Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Interesting - I have heavy snow forecast from 11-4pm today. Anyone else have that? Literally just changed to that in the past 5 mins.

I have something similar for my location on the BBC website - but nothing on the MetO website and nothing on the radar. That BBC website tends not to be very reliable, as Bobbydog says - much better off watching the radar.

Posted

however, i don't want to pee on your snowman but, i was up at 5 am this morning and this never happened-

I have just looked at NAE, NMM and UKMO and they are all singing form the same song-sheet, so another good chance (and it's coming from a different direction this time)

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Well looking great for snow tom from the bbc forecast yay another 10cm maybe

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Going skiing again today in Telscombe village , had some great runs yesterday although had to dodge the frozen Horse crap, Hey Coast what are the chances of snow today ? Cheers

Posted

Well old Mother Thames is throwing something at us atm, albeit light but it is a wintry mix of graupel, ice pellets and sleet at the moment, I am amazed by the temperature down here though at 1.4c, was not expecting that today must admit!

Shrimper those temps you put up earlier still say way too close too marginal for my liking as well.

850's From France of -4c is Marginal

Dewp of 0c to -2c is very close to going wrong as well.

As i say will pass judgement until later tonight or early tomorrow but still have not been pulled into the "definately" camp just yet.

830am radar show the precip growing in the perfect area just off the crouch and blackwater estuary but atm is very light and patchy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Quiet day I think. The calm before the madness of tomorrow.

Posted

I have just looked at NAE, NMM and UKMO and they are all singing form the same song-sheet, so another good chance (and it's coming from a different direction this time)

philip avery described that scenario happening on news 24 this morning but then added "we think...." i do hope they think right!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning

34 % chance of more snow for my area tomorrow , does that also mean 66 % chance of rain or or 66% chances of no precipitation?

Posted

Well old Mother Thames is throwing something at us atm, albeit light but it is a wintry mix of graupel, ice pellets and sleet at the moment, I am amazed by the temperature down here though at 1.4c, was not expecting that today must admit!

Shrimper those temps you put up earlier still say way too close too marginal for my liking as well.

850's From France of -4c is Marginal

Dewp of 0c to -2c is very close to going wrong as well.

As i say will pass judgement until later tonight or early tomorrow but still have not been pulled into the "definately" camp just yet.

830am radar show the precip growing in the perfect area just off the crouch and blackwater estuary but atm is very light and patchy!

1.1c/-4.3c here and pellets/sleet...

Perhaps still a bit of residual warmth left from last nights front?

Hopefully that will mix out a bit as the wind kicks up from the EENE.

I must admit I am growing a tad concerned re; tomorrow as well.

Any shift west and we are in trouble.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

The 00z doesn't show much around today. Tomorrow we are looking like getting pasted from France then just as that moves off another band comes in from the west

Posted

Interesting if you go to the XC Weather wind observation maps here

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

West country/Wales etc showing colder current temps than us further East....assume thats due to heavy snowcover?

Posted

Also still no change in the MetO warnings re tomorrow, yellow ice warning and only small section of the East with any snow warning. This suggests there isn't a lot of confidence in snow potential.

Posted

Woke up to a couple of mm's of snow LOL. Oh well, here's hoping that Sunday delivers. smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

snowing very lightly here

Posted

Also still no change in the MetO warnings re tomorrow, yellow ice warning and only small section of the East with any snow warning. This suggests there isn't a lot of confidence in snow potential.

I suspect they will update later to show a somewhat wider area but they are probably quite sensibly holding their horses until the detail is firmed up somewhat. Certainly the forecasts on BBC News Channel suggest this is likely to happen, anyway.

AS

Posted

It's grey as anything here today, dull and not at all reflected by the snow. Come on tomorrow!!