Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow,,,hot sun and thunderstorms in summer

snowing heavier know long may it continue

Posted

This is so unfair. All that snow is skirting south of here. Wonder if it's the power station at Ratcliffe-on-Soar's fault?

Posted

Based at my in-laws in Leicester on a road Andy knows well. Was hoping to head back tonight but this road alone is impassable. Due to head to Coalville in the morning - not sure how easy thats going to be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This is so unfair. All that snow is skirting south of here. Wonder if it's the power station at Ratcliffe-on-Soar's fault?

Just had a look at the radar snow is due to hit Nottingham at around 16:30

Popped in here as I'm awaiting the snow in the NE would I be right in saying its moving very slowly?

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Based at my in-laws in Leicester on a road Andy knows well. Was hoping to head back tonight but this road alone is impassable. Due to head to Coalville in the morning - not sure how easy thats going to be!

Good ol Fernhurst! Lived at number 11 until June, we had to sell up as my Nan owned it and moved into a care home. I bet the road is actually impossible to drive up today. I'm not too far away from there now though, just next to Western Park. The snow is just relentless, there's been no let up since it started around 10am! If this carries on it will end up being a better event than Friday and Friday was a superb event.

Posted

How frustrating is that stubborn, wavy approaching front for Nottingham folk. Something similar happened on Friday, until the system pivoted and headed north. Still, we'll be getting the heavy stuff long after its cleared Leicester!

Posted

Come along the A6 through Loughborough ...just wet and sleety here..roads are clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

still snowing moderately here in northampton town, 7 hours now. all day snow giving us another inch of snow. yay!!!

Posted

hey everyone! No snow here in long Eaton yet, but I'm hoping, anyone got any idea if I will see any tonight and how much? I had been expecting it to snow from about lunchtime!

Posted

A good 5cms now so far today. On top of 10cms already its turning out to be fantastic for an area that usually just misses out from any direction being dead centre of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Finer now and less intense, extremely small particle stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

the past few days has been fantastic for us in northampton. never thought it would last all day here today....and there's still the rest of this week to go.

Posted

Good ol Fernhurst! Lived at number 11 until June, we had to sell up as my Nan owned it and moved into a care home. I bet the road is actually impossible to drive up today. I'm not too far away from there now though, just next to Western Park. The snow is just relentless, there's been no let up since it started around 10am! If this carries on it will end up being a better event than Friday and Friday was a superb event.

I've been here 3 hours and one 4x4 has gone by in all that time. Kingway was startingto struggle when I arrived, not been out yet to take a look, will head to Mossdale with dogs later. Did think the snow has lost a little intensity in last 10 mins or so?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A couple of pics from Hinckley at 16.05. Some accumulation since Friday, but not as much as I might of expected considering its been snowing since 9 this morning.

The temperature is still holding at just below zero, but they should start to drop soon

post-19272-0-11975200-1358698480_thumb.j

post-19272-0-15642700-1358698534_thumb.j

Posted

A couple of pics from Hinckley at 16.05. Some accumulation since Friday, but not as much as I might of expected considering its been snowing since 9 this morning.

The temperature is still holding at just below zero, but they should start to drop soon

We've had at least 5cms. At least on top of the car there is.

Posted

Looks like things may die Down slightly soon towards the west. However a decent fall here regardless been in the heavier precip now for quite a while :D

You can see here... Postcode le10

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Near ST Neots here near the A1 and its been snowing all day long, the thing is there is absolutely no wind here now whatsoever, so its northerly track has got to be very slow and it looks like we could have it all night into the early morning?

Posted

Watching it move north is like pulling teeth.

Is it moving North?

it seems stuck, over all so far this cold spell/snowy spell appears to have been someewhat overhyped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

It's still falling here as consistently as it has been through the whole day. A further 3" added so far today (looks like maybe 4" where it has drifted slightly), hopefully more to come to add to our 1' of lying snow (where it had not been cleared from Friday's event) :)