Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer

No frost here again last night. Temps briefly got down to 0 but usually hovered around 1 degree.

Second night in a row with no frost when they had forecast it be -2 to -4

Both Mets wrong for my location

If you're near a windward coast and/or the skies weren't clear then you wouldn't get frost

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

There were some flurries early in the night here. Alot of showers drifting onto the East coast all morning according to the radar, mostly Louth, Down, and Antrim, north Dublin earlier, and an area of light precipitation over the east half of Wicklow (any Wicklowers on Louthies on here tell us what's happening/happened??

Got nothing at all Alto... Not a grain. Have a rain collector and it was bone dry. The Anglsea shadow and wind direction is excluding me!!! No streamers! Very disappointed. Might take a spin up the mountains for my fix!!!

Posted

Snowing here again at the moment. We were going to go up to Belfast Castle this afternoon but something tells me this isn't a bright idea, esp after hearing Watsy's experiences.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

If you're near a windward coast and/or the skies weren't clear then you wouldn't get frost

I'm quite aware of that, the stations widely across Ireland recorded minimal frosts if any at all

My point is,heavy frost was FC but did not deliver

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer

Hi. I am in Wicklow. at approx 700ft asl. 6 miles from sea. We have about 4 inches of lying snow since Friday, fell as wet snow, now well frozen. light graupel shower atm, occasional showers this morning getting more frequent now.

Thanks! Wanted to go to Avoca yesterday but couldn't get away. Would love to see the hills, trying to persuade herself to go today (not into the higher areas, just to where you can see)!

Posted

Got nothing at all Alto... Not a grain. Have a rain collector and it was bone dry. The Anglsea shadow and wind direction is excluding me!!! No streamers! Very disappointed. Might take a spin up the mountains for my fix!!!

I live in Santry/Ballymun too!good.gif It was brief, and very little, around 10pm-11.30 anyway, when I was looking. More frustrated with this a/m, great potential there and so close, hard to know how we missed out on it!sorry.gif

Edited by Altohumorous

Posted

Moderate graupel here in Dalkey, Tries to accumulate but itsn't intense enough. Lets see if we get more intense showers

Thanks! Wanted to go to Avoca yesterday but couldn't get away. Would love to see the hills, trying to persuade herself to go today (not into the higher areas, just to where you can see)!

Would be OK to go today. the roads are generally good. However, I wouldn't go too far into hills. The mountain rescue crews have been busy rescuing people and risking their own safety in the process!

Posted

More widespread convection kicking off between the IOM and the East Down coast.

Sky is darkening to the East, streamers are inbound.

Currently light snow grains.

Posted

Strange how met eirann have warning of 5-10 cms and met office have nothing for Northern Ireland. Just a frost warning till midnight

Posted

just light rain here in south west Dublin at the minute. i'm giving up

Snow grains here in Celbridge and also at Casement

PsMETAR BALD 201200Z 10011KT 9999 SG FEW018 SCT023 OVC041 02/M01 0998 MSL=

really at casement? i'm very close to there but can only see drizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

not much here today, just the odd light grain shower and thawing of what little snow I got. Why did I have to move so close to the coast.

Posted

just light rain here in south west Dublin at the minute. i'm giving up

really at casement? i'm very close to there but can only see drizzle

That was at 1200, it may have turned back to drizzle by now. The grains will melt so easily

Edited by Su Campu

Posted

not much here today, just the odd light grain shower and thawing of what little snow I got. Why did I have to move so close to the coast.

It's a blessing and a curse living by the sea in these streamer events - we can get potentially huge dumpings of snow, but it can melt so quickly

Posted

First snow/grapple here since 2010!!! Only very light, but still!

Gone now!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

getting some snow grains falling here from time to time. another dull miserable day though,temp 1.7c