Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 17th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

There has been some snowfall past Newmachar so that could be the snow division in the NE as it often is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

You have to laugh. Almost any footage from any Moscow news story in mid-winter and its snowing the majority of the times. By comparison to our land-locked Russian comrades, we are surrounded by sea on all sides and yet it seems most of us can hardly squeeze a single flake out the sky in these situations !

Posted

I've came to the conclusion that they hate mentioning snow or the possibility of it. In fact I think they hate the weather or talking about it.

yes, implied we had missed the bad weather and then showed a map with much of the country getting pasted tomorrow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Just home from Dundee and what a Forecast on Reporting Scotland. The East is in for it on Friday evening especially.

I am working in the Boots Late Store in Albert Street, Dundee until 21.00 so could be an interesting drive home.

Also got a phone call this afternoon asking me to cover sickness in Kingussie, in the Cairngorms National Park. Question is will I get home if they close the snow gates?

Can confirm that the South-easterly wind is strengthening off the Tay in Dundee - I was just wearing my shirt and suit and the wind chill was severe walking down from Perth Road to Riverside Drive. cold.gif

Awww I missed it, was there anything for us? :D

Edited by Allyw12

Posted

Judith obviously hates snow. I hate it when they assume no snow is a good thing.

Posted

When I'm President of The First Republic of Scotland, these kind of forecasters will be dealt with by The Kilted Forums Peoples Justice Committee. Oh yes indeedy.

Judith obviously hates snow. I hate it when they assume no snow is a good thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

There has been some snowfall past Newmachar so that could be the snow division in the NE as it often is.

Just had a light snow shower in Westhill as well if that is any consolation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Judith must have said thankfully 2/3 times when stating that Scotland is missing out. She then proceeded to show charts with snow!

Wind getting up here and feeling bitter 1C.

A bit disappointed today as I was through in Glasgow and hardly saw any snow South of Perth except on some hills. That aerial photo the other day made it look as if most of the country was covered in snow? I will be through again midweek next week so hope to see a lot more of the white stuff then. [as long as the roads are a/ passable or b/ completely blocked so I don't have to go.]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

In the car coming home, Mini miss SS informed me it's going to snow tomorrow. I asked how much and she said '21'. I enquired if that was the depth in cm's, which she confirmed.

I'll trust her forecast over misreporting Scotland.good.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Awww I missed it, was there anything for us? biggrin.png

It's coming allyw, its coming. Showed snow falling over use lightly tonight (that system coming North from Northumberland?) and then heavy snow tomorrow evening from the East and a good way inland.

Posted

Airport temp +03, with dewpoint -01. But the long forecast taking in up to teatime tomorrow does point to rain, then rain/snow, then snow showers - we can only wait & see.

Yes it does suggest light snow showers from 1am. If the showers are of snow by tomorrow morning I will feel more hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

I'm so confused lol

lol yup me too, confusion abounds! I'm thinking of it as everyone will get snow apart from central. if things change then I'm happy, and things have changed a lot....usually not for the better

Posted

it could just be that we're in the matrix, the forecasts are produced by the matrix, and everyone and everything about netweather is in the matrix. it's no real folks !

Posted

I reckon snow here tomorrow and in Aberdeen it will be snow by evening at least.

When I'm President of The First Republic of Scotland, these kind of forecasters will be dealt with by The Kilted Forums Peoples Justice Committee. Oh yes indeedy.

That's the one man committee headed by LS? :lol:

Posted

I"d trust yer ma-in-laws forecast over Reporting Scotland [i'm sure she's a bloody fine woman before I get into any trouble for sexist ma-in-law comments]

In the car coming home, Mini miss SS informed me it's going to snow tomorrow. I asked how much and she said '21'. I enquired if that was the depth in cm's, which she confirmed.

I'll trust her forecast over misreporting Scotland.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Look what I just spotted..

post-7292-0-75823700-1358452519_thumb.jp

A glitch?

No - it's just the GFS.

Posted

Well that depends on LS of course Catch. If his forecasts dinnae deliver The People's Snaw then he too may find himself breaking big rocks wi a wee hammer in a Lanarkshire gulag. Lets just say the position of Committee Chairperson could be subject to a lot of change. You might be next comrade....

That's the one man committee headed by LS? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Max. Temp. today +1.5C at 14.31.

Currently 0.0C/-1.9C (-0.4C/hour).