Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

If current model predictions are right then the whole region could see some snowfall during the course of Monday evening.

Yes but they won't be.

I can see Monday's event following Friday's in leaving most of the region clear.

as for Sunday's snow, it will stay in the east.

No science in this forecast but that's where I'd be putting my fiver.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Interesting snow depth predictions by the end of next week, very much doubt these charts have any worth but it's nice to see Cumbria accumulating over 6 inches.

post-9615-0-10001700-1358613789_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Snizzle is pepping up again, i also notice the showers further north-east seem to be coming south and these i am sure will start to get across the north of our region.

There seems to be an organised area of snow heading in according to the radar.

Possibly another mm of coverage but better than nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There seems to be an organised area of snow heading in according to the radar.

Possibly another mm of coverage but better than nothing.

I have also been watching the heavier showers and the source is definitely dropping south, wind direction also shifting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

My weather app is showing more snow for tues and friday!

And sunday too!

Posted

I think we could be looking at a repeat performance for Monday night/Tuesday, with the South of the region taking the brunt of any snow. For tomorrow night Pennine areas should do very well, for IMBY another case of fingers crossed.

Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted

Interesting snow depth predictions by the end of next week, very much doubt these charts have any worth but it's nice to see Cumbria accumulating over 6 inches.

I'd take that for my part of the world as well.

Looks good.

Posted

I have also been watching the heavier showers and the source is definitely dropping south, wind direction also shifting.

Could be an interesting evening in this part of the region.

Temperatures are slowly dropping away as we'll.

Posted

Cant see that properly is it showing anything for us here in the snowless dome ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Still snowing in Keswick, finally starting to lay. Radar looks boring mind you, though there could be another dumping in Newcastle in time for me going back tomorrow morning.

Guy delivering furniture called it a blizzard, sounds like an overreaction to me!

Edited by Alza

Posted

Cant see that properly is it showing anything for us here in the snowless dome ?

Roughly between 2-4 inches around your area but don't read too much into these kind of charts. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I'd bet a fiver that all we get for Sunday/Monday is a few tiny flakes fluttering about aka dandruff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

It should be good for all the north west but the east has more heavier ppc than the west initially

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Gfs 12z had many hours of snow for me infact it was over 36 hrs if u can believe that. But it shows livht snow to moderate snow for the whole time. This would lead to about 3cm maybe more. But i find it hard to believe it would do this for 36+ hrs

Posted

Persistent dandruff snow falling here leaving some surfaces with a dusting, 0.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Persistent dandruff snow falling here leaving some surfaces with a dusting, 0.7c.

Same here. The showers are really piling into NE England now and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two make it west of the Pennines.

Posted

GFS and FAX both look interesting for tomorrow with occlusion sat right over our region.

Posted

When people say east of the region does that mean the blackburn bolton area.

it means east of manchester normally...pennine ways

Posted

around lunch time had some drizzly / light rain, washed a lot of snow away, but then it turned into light powder snow for about another hour without accumulation.

Min temperature -2C this afternoon, current temperature has risen to 1.3C, not confident of overnight frost here, been mightily struggling to even hit freezing last night..very cloudy..don't see the cloud shifting tonight. Last night low of +0.7C

Would like to think we'll get some more snow on monday, because despite how thick or how much came down in a very short period of time...it really was not that much, as much as most east of the region gets when it really does snow blum.gif

greedy I know..but then again I am more concerned with any potential rain.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Woo what a shock that was, i was anout to post and say what a drib drab day almost like you want to squeeze the snow out of the sky, then all of a sudden im sat here and looking out of the living room window and see loads of massive snowflakes coming down, my jaw dropped lol only to discover it was actually mum in the bedroom above opening the window!!!!...... Thanks mother!!!

Oh dear god it gets worse! Lol mums just told me she was shaking one of her fibre pillows out of the window to air it out!! So wasnt snow at all PMSL

rofl.gif