Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

anyone with access to NW extra know what the wind is forecast to do (upper) in the next few hours?

Well its ESE, almost EESE at the end of the Estuary now. Promising...

Posted

Well after having some concerns along with others last night ref to rising temperatures, I was pleased (and relieved!) that they proved totally unfounded today! About 4 inches of snow here and it's just about stopped falling. Must say the gritters did a good job around this area. A few possible flurries during the next day or so then potential interest again on Sunday. We'll have to play it by ear, but so far very pleased!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I still think that the ppn over NE France will pep-up and deliver some decent snow to those in the East, with a definite inclination to pivot towards the NW... The next few runs should help rectify this... Kepp watching the radar folks!

Hows are own personal duel going Sno'p , although I'm at work in Croydon, would imagine 3 to 4 cms back home in Anerley, SE.20.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Still coming down here, mounting up, nearly 1 cm now............. might have to get the shovel out soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

I've had a face like a slapped A*se all day due to the South/Central Essex Snow Shield being set to maximum. Thought I'd stay away from here due to lack of any positivity! However, it's only bloody snowing here now........big flakes and settling on all surfaces. Life suddenly seems far better. Evening everyone, hope you've had a good day good.gif

Edited by Ice Day

Posted

After a very frustrating day we now have some snow in Chelmsford actually worth talking about. About 5 out of 10 at the moment. good.gif

Welcome to the Essex dusting club!

Posted

K just in from work, came home to 3 inches, :) 3 inches is a lot ?? Can some kind person update me re overnight Sat and Sun prospects pretty please??

Posted

I can just visualise the fur collars and Range Rovers of Essex being pulled out of heated garages, past mock georgian mansions with electric gates, down heated block paved driveways, into several centimetres of crisp gorgeous essex girl snow, " oh daz, innit lush, go back an get me ugg boots, this is gonna be massive " :)

Lol, not only do I live in Essex but I have a heated garage.

The shame...

It is to keep my cars in good check though.

Posted

While the accumulation is nothing to write home about, Im really suprised it has been snowing non stop for almost 7 hours ,down here on the South Coast, about a mile inland.

Posted

Despite the fact at it has been snowing in Tunbridge Wells since about 09.30 this morning we only seem to have just over 3cm! However that is just enough to make things look reasonable.

Still, it looks as if there may be some more on the way from France. Might hit here if we are lucky.

Hardly any traffic on the roads, which, since 18.00, have turned white here.

Biggest disappointment is that the lamppost outside my house has decided to fail - what a time for that to happen!

MM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Looking very good on the radar still, a shower band moving towards London/ N Kent/ S Essex now, with the ppn in the English Channel building slowly and beginning to veer towards the Kent coast... What fun??!!?? biggrin.png

Pressure looking good to aid the swing inland (I hope)? (Pic courtesy of XCWeather)

post-2587-0-38509200-1358542882_thumb.gi

Edited by Sno' problem