Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Friday 18th >>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Still snaw, still steady medium flakes, main road now white.

Posted

Yay...about 1cm has just been dumped here and its still falling...

Really beefy shower just to our east now!

Edited by sn0wman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

Nothin in Cumbernauld yet....radar suggests it should be....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Whiteout this morning Edo at 07.30 between Luncarty and Bankfoot as I was driving up North. Wasn't sure where I was driving - on or off road!

What's more Edo, Luncarty has the most snow between Perth and Kingussie. Amazing really!

A9 was really bad again between Luncarty and Inveralmond returning home an hour ago after the most recent blizzard.

Still terribly slushy here despite all the showers today. Sea level no good in these conditions.

Max. Temp. +2.7C at 13.10. Now +1.3C/+0.3C

another good covering at 5pm replenished the sledging slope which took a battering today and had little snow left....had a great afternoon snowball fights with village kids and little miss edo loved sledging without a sledge as seen in pic smile.png

whats incredible is just drove 0.4 of a mile up marshall way to highest point of luncarty and they had a huge snowman yet our snow does not stick well enough to even make one.......I would say it is only around 60 - 70ft higher so as you say illustrates the importance of elevation in this set up.....

just looked at radar and north sea really pepping into life...plenty places should see decent falls....really hope BFT gets some serious snaw for such patience and nae toorping

post-15765-0-22842900-1358629363_thumb.p

Posted

EBC and meto seem to have dropped the ball on this one.

I hope for their sake they don't continue in this fashion on Monday....

Posted

The wife is working in Perth till 10pm...hope the roads back are clear.... :-(

should be ok its all clear just now....drive up a9 was hairy at 5pm during a heavy fall...... my wife out in Perth and she is a horrific driver so could do with showers holding aff till shes back smile.png

More 4 has three weather related programmes on tonight starting from 9pm. "Snowstorm: Britain's Big Freeze" is about the first week in February 2009. "Is Our Weather Getting Worse" is a look back at the weather in 2012. "The Year Britain Froze" is about November/December 2010. Should be interesting and probably will watch them at some stage but Match of the Day for me tonight - as well as reading on here.

Reading also on MOTD smile.png

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

0.7c/0.0c/E Mixture of big flakes and Hail? here. Is that something to do with the uppers?

Welcome back Big Innes!

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Ally are you out there???? Temps please............. HS has reached 0 dewpoint but still 1.3c

would love sky to clear totally and get below freezing

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

at last snow currently falling quite moderately slight covering already

Posted

0.7c/0.0c/E Mixture of big flakes and Hail? here. Is that something to do with the uppers?

Uppers should be ok but does sound like a warm layer of air mixed in

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

just looked at radar and north sea really pepping into life...plenty places should see decent falls....really hope BFT gets some serious snaw for such patience and nae toorping

Yet the BBC had the showers easing through the evening. Shows how it is almost impossible to predict what will happen with easterly winds coming over the North Sea in winter.

BTW like the rest of the members from around the Falkirk area, had no snow through the day today but since it got dark had a couple of spells of snow. Struggling to settle on grass but paths are white again.

Cheggars, definately think you are correct about snow getting into this area at night but not during the day.

Posted

It is dry here this evening (as far as I can see) but is that real genuine authentic precipitation out to sea heading in this direction or is it some of that nasty Sassenach-inspired anaprop designed to fool me into thinking it may actually snow in Aberdeen? Answers on a postcard...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Temp has been up & down all night now 0.7/-2.0 hoping for some clear skies later so we save the Snow we've got. Now off to start praying and perhaps sacrifice someone :D in hope that Monday is EVENT we've all been waiting for.

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Ahhh!

Good tae see that the kilted crew have kept the best O" the snaw fur the return O" Big Innes!

Almost Blizzard like conditions for a while here and two or three inches of the white stuff down now, so ahm fair chuffed noo eh.

And tae think that I was sitting in +20 C at Dubai Airport yesterday oan the way back hame.

Still trying tae get ma heid thegither.

Whit day is it noo???

Big Innes

I promised I would have it white for your return Big Innes and white it is. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It is dry here this evening (as far as I can see) but is that real genuine authentic precipitation out to sea heading in this direction or is it some of that nasty Sassenach-inspired anaprop designed to fool me into thinking it may actually snow in Aberdeen? Answers on a postcard...

Certainly possible, colder uppers are heading in for the evening so convection is likely to pep up a bit:

13012000_1918.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Still nothing here, a wee flurry earlier but that is all. Everything just dies before it makes it here.