Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 16/01/13, 12z Onwards

Coast

Not really, take my word for it, the NMM isn't great with precipitation forecasts more than about 12 hours away.

I agree, people really need to just sit back and watch it all unfold. I trust the Met Office on this occasion. Too many people on here looking for potential flaws, I mean the amount of people who posted that one chart from the GFS with a hole in the precipitation right over the south of our region sums it up really, people are panicing when there is nothing at present to panic about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

post 798 model thread shows latest fax charts..........Im not good at reading them....but does that show the front fizzling out before us?

Uh-oh...... anyone for a pear......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Stonking ECM rolling out atm, might be a good thing if you know someone with a JCB next week! Thats if you want to be dug out lol blum.gif

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well folks you now have your pantomime villain for Friday when (if) it all goes the way of the pear ..... i am now the proud owner of 2 new bright red sledges .....

Lol well a sledge is useless to me as leylands completely flat!! Haha maybe needed for a trip to tesco though lol

Posted

I was joking obviously :p

Posted

I agree, people really need to just sit back and watch it all unfold. I trust the Met Office on this occasion. Too many people on here looking for potential flaws, I mean the amount of people who posted that one chart from the GFS with a hole in the precipitation right over the south of our region sums it up really, people are panicing when there is nothing at present to panic about!

I think the GFS one was intended as a joke, besides I never take any of their precipitation charts seriously. As for people panicking, it's called the NW jitters, so many times we have seen these things go wrong even with the MetO's blessing. I'm sure this time will be different as everything seems in our favour, lets bring it on I say.

Posted

I wasnt...i like certainty.....any charts showing other possibilities make me very nervous..

Chris you live in Preston .... when is snow ever nailed on.

I see the mood has picked up in the MO thread with all the talk of NE and E winds next week .

Posted

Just filmed all of Dianne's forecast. She wouldn't DARE show the maps for Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Dianne: Substantial snow...storm...blizzard...severe disruption. Then at the end 'Eno will have the detail at 10.30...' like she couldn't bring herself to utter any more!!!

Posted

I totally take your point....however for my particular location.......this has been modeled before, perhaps not a severe for a few years but it has been......but its never happened (my 74 yr old father in laws thinks 2010 was possibly the snowiest he has seen Preston...his memory may be failing but you take my point its snowless here)...so with that much history backing up the lack of snow here, you must understand the skepticism.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

There's some fabulous humour in here at the moment - I'm sitting here with my iPad giggling away, trying to explain why to my five year old lol

Posted

Diane Oxberry had to spit the forecast out again on North West tonight and ended by referring to tomorrows temperatures as 'not worth mentioning, not worth mentioning' - wish I could take that approach to my job... not worth doing it today, nope I can't be bothered to give a well presented, analytical and descriptive forecast.

Edited by dodgeredee

Diane Oxberry had to spit the forecast out again on North West tonight and ended by referring to tomorrows temperatures as 'not worth mentioning, not worth mentioning' - wish I could take that approach to my job... not worth doing it today, nope I can't be bothered to give a well presented, analytical and descriptive forecast.

She really is atrocious, Eno is just a crap Weather Presenter but when it comes to cold and snowy weather Diane just can't bring herself to give a decent and descriptive forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The last piece of the jigsaw is now in place.

Diane Oxberry is seriously ramping Friday's snow in the NW. and then the BBC News 24 forecast was probably the most amazing for snow I've ever seen.

Countrywide white shown, a countrywide yellow warning and then to cap it all, the amber zone and warnings of the heaviest snow in the North West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

She really is atrocious, Eno is just a crap Weather Presenter but when it comes to cold and snowy weather Diane just can't bring herself to give a decent and descriptive forecast.

the weather should be presented in a manor which states the current expectations.nothing should be help back cos she hates it. very unprofessional Edited by swainclubber

Posted

The models are actually starting to get scary now... have you seen ECM for wednesday;

ECH1-144.GIF

Not saying it's going to happen, but it wouldn't just be the East that would get snow from that.

Posted

I'm flying to Paris on Sunday from Mancheter. I'm there for a week so will miss any snow that falls after Fri/Sat What do you think the chances are of the flight being cancelled. It's work so really don't want to go. I'm a little concerned about leaving the wife and kids on there own as well...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

I'm flying to Paris on Sunday from Mancheter. I'm there for a week so will miss any snow that falls after Fri/Sat What do you think the chances are of the flight being cancelled. It's work so really don't want to go. I'm a little concerned about leaving the wife and kids on there own as well...

should be set to go. plenty of time to keep runway clear late Saturday to Sunday