Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

IF - is there a very SLIGHT N'ly element at the moment? And when are we expecting it to veer ENE?

Posted

its been hail on and off most of the day here, most of the snow is intact, the hail is falling again now and is settling on cars etc that have had last nights snow removed.

had a walk this morning to Morrisons at Killingworth and there was a good 9" in places probably averaging 6 to 7"

awful result at SJP for us mags, it has caused a deep depression to form in geordieland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I'm on phone so unsure but the shrs seem to be moving straight E atm, so perhaps a very slow shift to ENE as the evening goes on. Tomorrow it shifts back to E and then ESE before the convective window closes and the closed low move up from the S during Sunday- I'm expecting snow from that in the early hours of Monday before a wintry mix (sleet/rain nr coast, wet snow further inland) on Monday and Tuesday. After that, it's all to play for.

Posted

I'm on phone so unsure but the shrs seem to be moving straight E atm, so perhaps a very slow shift to ENE as the evening goes on. Tomorrow it shifts back to E and then ESE before the convective window closes and the closed low move up from the S during Sunday- I'm expecting snow from that in the early hours of Monday before a wintry mix (sleet/rain nr coast, wet snow further inland) on Monday and Tuesday. After that, it's all to play for.

NAE - which I'd place way above GFS - suggests snow all the way, possibly sleety right on the coast, though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looking like the cold weather will end towards the end of next week with temps returning to average by the weekend

ECM0-168.GIF?19-0

ECM1-168.GIF?19-0

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Although Gfs, Ukmo and Ecm are agreeing on a breakdown, I wouldn't say it's nailed yet.

Theres differences at +36 and I doubt we're going to have a 940mb low to our west as per the above ECM next Saturday. Plenty of time for it to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn and Winter

Snowing light near Durham rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Just saw a funny snow pic on Facebook from South Shields but I think its to rude to post here!

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Had a superb heavy snow/graupel shower which has covered all the roads again.

1c.

Posted

At the back of the bulk of showers in the N Sea there is now some PROPER activity - and further south :)