Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Missing out in Derry again! Just brilliant! Enjoy your snow folks!

Ronan your not the only one I wudnt worry. Inland and upland areas are flying. Coastal areas green green grass.

Posted

Working down in dubin airport this week missing all the snow boo!

Tho looks like niweather got it spot on almost, put out Amber warning for east parts for snow but hail and sleet near coasts. Any chance you could send some snow to dubli. airport

Posted

Sleet/rain in city centre.

Thats what the wife said.

Workers in Belfast who travel home up the hill from Forestside could be in for a long journey home.

Posted

Where is the reports from Ireland? Still snowing heavily in Moira.

Not sure you'd be interested in what we have in Dublin MS sorry.gif

Cloud breaking up overhead, which I hope lasts through to nightfall, if we cant have reasonable snowfall, then a hard frost is a good second cousin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

MS, In West Dublin we awoke to about a cm of snow but the main roads were clear. We had a very heavy wet snow shower around 11.30am which was nice. It has mostly thawed now. A lot better than nothing but unfortunately not as good as you guys up north.

Posted

Still snowing away in Saintfield. for anybody travelling through Saintfield towards ballynahinch avoid, as the road in Saintfield is blocked with cars trying to get up the hill at Vivo in the village centre. Snow stopped for 5 mins but coming down heavy again.

Posted

Just back from town where it's raining. Even at Forestside it looked like game over but walking up the hill to Four Winds, the ppn changed from rain to sleet to snow as I climbed. In fact, the snowfall has intensified in the last few minutes and is now moderate, with fairly large flakes. Getting home from the city centre is going to be a nightmare for those who live in the outskirts or the outlying towns and villages as they may not be aware what the situation is out here in the sticks.

Posted

Very heavy snow again in Saintfield. I would say there is 3-4 inches of fresh snow on the cars that have been here all day. Been solid heavy snow since 10-30 this morning and doesn't look to be easing any. Cannot believe its heavy rain in Belfast. Bizarre

Posted

Roads blocked and closed around carryduff, Saintfield and higher parts of Lisburn!! GlEngormley and around there bad too. This really should have been an amber warning by the met office. It's as bad if not worse here than Friday!! Grid lock coming out of Belfast up the hill to carryduff

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Pretty much losing my interest in this "cold spell",i just hope this isnt my winter lol. Granted some places have done ok but i think its been a very timid affair for many. One or two light dustings of wet snow that melted pretty quickly and not even a frost here,well for me anyway -cold spell? What cold spell? Lowest temp ive recorded the last few days is 0.7c. If there is one thing i like about cold spells its the fact that they often bring bright weather but the last few days have been bloody miserable. This cold spell has really only been eventfull for high ground by and large. Anyway i dont want to get too down about it i just hope Feb delivers a true cold spell and hopefully it will as it looks like a reasonable chance of HP setting up over Greenland sometime next month.

Cloudy here AGAIN temp 2.0c

Posted

Got in at half five, cannot believe an amber warning wasnt issued. Carryduff is a car park, cars abandoned all over the shop.

This is my heaviest snowfall in NI since i came here 8 years ago

Still hammering down.

Posted

Totally agree mountain shadow! This is way worse than fri! I have 5-6 inches on my car from this morn and do u see the heavy streamer forming towards the east coast and hitting u know! I'm still in Saintfield and its chucking down with snow! Disgrace an amber warning wasn't issued