Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Friday 18th >>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

just caught bbc forecast and he said monday could be pretty horrible up here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Aberdeenshire snow shield firmly in place till Monday sad.png

Skye snawshield firmly in place........for ever! sad.png

Posted

The more horrible the better!!

Mega streamer shooting off the north of Isle of Man and funnelling out to Belfast. Looks v impressive on the radar.

Posted

Why is there a complete lack of convection from the North Sea up our way?

The only thing I can think of at the moment is the higher level of cloud cover and, probably more importantly, we are closer to the high pressure.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

I liked the hell yes opener, if it was the same one I've just seen on BBC news channel

Posted

Wind looks wrong to me, it needs to be north of east by a reasonable margin. Currently south of east which may encourage a Forth-Loch Lomond streamer. I hope I'm proved wrong...again laugh.png

I agree it wont be a streamer but might get the odd shower, although it helps I'm 12 miles north of Glasgow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Wind looks wrong to me, it needs to be north of east by a reasonable margin. Currently south of east which may encourage a Forth-Loch Lomond streamer. I hope I'm proved wrong...again laugh.png

You could be right, seems to be tracking a bit further north. From an IMBY perspective I hope it either ends up further north or a bit further south - either way one of my homes will be very snowyrofl.gif

Posted

Loving the analysis charts and science behind the Big Freeze on that show blaming this

, amazing foresight

worth more than a like... still haven't got to the end of the thread.. but I really really laughed out loud at this one, ma favorite tune has just been given a new meaning

Edited by Snooz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Just waiting for it to rain here to sum up our rotten luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

lol cheers HS but fine snow here...tis really strange we are so close as we hav great snow...whilst it melted off trees it was perfect in park and at the hill sledging....yes been out and home already smile.png kids were nitemare tho.... too tired after staying up late watching snow so ended up grumpy in it lol.... my gloves got snow in it (repeated 40 times in an hour)

chucking it down now.... not looking at radar today just gonna keep looking out window and be surprised (hopefully) as bbc did not favour us seeing much

Whiteout this morning Edo at 07.30 between Luncarty and Bankfoot as I was driving up North. Wasn't sure where I was driving - on or off road!

What's more Edo, Luncarty has the most snow between Perth and Kingussie. Amazing really!

A9 was really bad again between Luncarty and Inveralmond returning home an hour ago after the most recent blizzard.

Still terribly slushy here despite all the showers today. Sea level no good in these conditions.

Max. Temp. +2.7C at 13.10. Now +1.3C/+0.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

will this trough move back north tomorrow when mondays stuff starts moving up from the south

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Ahhh!

Good tae see that the kilted crew have kept the best O" the snaw fur the return O" Big Innes!

Almost Blizzard like conditions for a while here and two or three inches of the white stuff down now, so ahm fair chuffed noo eh.

And tae think that I was sitting in +20 C at Dubai Airport yesterday oan the way back hame.

Still trying tae get ma heid thegither.

Whit day is it noo???

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Ahhh!

Good tae see that the kilted crew have kept the best O" the snaw fur the return O" Big Innes!

Almost Blizzard like conditions for a while here and two or three inches of the white stuff down now, so ahm fair chuffed noo eh.

And tae think that I was sitting in +20 C at Dubai Airport yesterday oan the way back hame.

Whit day is it noo???

Big Innes

welcome back big innesgood.gif

Posted

Heavy shower no through, all white again, but need more for a good base fir Monday.

BFT, just back fir FVRH, and have hopefully turned the snaw shield aff, lets see what the next pulse brings.ph34r.png

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

snaw in glenrothes! niece has confirmed this by staring at the lamp post.

it is ONLY at the one lampost, but we are taking this anyway!acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Whit day is it noo???

Big Innes

Well, tomorrow is Snowday Eve, and then the day after that is Snowday. :)

Welcome back - we kept it on hold for you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

snaw in glenrothes! niece has confirmed this by staring at the lamp post.

it is ONLY at the one lampost, but we are taking this anyway!acute.gif

Convection does seem to be picking up around Fife again, showers starting to appear out of nowhere just off the coast.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

More 4 has three weather related programmes on tonight starting from 9pm. "Snowstorm: Britain's Big Freeze" is about the first week in February 2009. "Is Our Weather Getting Worse" is a look back at the weather in 2012. "The Year Britain Froze" is about November/December 2010. Should be interesting and probably will watch them at some stage but Match of the Day for me tonight - as well as reading on here.