Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

I not sure how reliable they are generally but they've been petty good over the last few days. There still looks to be quite a but coming down, it's just finer stuff. I'll take this as a lull. :D

The last few radar returns don't look particuarly encouraging tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I wonder if, due to the fact its northward progress is so painfully snow, whether it will stick over us for longer when it finally gets here. Or will it then suddenly get a kick up the abcdefg and shift north at a remarkable pace as soon as the first flakes fall here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

They don't do they? dry.png Starting to fizzle out over Leicestershire with a gap opening up.

Posted

I'm content as it is now. I'll happily accept more but if it doesn't come, it doesn't come. We've done extremely well.

Edited by Coventry Lee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I say it'll get worse again within 2 hours. Atleast, that is what I hope.

See that huge green blob out to see ? Yeah ? well that entire thing is going to be blown in by those strong winds posted a few posts back :D This is what i'm dreaming will happen, haha.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Not seen a flake all day here in North Nottssorry.gif Are we likely to see anything as haven't seen the news today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Some intensification now on the Northern edge of the band around The Wash. Looks good for Lincoln and East Nottinghamshire (Polar Low's territory) soon.

Posted

I say it'll get worse again within 2 hours. Atleast, that is what I hope.

See that huge green blob out to see ? Yeah ? well that entire thing is going to be blown in by those strong winds posted a few posts back :D This is what i'm dreaming will happen, haha.

Yup it does look like we will see a little but more!!the batch in east anglia is coming our way!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not seen a flake all day here in North Nottssorry.gif Are we likely to see anything as haven't seen the news today!

I don't think this is our day for snow i'm afraid. It looks better to the north of us overnight tonight, and obviously the south of us has had quite a bit today - but BBC/Met Office/GFS/NAE et al do not show much for us. Not sure how its happened, I suppose just look of the drawer (or lack of it today). I would love to be proven wrong, but in all honesty I have already been proven wrong by the fact there is nothing as yet.

We can expect some overnight, but not 10cm as predicted - think 1-2cm.

Edit: sorry just read you are in North Notts - i was assuming you lived in Notts because of your name. Ignore me, North Notts should be okay as you are far enough away from the Derby/Notts snow shield lol

Edited by Supacell

Posted

I think that the snow debt that was taken out in 1990 has finally been paid off and the areas of the Midlands that are getting hammered atm deserve it so badly after the past few years, I really hope you don't begrudge us....we've being rewarded for waiting 20 years without more than 2" at a time.

Posted

Well its getting heavier again in Wellingborough, this is so mad I can't believe its still going! Even the gritted road I live on is now totally covered, gritter has been down twice today too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Seems to be easing off now, but still heavier than snizzle. Hoping we get another heavy band move over us :D

Posted

The radar suggests that we've had our fun, at least for now, in the central Midlands. Absolutely no complaints from me, though. I can't see enough of what's out east to see whether any more is likely later this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

I don't think this is our day for snow i'm afraid. It looks better to the north of us overnight tonight, and obviously the south of us has had quite a bit today - but BBC/Met Office/GFS/NAE et al do not show much for us. Not sure how its happened, I suppose just look of the drawer (or lack of it today). I would love to be proven wrong, but in all honesty I have already been proven wrong by the fact there is nothing as yet.

We can expect some overnight, but not 10cm as predicted - think 1-2cm.

Edit: sorry just read you are in North Notts - i was assuming you lived in Notts because of your name. Ignore me, North Notts should be okay as you are far enough away from the Derby/Notts snow shield lol

Thanks Supacell - Fingers crossed for a top up as grass is starting to show through! rofl.gif

I live near Grantham. Orston to be accurate. What can east off notts expect tonight. I thought we were prime location but worry its missed us all and will tilt north of here.

Not sure but first snowfall of the day has just started and looks like we could have a night of it in Grantham.

Posted

I'd rather it just stop completely than have what we currently have which is so fine and wet it may as well be rain. It's going to wash away some of the snow at this rate!

Edited by SL7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I luv snow and obviously I want more, but for the last 5 days I have been looking at this forum at every spare minute, I worry it s taking over my life, when this over we may need a self help group to enable the come down!

What is really funny I can't remember how I found this website 5 years ago!

Sorry off topic

Edited by #windysnow#

Posted

As long as this wind keeps blowing in off the Wash, we should be ok, there's plenty of precipitation getting sheered away from the main band and blown over the Midlands for hours yet.....who'd have though it ay?

windmap20thj_zps6cbd8fd2.gif

here's the latest wind map.

Posted

The band of precip is still in a decent position just seems the only place wer its not to intense is our area when you view the entire front. Every chance for heavier burst as we progress through the evening before it pushes north