Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Friday 18th >>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Any gaps in the snow after today's thaw, gritting anf fun are very gradually filling up. Almost total cover again albeit thin in places. More showers please :-)

plenty of them just your donald duck whether you will see them but be unlucky not to see a few more tonight

Posted

raintoday has the north sea dying out around 1am....lets hope for a decent frost after that,,,,,nae had it pepping up midnight.....guess just keep the blinds open whilst drinking beer posting here and playing PS3 all at sametime #multitasking

Posted

raintoday has the north sea dying out around 1am....lets hope for a decent frost after that,,,,,nae had it pepping up midnight.....guess just keep the blinds open whilst drinking beer posting here and playing PS3 all at sametime #multitasking

sounds great shout to me mate, i will substiture ps3 for the erm, borrowed, xbox my son got for xmas. ;)

Posted

It's a thin cover we have but some decent snow showers around tonight and another 1 ongoing so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Any thoughts on chances for the glasgow area to get any good snowfall over the next couple of days? Don't want to get my hopes up again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

ok ive got to ask - just how accurate are the radar feeds on the like of meteoradar? two nights in a row now they tell me i should have snow - and 2 nights in a row....nothing but clear skies. theres a conspiracy lol

Any thoughts on chances for the glasgow area to get any good snowfall over the next couple of days? Don't want to get my hopes up again!

im in cumbernauld, not so far from central glasgow - and according to the radar i should be bathed in white - but alas no. defo seems that glasgow area are missing things completley. theres promise of it on monday, but as someone above mentioned - thats been the case for a while and no joy. think im resigned to having none for the mo lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

really nothn to write home about here. just waitin on mr mac coming in from work with a snow report from dunfermline then im off to the land of nod cos i dont expect wel such more snow the nite here mores the pity!lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Sorry dude. Another BS chart for me - seen this pink covered chart twice now (on different snowfall potential) and I have no reason to believe it'll be correct third time round.

Yes, usual caveats apply, and given it isn't a mesoscale model this is only really a broad brush view of the event. Not worth taking literally, but again it does highlight the potential there.

I'm almost glad that the showers have mostly passed north and south of here tonight, moving day is tomorrow! SS, you had better start locking your doors at night :rofl:

I don't think we'll have broadband for a while but I'll take plenty of pictures if we've got a lot of snow at the new house. If I'm not back on for a while then best of luck to everyone for some monster snow in the next few days :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

If I'm not back on for a while then best of luck to everyone for some monster snow in the next few days good.gif

Best of luck wih the move Catch!smile.png

Posted

good luck with the move CMD, look forward to some pictures of new gaff with loads of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Best Wishes CMD now a near neighbour lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Aye good luck Catch, it's now going to be a straight fight between you and SS to report the highest Kilter snow totals in SE Scotland. Let battle commence !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Good luck catch!

Does anyone have the link to the Norwegian weather website that shows the ppn forecast maps etc, thanks.

Posted

sounds great shout to me mate, i will substiture ps3 for the erm, borrowed, xbox my son got for xmas. tease.gif

my wife got me it last xmas as a surprise and the only time been genuinely surprised at xmas and having all girls i get it to myself :)

now on to MOTD and snow trying...looks like could get a good shower 12 - 1 if the radar is giving true readings

Posted

my wife got me it last xmas as a surprise and the only time been genuinely surprised at xmas and having all girls i get it to myself smile.png

now on to MOTD and snow trying...looks like could get a good shower 12 - 1 if the radar is giving true readings

hahaha, lucky you, i have to wait till jnr scrim hits his bed then pull out Resident 6.

so many echoes on radar recently its hard to tell but you may be right with this one.

Posted

0.2C and still very light snow. Can I squeeze an air frost before midnight?

Posted

Good luck catch!

Does anyone have the link to the Norwegian weather website that shows the ppn forecast maps etc, thanks.

http://www.yr.no/kart/#lat=65.00146&lon=19.54158&zoom=3&laga=nedb%C3%B8rskyer&proj=3575

not the one you are looking for exactly but i like this animation.... surf around from the link and u should find it