Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Left work at 3 got home at 5.30. Normally a 45 min journey.Snowing again now. As for Sunday wow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Off to the Pointer now! biggrin.png

Marvellous....have a lovely evening Steve

...all but one of my clients got here today and I've just finished the last one, I'm not going out but it's deffo Mulled wine O'clock here drinks.gif

Just looked out and it's snowing quite heavily here again having eased off for a bit earlier,,,,I wonder how much I will wake up to in the morning !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Yes I do reckon the Met office atm are being very conservative in regards to Sunday. If current output persists regarding Sunday in the morning, I'd expect warnings to expand across the entire region tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Braintreesnowsheild at 1000000000000000000000% doh.gif Had snowier days in july! Oh well, bring on Sunday huh.png

Oh, and got in from work to find 2 nice chaps trying to break into my house (so please excuse my mardy mood!)

Edited by scotteboi

Posted

Snow stil coming down here, abeit lightly but probably at a rate of half a cm an hour or something so not going to complain if it keeps up for a few hours.

Posted

Yes I do reckon the Met office atm are being very conservative in regards to Sunday. If current output persists regarding Sunday in the morning, I'd expect warnings to expand across the entire region tomorrow.

How did you do today Ben? Seems to be a lot of different amounts a couple of miles apart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Is it me or is that heavier area over Peterborough now expanding? Looking like Norwich could be see yet more snow in the next hour or two.

Posted

Remarkable that again just 10 or so miles away from that snow south of here, but its not managing to get here.

Enjoyable day but shows how close you can come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Marvellous....have a lovely evening Steve

...all but one of my clients got here today and I've just finished the last one, I'm not going out but it's deffo Mulled wine O'clock here drinks.gif

Just looked out and it's snowing quite heavily here again having eased off for a bit earlier,,,,I wonder how much I will wake up to in the morning !

About 11" lol

Posted

How did you do today Ben? Seems to be a lot of different amounts a couple of miles apart

Only about 1-1.5cm on the ground at the moment. Some light snow possible through tonight I would of thought but as for more significant snowfall, looking to Sunday now! How did you do?

Posted

Still snowing in Luton, more than 5 inch on the ground.

Temp: -3

My weather app says that it's going to snow in Luton till Monday.

Not even close to 5ins - more like 5cm. 5ins is around 12.5cm.

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted

Only about 1-1.5cm on the ground at the moment. Some light snow possible through tonight I would of thought but as for more significant snowfall, looking to Sunday now! How did you do?

Around the same, looks to be a few more showers on the radar but not holding much hope they'll make it here, Sunday looks good so far, just hope the models keep in agreement!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Braintreesnowsheild at 1000000000000000000000% doh.gif Had snowier days in july! Oh well, bring on Sunday huh.png

Oh, and got in from work to find 2 nice chaps trying to break into my house (so please excuse my mardy mood!)

My next door neighbours had an attempted break in the other day. A lot of *insert expletive* around in Braintree

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Is it me or is that heavier area over Peterborough now expanding? Looking like Norwich could be see yet more snow in the next hour or two.

Yes good spot, have not looked at the radar for a few hours lol. We've had very light snow all day not even worth talking about haha, but I ain't complaining because we have more than enough already

Edited by Chris D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Not even close to 5ins - more like 5cm. 5ins is around 12.5cm.

well i can confirm that in my garden there is currently 2inchs of snow that has fallen since 9am.

I'm near Barton Hills.

It did stop but has started again and seems to be coming down more now.

Posted

Hopefully Norwich get no more snow for another decade. Greedy lot they are blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

very very light snow here x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

The radar shows snow here now. It's not snowing though. Just about sums today up really!!

I went through the same last night, right under a big blob for ages last night and nothing falling from the sky!

Hope you get some soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
You know what? For the first time today, I think that we might be in for some snow tonight. Radar showing up ppn over SE counties and it's heading this way. Okay, so this is my last post before several pints of Black Sheep.

trying to decide painkillers due at 8 with diazipam or red wine???