Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z Onwards

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Do you know whether Lyneham Banks is passable at the mo? Gotta get across to Calne from here in Somerfords a bit later. Guessing it might be a bit dodge. 12cm level lying presently, still snowing and blowing around nicely too. Not as good as mid December 2010 but most acceptable all the same.

I don't know whether or not that road was gritted to be honest. Personally I wouldn't risk it as you could end up sideways sliding into one of the fields!

Posted

Raps, can you give us a bit more information. Any precise readings around your neck of the woods. The radar suggests things are easing of that way, bar a few beefy showers, but I don't think things are as simple as that.

Well still heavy snow here for me which is strange as like you say should be easing, Pressure is stall falling very fast, now 996.1 / -1.4mb/hr, big jump in temerature in poole harbour 1.6oc and DP 1.6, cant see it lasting as snow much longer for that kneck of the woods, but with pressure dropping we could be seeing a few developments, Just need those temps to get back down. But my fear is that a warm front is now passing through.

Posted

Defo sleet poole park

Yep thought it would, you just had a massive temp increase there by 1oc in DP and 1.6oc

First signs of this turning to rain for us in this area im afraid, just waiting for it to hit here now keeping an eye on springbourne now weather station now too

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

W COUNTRY As well as substantial ice hazard over weekend, need to be mindful of poss further snow Wilts Sunday & possibly elsewhere Mon/Tues

RAMPPPPPPPPPPP

Would be great if we could see another substantial topup by tuesday I'd hate to see anything green now until at least february w00t.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Im the other side of portsmouth to you Rapodo - snow started coming down heavier again now in bigger flakes, was very small flakes for last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Snow is melting faster than its settling. Snowing hard, snow level dropping!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Still light here but there's some very large flakes mixed in with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

snowing here in havant again modrate falls again.

i did think there was risidual energy in the channel and to our west its fairly common in this setup when we get this setup that the channel can build and pep up again even produce secondry features.

Posted

Im the other side of portsmouth to you Rapodo - snow started coming down heavier again now in bigger flakes, was very small flakes for last hour or so.

Yeh you should still have snow for some time yet!! Still snow in Kinson, Bournemouth, But sleet in poole, will be rain there soon if the temp dont drop again, Just hope its a small warm front passing

W COUNTRY As well as substantial ice hazard over weekend, need to be mindful of poss further snow Wilts Sunday & possibly elsewhere Mon/Tues

Get your shovels ready, we'll be digging our way out of our homes come Monday!rofl.gif

Still -1.4. Can't see any significant melting happening before Monday myself.

Posted

Sorry if this has been posted, just cannot keep up in here today! Aha!

GFS picking up on another band of Snow moving in from a developing surface Low on Sunday. From looking at the models, anywhere East of Bournemouth/Swindon line are looking likely to be effected at this stage.

post-9530-0-89275300-1358513180_thumb.pn

Amounts uncertain as well as the Westwards extent.

SM

Posted

Here we go, Springbourne now jumping up, Oh well, see you soon snow, Think its game over for us down here for now!! Till later or tomorrow!

If we can just hold on it might not turn to rain but its on a knife edge now!

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17046-snow-drift-shaftesbury/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17045-gold-hill-snow-boarding/

Just popped into middle of Shaftesbury, kids having fun on Gold hill! The snow is starting to make some nice drifts and that wind is bitterly cold!

Posted

Light snow in Gosport but radar shows another band coming in, strangely the clouds are coming from east south east delivering the precip, must be a pivot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Stopped snowing temps 0.9c Satellite dish thawed out,

Posted

Keeping a very close on the weather stations right now, hold on tight!! Need the wind to pick up a bit more from the east!

Springbourne now shooting up but poole seems to have stabled at 1.6oc DP 1.6 May just be a passing warm front! I hope!

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some really good photos being posted folks, keep up the good stuff! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm in Downton working, heavy burst followed by heavy burst all morning, about 6 inches at least on car park floor