Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Very light but persistent snow here in Bewdley now, but the temp has fallen to +0.2 °C so there's no more dripping to be heard* and it's settling on cars and ungritted tarmac again. Probably about 1 cm new cover from today's snow.

* Well, except from next door's roof, and that's creating some nice icicles so I can live with it! blum.gif

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Latest radar suggests this band of snow is very slow moving and the NAE shows still light snow at midnight for many of us.

http://www.weatherca...ed-kingdom.html

post-2026-0-56011000-1358695228_thumb.gi

and the Met O warning updated a little earlier suggests more hours of this to come.

Issued at: 1218 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

Valid from: 1200 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

A band of snow is spreading northwards across parts of southeastern and eastern England, as well as the Midlands and will reach parts of north Wales and northeast England during Sunday afternoon and evening. This will bring accumulations of 2-5 cm snow to some areas, and perhaps in excess of 8 cm towards coastal counties of southeast and eastern England. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

This warning has been updated to include more of northeast Wales, the Midlands up to parts of Yorkshire.

http://www.metoffice...Time=1358596860

A much better event than many of us expected!

Posted

Heaviest of the snow over western Shropshire for once e.g Shrewsbury which is nice to see as you guys suffer even worse than us in Telford usually :lol:

Am slightly jealous! just snizzly polystyrene balls here.

Cheers mate :)

Yeah it's piling down atm tiny flakes but it's all good!

Looking at our respective forecasts it seems we'll have heavy till midnight, you guys just light so hopefully it'll improve for you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Count your self lucky here in stoke we have only had light snow on and off:(

Posted

Count your self lucky here in stoke we have only had light snow on and off:(

huge contrast between north and south stoke. we had light to moderate snow since 9.30am. the band is just clipping us.

hoping it will edge northwards about 10-20 miles soon.

Posted

How great is it to see the kids enjoying themselves though? :)

Growing up in the 90's 00's we were lucky to get snow like this for a single day a winter up here, some winters none at all

09 onwards really has been much better and it's great to see snowmen and sledging and people having fun :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or hot

Well here in Evesham it's been snowing since 9am but thawing at the same time and this orange thing in the sky keeps trying ti poke it's head out! Hoping for it to cool a bit tonight and hhopefully get some heavier flurries.

Posted

How great is it to see the kids enjoying themselves though? smile.png

Growing up in the 90's 00's we were lucky to get snow like this for a single day a winter up here, some winters none at all

09 onwards really has been much better and it's great to see snowmen and sledging and people having fun smile.png

Yes there were several years with little or no lying snow in Shrewsbury in the 90s and early 00s; certainly anyone born round here around 1996 or 97 hardly saw any decent snow till they were about 10!

Posted

Yes there were several years with little or no lying snow in Shrewsbury in the 90s and early 00s; certainly anyone born round here around 1996 or 97 hardly saw any decent snow till they were about 10!

I was born 1993 can't remember many good ones before 09, obviously there will be some but I was too young to remember!

Edited by we_want_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Had about another 5cm here falling heavily still, and a few cm on the roads also, i dont think i will be at work tomoz lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The band is getting narrower isn't it? Two schools in warks shut tomorrow now. One actually shut both Monday and Tuesday!

Posted

Still coming down and still more to come!

My garden table is certainly out of use right now!

post-6826-0-37875500-1358697682_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Wow, this is brilliant! Every year, the snow has just missed us but we have hit the bullseye this year. There's currently a conveyor belt of snow headed our way for the next few hrs at least and the roads are all completely covered again. This has been my best winter for the past 10 years plus! No day off work tomorrow as I live so close but it'll be great to get loads done as it'll be quiet and I can keep looking out at all that lovely snow while I'm doing it.

Posted

This week has been amazing for snow. 3 snow events in 7 days can't be bad!

Edited by Adzyy

Posted

Wow, this is brilliant! Every year, the snow has just missed us but we have hit the bullseye this year. There's currently a conveyor belt of snow headed our way for the next few hrs at least and the roads are all completely covered again. This has been my best winter for the past 10 years plus! No day off work tomorrow as I live so close but it'll be great to get loads done as it'll be quiet and I can keep looking out at all that lovely snow while I'm doing it.

Great, isn't it? I'm nottoo far from you, over the border in Hinckley, and we've been extremely lucky. As you say the radar shows the stuff being chucked at us from the east for some time yet.

Edited by Coventry Lee

Posted

Great, isn't it? I'm nottoo far from you, over the border in Hinckley, and we've been extremely lucky. As you say the radar shows the stuff being chucked at us from the east for some time yet.

And it's made it past Birmingham to us this time as well. For once, it hasn't mattered which side of Birmingham you're on!