Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 19:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Mums in north France

They have heavy snow

Can she send it our way please? :D How is it going up your way? LAying here, would be deeper if it wasn't so windy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

bloody French snow, grrrrrrr

You'd think they'd be happy for stealing all our storms, wouldn't you? But no, Messr Allende: now you're filching all our snow as well! Sacre Bleu! Zut Alors! Merde Give it back - tout suite!

Edited by Rybris Ponce

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Still think we are in for one of the coldest winters ever.

That's a brave statement there PerfectStorm.... shok.gif

This winter is really starting to remind me of the early 1980's, cold just keeps lingering on and gradually keeps getting colder.

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

Not a whisper in wickford....yet. You guys in rayleigh and southend start blowing will ya!

LOL, i'll leave that to the guys

Posted

I wouldn't whip the snowboots out just yet, but at least we have seen something from todays "event". A million times better than earlier today. Now lets see some settling and a hit off the channel please.

Posted

Just seen Net weather's own NMM model, suggesting about 3-4cms by 12z on Sunday for eastern areas. It is a little further west than some models which means the whole region gets a decent fall rather than just the eastern half of the region. I suspect eastern areas gain anywhere from 4-7cms, western parts 2-4cms. That'd be my guess based on all the evidence I've seen thus far.

May only be of sleet though on coastal strips due to the onshore wind and more marginal temps aloft...

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Love the way the MOD thread, GFS shows a potential breakdown and the "usual suspects" start posting again!

dosen't bother me, just find it funny how they have been quite latley...................

Posted

That's a brave statement there PerfectStorm.... shok.gif

This winter is really starting to remind me of the early 1980's, cold just keeps lingering on and gradually keeps getting colder.

I've been thinking just the same..!!

Posted

And there was all of you far south easterners moaning and wrist slashing earlier.

Enjoy it lads and lady's a friday night to remember.

I hope you lot did not hit the booze in fustration earlier or most members may be sleeping it off and missing the action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Just seen Net weather's own NMM model, suggesting about 3-4cms by 12z on Sunday for eastern areas. It is a little further west than some models which means the whole region gets a decent fall rather than just the eastern half of the region. I suspect eastern areas gain anywhere from 4-7cms, western parts 2-4cms. That'd be my guess based on all the evidence I've seen thus far.

May only be of sleet though on coastal strips due to the onshore wind and more marginal temps aloft...

I'll take that right now. Had a look at the WRF-NMM you mentioned as well...

post-9921-0-59577100-1358540348_thumb.pn

Not too shabby.

Posted

It was that bloody SE wind that did for us here today, but hey its snowing finally so I am feeling a bit happieracute.gif

Posted

Don't Kold, just don't! Lol. The "M" word is banned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can she send it our way please? :D How is it going up your way? LAying here, would be deeper if it wasn't so windy!

It's laying here but so light depths hardly building

Posted

Seen hundreds of pilgrims flocking to se Essex area to witness the miracle they call "snow" for themselves.......

Posted

And there was all of you far south easterners moaning and wrist slashing earlier.

Enjoy it lads and lady's a friday night to remember.

I hope you lot did not hit the booze in fustration earlier or most members may be sleeping it off and missing the action.

Guilty as charged, reaching for the coffee as I type!

Posted

Lol

You lot are very easily pleased with this dandruff sleety crap!

Its a start i suppose!

Eh, the day we have had this is magic!!

Posted

That's an upgrade on the 2-5cm the Met Office were quoting earlier. Who knows, we may be able to squeeze 10cm from it