Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Seems odd but then again it is very light and patchy yet on the leading edge.

Yes, getting a slight dusting here now over the slight dusting from last night. Exciting times.

Posted

Morning all. Are we game on here then?

Things are looking promising. Light snow falling here :)

Posted

The front is 2 hours earlier than expected and it's much stronger than I anticipated. Play the radar loop, it's having no problems moving against the block, the air isn't so dry after all. This is looking good. biggrin.png

you see, last night you where panicking over nothing, i tried saying all day , we'll be fine today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

you see, last night you where panicking over nothing, i tried saying all day , we'll be fine today

True! Didn't expect this, but then the radar echoes don't represent what's falling, snow has gone quite light here again.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

What bout me hc im very anxious will it make it past the m62

Posted

Things are looking promising. Light snow falling here smile.png

only really on the northern extent of the front, it's already pepping up insanely to the south, and it will just head for us all day long.. i'm more interested in the heavier dark red stuff..the wind is just blowing the snow everywhere, could do with the wind calming a little

Posted

HERE GOESSSSSSS, big flakes now! Come on. :D

Posted

I did a quick comparison of the 00Z precip charts versus the observed charts at daft o'clock this morning when I couldn't sleep with excitement if anyone's missed and might be interested:

http://forum.netweat...00#entry2524545

Basically shows that the first couple of frames of the GFS 00Z were pretty close to the actual precip. thus building confidence in it's short term output. It remains to be seen if the longer term output in the next 12 hours will continue to match but may add some hope that the GFS may just have edged the UKMET on this occasion!

Posted

True! Didn't expect this, but then the radar echoes don't represent what's falling, snow has gone quite light here again.

i imagine the fact is it will be a complete day like this. watch the totals pile up though in a relatively short period of time.

Posted

Quite surprising the relentless March north of the precipitation, unless it comes crashing into the block, signs are looking good for some decent snow coverage in the north west

Posted

only really on the northern extent of the front, it's already pepping up insanely to the south, and it will just head for us all day long.. i'm more interested in the heavier dark red stuff..the wind is just blowing the snow everywhere, could do with the wind calming a little

True, a lot of energy being injected from the SW here. Could turn out with us getting an upgraded warning at this rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

I am so suprised by the steady advancment of this front this morning, so far there is no stalling, c'mon keep coming, we wont bite, dont be shy! ;)

Posted

i imagine the fact is it will be a complete day like this. watch the totals pile up though in a relatively short period of time.

Scratch that! Heavy snow, 10p flakes!

Posted

Well at least we can say Matt Hugo & Ian F as much as we appreciate their input got this wrong, that front will push even further and stall over us, tons of snow for the North West, BBC, Met O - you were wrong!

Posted

I am so suprised by the steady advancment of this front this morning, so far there is no stalling, c'mon keep coming, we wont bite, dont be shy! ;)

Haha! It should stall soon as it meets that block full on but even if it does not were in for a dumping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Still snowing steadily, coming up on half a CM now. I've got my ruler, how sad can you get!

Posted

I am so suprised by the steady advancment of this front this morning, so far there is no stalling, c'mon keep coming, we wont bite, dont be shy! tease.gif

fingers crossed mate!

As usual we dont look to be in the sweet spot...but looks like were going to do better than normal?

Edited by chris78

Posted

:(