Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

I went through the same last night, right under a big blob for ages last night and nothing falling from the sky!

Hope you get some soon.

Thanks! It's just so frustrating watching the radar show nothing all day then when it does finally show something; still nothing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Essex literally seems to have had a snow shield up all day.

Yeah it's quite interesting really, at work today we were getting snow reports from pretty much 360 degrees around us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Where is the best place to take a measurement?

On a patio, table...generally a flat surface.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Where is the best place to take a measurement?

I took my measurement from the middle of my garden and also the pavement outside. They both gave the same measurement of 2inchs. Also the kids plastic climbing thingy lol

hth good.gif

Edited by PurpleButterfly

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Sorry to be one of those people... but seriously, glad i didn't get my hopes up about today. incredibly disspointing. However, still another 6 hours of forecast snow apparently so can see :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

trying to decide painkillers due at 8 with diazipam or red wine???

Not doing to well Floaty.?. Awful what happened. Shouldn't say really but if you feel like a glass for medicinal purposes (go for it).

Posted

very poor focasting and ramping today, the only thing they got right is the wind..poor radar as well, still showing something above me , but nothing. Also it was forcasted to stay below freezing, well its 2c at the moment and rising...its all over .

Posted

Sorry to be one of those people... but seriously, glad i didn't get my hopes up about today. incredibly disspointing. However, still another 6 hours of forecast snow apparently so can see smile.png

Was never much due in Essex till this evening/overnight ??

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/18/basis12/nweu/prty/13011900_1812.gif

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/18/basis12/nweu/prty/13011906_1812.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Not doing to well Floaty.?. Awful what happened. Shouldn't say really but if you feel like a glass for medicinal purposes (go for it).

I once twisted my ankle badly one day, the same day I was due to go out that night, after I got royally f****d I couldn't the pain anymore, alcohol is the best medcine going!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better
This should make a few of you smile while waiting for the radar to refresh :)

Posted

very poor focasting and ramping today, the only thing they got right is the wind..poor radar as well, still showing something above me , but nothing. Also it was forcasted to stay below freezing, well its 2c at the moment and rising...its all over .

Nonsense the forecast was spot on as were the warning. Amber almost to the mile correct on where heaviest would happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

My next door neighbours had an attempted break in the other day. A lot of *insert expletive* around in Braintree

I make you right! Well at least they didnt get in....not that theres owt wirth nicking!!!

Im looking forward to Sunday now.....bring it on!! good.gif

Posted

You sure.?

Clacton-on-Sea

Current conditions

+0 °C

w135.gif 9 m/s

Cloudy

Feels Like: -7°

Barometer: 999.0 hPa

Dewpoint: -4°

Humidity: 74.3%

Visibility: 8 km

This should make a few of you smile while waiting for the radar to refresh smile.png

My wife showed me this last night. Very funny.

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Nonsense the forecast was spot on as were the warning. Amber almost to the mile correct on where heaviest would happen.

Well it may have been for your area, the nearest snow to me was 50 miles away, ramping on local radio about how much we are going to get, yellow warning, should have been green, then up poped a radio warning, that the heaviset snow was going to be between 4pm and 7pm..and nothing ..well thats past...bad in my books...sorry

Posted

You sure.?

Clacton-on-Sea

Current conditions

+0 °C

w135.gif 9 m/s

Cloudy

Feels Like: -7°

Barometer: 999.0 hPa

Dewpoint: -4°

Humidity: 74.3%

Visibility: 8 km

My wife showed me this last night. Very funny.

1.5°C RISING Wind Chill: -0.2°C Dew Point -2.0°C Wet Bulb:

0.2°C

Weely weather station...19.00pm

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Thought it had stopped, just stuck head out of the window after dinner and it's snowing again moderately. 11.5cm now and still rising slowly. Those folks in the East / Essex keep an eye on the area over Kent & the showers to the SE in the North Sea. Looks like they follow the direction if the wind so heading northwards towards the coast.

Posted

This sums up todays events

Rain Today: 0.0 mm Last Hour: 0.0 mm Rain Yesterday: 0.5 mm January Total: 10.9 mm Seasonal Total: 10.9 mm Snow Depth: 0 cm Humidity: 78%

Posted

Well it may have been for your area, the nearest snow to me was 50 miles away, ramping on local radio about how much we are going to get, yellow warning, should have been green, then up poped a radio warning, that the heaviset snow was going to be between 4pm and 7pm..and nothing ..well thats past...bad in my books...sorry

We have all been there GAZ, as for its "over" , Its just the beginning. I would not be so down beat just yet.

Posted

No my location had only 1cm. We were about 10 miles from heavier PPN all day, such as also right now.

Met Amber warning said this would be the borderline location and appeared true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

This sums up todays events

Rain Today: 0.0 mm Last Hour: 0.0 mm Rain Yesterday: 0.5 mm January Total: 10.9 mm Seasonal Total: 10.9 mm Snow Depth: 0 cm Humidity: 78%

Mate, the way I see it is you live by the coast so you have got it sorted 70% of the year, I live the furthest away from the coast as

you can get but for the other 30% of the year get some good snow. Anyway lets see what Sunday brings for you good.gif

Edited by shotski