Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z Onwards

Jane Louise

Posted

3 to 4 inches in Coalpit Heath.

Very nice, indeed!

Posted

This will be a welcome sight for those wanting more snow in the sw, the low from France travelling up nw and about to hit our area again, roll on the nae to t72 and it would be 5-10cm. Sunday here.

post-6326-0-10967000-1358522640_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Nice one andy,warminster, same here, this pic was this morning but had another inch id say during today.

post-13809-0-49229300-1358522801_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

#

So So sorry rollercoaster... sending hugs. RIP Wizzy. sorry.gif

thank you so much i know its not really the place to broadcast it but some of my fondest memories are of me and my dog and my two children out in the snow 13 years old he seen some magical snowfall used to jump up and catch them.

he nearly got lost today in the snow and even left a suprise on the vet floor i love him so much.

but hey hes my lil snow god now x still snow grains here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

This will be a welcome sight for those wanting more snow in the sw, the low from France travelling up nw and about to hit our area again, roll on the nae to t72 and it would be 5-10cm. Sunday here.

Hope that westerly trend continues, mind you the forecast I've seen which covers Sunday's possible snow shows it well to east and not affecting our region at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Wow this could turn out to be a good few days ahead if this verifies. air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Sky looking really dark over south/east of the isle of wight at the mo good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Right now, it's the warmest it has been all day.

I suspect that trend will continue, it would fall inline with the Met Office 'ice' warnings that don't cover me.

Posted

And to add to what the Devizes and Swindon folk have noted, yes, it is still snowing in Marlborough, and yes, it has recently become pretty heavy again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Smartie, yes i agree, louis lear just said only affecting east of country but as we all know things can change even at 12 hrs ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The NAE shows the South and South West getting attacked from each side. We have a low going north west out of France, and a front coming up from the South West;

post-12721-0-57265100-1358523112_thumb.j

How much further the low from France gets I don't know, as its likely to be slowed down by the front pushing up from the SW

Will be interesting to see how the NAE develops this over the next 24 hours.

Posted

Still snowing in Thatcham, radar suggests another dumping in next hour heading over from Swindon

do you no if it will be coming over north hampshire your only up the road ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Just driven from Christchurch to Ashley. We have about two centre meters they have four inches. The difference is amazing. Just those few miles in land. New forest look beautiful.

Edited by That ECM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Hasnt stopped snowing here since around 6 this morning, between 6 and 7 there was only half a cm, but between 8-10am it pelted it down bringing us up to 7cm, since then it has been moderate or light all day and we are sitting at 12cm! A very good event here, only topped by 16cm in Dec 2010.

Posted

thank you so much i know its not really the place to broadcast it but some of my fondest memories are of me and my dog and my two children out in the snow 13 years old he seen some magical snowfall used to jump up and catch them.

he nearly got lost today in the snow and even left a suprise on the vet floor i love him so much.

but hey hes my lil snow god now x still snow grains here now.

Awww there's nothing worse than losing a faithful pet - at least he had a bit of snow to send him on his peaceful way.

6 degrees here and a sniff of rain. Bit boring really compared to all your tales of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well i just come back from the vets bit upset my dog had to be put to sleep broke my heart.

but already foot print holes have yet another dusting on top moderate snow grains falling at a moderate rate with wind driving it rather shocked because i thought this was the end of the event but clearly there is some residule engery left here and there.

rest in peace my wizzy on this snowy day x

just seen this....really sorry about your news MR, we lost our Yorkie last year, so know what you're going through sad.png

Posted

Hasnt stopped snowing here since around 6 this morning, between 6 and 7 there was only half a cm, but between 8-10am it pelted it down bringing us up to 7cm, since then it has been moderate or light all day and we are sitting at 12cm! A very good event here, only topped by 16cm in Dec 2010.

Yes and no sign of any thaw as far I can see eded and there is only an hour of so of daylight left so will probably be pretty crisp in the morning. Thinking ahead slightly, if we have the light snow forecasted for tomorrow and catch Sunday's event, goodness knows how many cm's we will reach. Normally play golf at Rowland's on s Sunday but not looking good this weekend old son!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Almost stopped here although we may get a bit more later if that area over Salisbury way

heads east. We have 12cms - 5 inches. Temp falling again now -1.3C

Posted

I must say the 'quality' of the snow is not the same as it is when it comes from the east. Its much wetter and mushy. Started to all from trees now. Hope some lasts for a photo trip tomorrow!