Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Sunday 20th >>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

good.gif Nice one! It's picking up the cam not too far from here at Traquair

Aye, noticed some pick up in intensities of those light showers coming in from the east on the radar. Just an aperitif though mind. Starter, main, desert, cheese and coffee tae follow...

That's the dug's baws that is.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Ignore them models Ross, they are at it, have faith in the yr.no , then if that looks kack revert to the models.. smile.png

Transport Scotland all over it... http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kp32eg

Assistant Chief Constable Allan Moffat, speaking on behalf of the Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland,

I know this dude LOL. Used to stay across the road from me and shared a few pints in the local many a year ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Ignore them models Ross, they are at it, have faith in the yr.no , then if that looks kack revert to the models.. smile.png

Incomiiiiinnnnggg!!!!

post-736-0-76243200-1358704519_thumb.jpg

Posted

Been away all today. Had a look through the posts and a quick look through NAE.

Looks like we may even get some lying snow near the coast from this. Some inland spots possibly will have big totals. Interesting spell.

A little covering from flurries today and feels like a very dry, icy cold this evening.

Posted

Kilted Weather Advisory:

post-736-0-35718900-1358704595_thumb.png

Posted

A dull cold day here with some small grauple showers and a maximum of -1c. This is our 11th ice day in the last 7 weeks so even if we see no more cold outbeaks after the end of this week we have had a winter.

My old bones however say it is not over yet as when you are slightly short of neeps /silage for the cattle after last years poor summer you can rest assured we will not have an early spring to get the grass growing early.

A prediction from me we will get the opposite March from last year with plenty of spring snow to balance the heat of last year!!!!!

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Man alive! If that doesn't come off I'll still blame the Met Office, even though these boys are Norwegiangood.gif

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

i've got a funny feeling come tomorrow we might see an upgrade on tuesdays ppn on there

Posted

Yep - I don't trust precip models, they do show us getting an inch or 2 of snow but not the crazy totals of the other side of the forth. Here's hoping :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

My weather station has the snowflake icon on it now. It's been there for nearly three days. It is quite clearly a lyin' wee toerag.

Posted

Scotrail unveils its secret weapon for Monday's rush hour:

post-736-0-20273000-1358705558_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Yep - I don't trust precip models, they do show us getting an inch or 2 of snow but not the crazy totals of the other side of the forth. Here's hoping :)

Hard to say, but since this is frontal I suspect it won't be quite so concentrated on areas that do well convectively from the southeast. Certainly favours the eastern half of the country but like on Friday when that trough formed totals will be likely be more evenly spread than currently forecast, though the convective side will have some effect on distribution.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I'll be pretty cheesed off if we don't match the snow totals in Gouda...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

getting some good moisture building up on the north of the front on the easterly flow now its looking like its trying to extend out

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=56.2975&lon=-3.536363636363637&z=7&x=292&y=183

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

What a day spent the majority of it on the now great ice slope of Luncarty....sledged on so much yesterday to flatten it then a fresh covering of wet snow froze overnight....little miss Edo was going down at a rate of knots with no sledge required...awesome fun...what I really loved was all the older kids helping lily back up the hill as she struggled...instead of just racing back up they would make sure she wa ok so snow even brings the best out in people :)..intermittent showers in between and me and all the dads going over the ramp the kids built...unfortunately we also flattened it :) was such a good day the kids were in bed asleep for ten to six lol.... An now I read through here to discover its incoming big style :) I am only on phone so coudl someone please confirm roughly what time it's meant to possibly start snowing tonight Perth? What time is the main belt due to hit Perth from.... Just best guess folks need to know for work reasons and don't need any caveats as wont be holding anyone to the info they give :)

Pic of icy slope of death (I ended up in hedge across the road)post-15765-0-53708300-1358705948_thumb.j

Posted

What a day spent the majority of it on the now great ice slope of Luncarty....sledged on so much yesterday to flatten it then a fresh covering of wet snow froze overnight....little miss Edo was going down at a rate of knots with no sledge required...awesome fun...what I really loved was all the older kids helping lily back up the hill as she struggled...instead of just racing back up they would make sure she wa ok so snow even brings the best out in people :)..intermittent showers in between and me and all the dads going over the ramp the kids built...unfortunately we also flattened it :) was such a good day the kids were in bed asleep for ten to six lol.... An now I read through here to discover its incoming big style :) I am only on phone so coudl someone please confirm roughly what time it's meant to possibly start snowing tonight Perth? What time is the main belt due to hit Perth from.... Just best guess folks need to know for work reasons and don't need any caveats as wont be holding anyone to the info they give :)

Pic of icy slope of death (I ended up in hedge across the road)post-15765-0-53708300-1358705948_thumb.j

I think from now until the early hours it's a case of getting progressively snowier with the main band hitting maybe about 4-6am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

You have to laugh - metoffice (automated) forecast has Embra down for snaw virtually all the way until end of Thursday night.

Absurd. I really wonder why do the bother with these, an utter joke !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I think from now until the early hours it's a case of getting progressively snowier with the main band hitting maybe about 4-6am.

many thanks LS really appreciate the info..... as usual......

oh and BFT appreciate all your satellite photos they are always awesome

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Hmmmm, XC weather says light cloud and winds of 37 - 40 mph tomorrow, but no snow. Met check says light cloud and winds of 37 - 40 mph aaaaaaaaaannnnnddd......SNOW! So, who should I believe?