Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 17th January 2013 onwards

The watcher

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

was it only yesterday I said Co Down .. get ready for Snow ???

Posted

Wow impressive stuff here in Castlereagh Hills. Had to abandon car at bottom of my steep hill...no chance of a run up seeing as you have to turn into it. Also a number of cars have been abandoned so too dangerously anyways.

Fun times.

Is that us for the night then? Heavy snow?

Posted

Well bbc newsline had the snow stooped at 7pm !! So it will snow all night in that case! Maybe just another SHOWER!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

just been for a spin to see some snow .. an inch at the top of Rehaghy mountain..170m .. even made a snowball .. so be glad of what you have .!!

Posted

Disaster! The local pub has closed for the night because of the weather. We went out for a walk in the snow and a dram and it's shut. On the way down the hill met many disappointed people out on the same mission. Amazing sights outside, and its still snowing.

Posted

Disaster! The local pub has closed for the night because of the weather. We went out for a walk in the snow and a dram and it's shut. On the way down the hill met many disappointed people out on the same mission. Amazing sights outside, and its still snowing.

I think I know the pub you're talking about .... Would be so cosy on a night like this. I used to go there quite a bit.

Posted

snow stopped now and left a patchy covering. temp 0.5c. a touch colder and it could have been epic.

Posted

Still snowing over 15 hours since it started, I tried posting some Pics but it wouldn't let me.

Awh would love to see ....

Posted

Been a long time since I've posted in here. Hope you're all well! Still reading away. Great day for the white stuff. And looks like more to come before the nights out!

Still snowing over 15 hours since it started, I tried posting some Pics but it wouldn't let me.

Tried posting one too and it didn't happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17342-img00063-20130121-2214/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17341-img00064-20130121-2214/

Had some fun in the snow tonight! It stopped snowing around an hour and a half ago or so ago but has just started to sprinkle down again.

Posted

Been a long time since I've posted in here. Hope you're all well! Still reading away. Great day for the white stuff. And looks like more to come before the nights out!

Tried posting one too and it didn't happen.

Are yous resizing the pictures so that Netweather will support them. I resize my pics to around 800x400 then attach them. Should work fine.

Posted

Well I found out netweather had its own gallery. Was uploading them all to my own site previously and wondered why they never showed as thumbnails. /do'h I had no problem uploading mine but I took them on my blackberry so they were only small pics.

The snow right now is heavy again :D giant flakes falling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

rain and sleet here all day. good to hear some exceptional falls not far away. Wonder if it'll change to snow here at all.

Posted

Well I found out netweather had its own gallery. Was uploading them all to my own site previously and wondered why they never showed as thumbnails. /do'h I had no problem uploading mine but I took them on my blackberry so they were only small pics.

The snow right now is heavy again :D giant flakes falling!

Where aboutsnin Belfast are you?

I'm up Castlereagh ... Still snowing...not as heavy but still going

Posted

Where aboutsnin Belfast are you?

I'm up Castlereagh ... Still snowing...not as heavy but still going

I'm at the top of Castlereagh road, just off the carridge way. its a steep hill I am up though.

Edit: I was gonna take a pic out my back window looking down over belfast but the house below me has their blinds open a bit soo I can't exactly do that right now :p But I will do it tomorrow if I get the chance.

Edited by cue_killar

Posted

I'm at the top of Castlereagh road, just off the carridge way. its a steep hill I am up though.

Edit: I was gonna take a pic out my back window looking down over belfast but the house below me has their blinds open a bit soo I can't exactly do that right now :p But I will do it tomorrow if I get the chance.

Awh that's about a mins drive from me. I'm just on up the Ballygowan Road on left after power station. I know a few steep hills aroun the carriageway area. Think I have an idea of where you mean.

There's quite a few of us in a miles radius. Very cool.

Snowing here still. I'm on a steep hill too so car is abandoned at the bottom and no cars have been venturing down my street.

Exciting. Loving this.

Ill stick a few pictures up once I'm on the laptop. Just on the mobile right now but about to watch a movie so will get some loaded up if I can figure it out. :D

Posted

Awh that's about a mins drive from me. I'm just on up the Ballygowan Road on left after power station. I know a few steep hills aroun the carriageway area. Think I have an idea of where you mean.

There's quite a few of us in a miles radius. Very cool.

Snowing here still. I'm on a steep hill too so car is abandoned at the bottom and no cars have been venturing down my street.

Exciting. Loving this.

Ill stick a few pictures up once I'm on the laptop. Just on the mobile right now but about to watch a movie so will get some loaded up if I can figure it out. biggrin.png

Yea your just parallel with me on the other side of the road then, about a 5-10 mins walk away :p

Posted

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17355-photo/

Let's see if that worked ..

That was this evening at about 8.15 or so ... attempted to get up the hill, but got a new car and it's an automatic and I struggled - I'm normally a very competent and confident driver ... Edited by snowydog

Posted

Well, I can't hear any traffic moving. Don't know what overnight temp was (sensor disappeared from garden) though now circa 1C according to xc's reading for Aldergrove . Cloud overhead and radar shows ppn on its way. More snow? Looks as if the main body of it is going to the north of Belfast this time.