Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted

After a day of snow fall it turns to drizzle and we end up with with about 2cm less than we started with and a lot of clear spots sad.png

One of the most dissapointing 'snow' days I can remember.

Edited by Essan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

It's been snowing here for hours now but hasn't amounted to much (not that I'm complaining). However, just when it look like it was dying out, it's pepped up over the past 20 minutes or so and I think it's the heaviest snow of the day now.

Posted

Its been snowing here for hours and added 5/6cms :D on top of the 10 or so we had

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Well this has been awesome today. At least as much as on Friday with still more to come. I haven't seen any sign of a thaw either. Some of you guys have been very unlucky. I guess it's down to altitude. It's still barreling down now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Every time i look at the forecast the snow stays in the midlands longer and longer its looking very good.

Posted

This started at about 8:45 this morning and, with a very brief exception around midday, has continued ever since. Once it got going again, the snow this afternoon has certainly been a lot heavier. We're now back to the total we had on Friday evening - very satisfactory overall good.gif

Temp is currently -1.4, with a DP of -1.2

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Hhmmmm still very light but temp must have dropped as its now starting to cover in places where Tarmac was showing, would really love to know how long this is going to stay around for!

Posted

I'd often wondered what it must be like to be stuck under a Wash Streamer. Although that's not what we've experienced today (obviously), the effect has been much the same i.e. stuck under a relatively narrow conveyor belt of constant snow from the east :)

Bish

Posted

Hhmmmm still very light but temp must have dropped as its now starting to cover in places where Tarmac was showing, would really love to know how long this is going to stay around for!

You're pretty much down to zero now as well:

http://www.metnet.co.uk/

Bish

Posted

It's hard to say how much snow we've had so far today

Almost 7 hours straight snow now (so longer than Friday!)

I'd say the deepest in the garden is at 4 inches, today has just piled on top

Where the thaw has happened on the roads ad paths and other parts probably 0.5/1 cm

Lots more to come!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Just been outside to try and measure snow, but really tough due to drifting and having a slopey lawn. Cleared large front driveway today which nearly killed me, snow was several inches thick. Out in back garden we have around 10cms a foot or so from the house, around 20cms in the middle of our trampoline, closer to 18cms in back garden. Still snowing here and has been since about 9.

Posted

I cleared my drive again, it is getting hard to find where to put all the snow, I had cleared it after friday so all new, 4 cm of fresh snow and the drive is already covered again. Still snowing here, wetter feel than friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

fresh snowfall here, after light snow all day, but not managed to get heavy stuff at all, feel I wont either, but as forecast just very light snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I'd often wondered what it must be like to be stuck under a Wash Streamer. Although that's not what we've experienced today (obviously), the effect has been much the same i.e. stuck under a relatively narrow conveyor belt of constant snow from the east smile.png

Bish

Yes this central strip of the Midlands has been in the sweet spot.Here too i have had snow since around 8am another 8cms on top of Fridays 10cm so this is most unexpected.

Wonderful stuff!

Posted

Had fresh snowfall of 6 cm today since 8.45am still snowing with heavier bursts now surprising :)

Posted

Still snizzly light snow here but redusting the roads after a slight thaw earlier, back down to freezing finally now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Although its snowed all day, from light to heavy, it's not settled here if anything had slight thaw, however if temps drop it will be lethal in the morning.....