely post, but think I have the bug back as I have been checking every 5 minutes, abusing my Iphone like mad haha!!! We was up till all hours, those were the days, MSN haha! Have you moved?

Posted

Me neither to be honest mate, generally dont come on until winter time and rarely post, but think I have the bug back as I have been checking every 5 minutes, abusing my Iphone like mad haha!!! We was up till all hours, those were the days, MSN haha! Have you moved?

Haha the days of MSN! I moved down to Essex a few years ago, then moved to Bournemouth and now living in New Milton, Hampshire. However i'm at home at the moment from Christmas and won't be going anywhere until the snow (assuming it comes) has gone haha. Currently awaiting MetOffice Rainfall Radar update, as it seems the bottom of the front to the West may clip the Wirral.

Posted

I know the feeling!

Notable westward correction on 12z gfs and especially UKMO! This is good news as it also means it will be colder.

However, All great so far but I'd rather not see any more westward shifts from now on.

Karyo

Surely it will though Karyo, it's not going to stay as it is?? It never does.. cc_confused.gif and slightly nervous

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Lancashire Snowdome at maximum... nea.gif

post-6879-0-01900200-1358354918_thumb.pn

ian

Posted

Aye, it could possibly clip, although I doubt it! Hope it does though mate! Thats some moving around haha! Catch you later mate just heading off home!!

Got my fingers crossed! Catch you later dude.

Posted

Karyo- the 12z UKMO looks further east in comparison to yesterdays 12z UKMO ?

Possibly, but I am comparing the 12z gfs with the UKMO.

Karyo

Posted

Wow i was all for slashing wrsts and hanging myself after lastnight GFS 18z!!! Just expected the west and south shift to continue. Just goes to show anyth8ing can and will happen. Its looking preeety good for my area.....i think.

Edited by Winter Monsoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

ian

Sorry for IMBYism here but wtf is my house doing in that crappy hole in the middle?! Pinch of salt needed I hope!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Haha a great big gaping hole... That's the new we know and love

Posted

Sorry for IMBYism here but wtf is my house doing in that crappy hole in the middle?! Pinch of salt needed I hope!!

Fear not, i'm on the edge of the hole in the yellow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

ian

OMG what's that hole near Wirral ???? Arghhhhh Noooooo :-(